Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dragon Age 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Samurai Shodown 2 genuinely owns.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FuriousGeorge posted:

Samurai Shodown 2 genuinely owns.

i couldn't get into the series but i recommend kof2000 and garou

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sim golf

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Donkey Kong Country is my fave snes era game.

Plus the soundtrack owns bones.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

M.u.l.e. on nes. Best competitive farming simulator ever.

I call the purple packer.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Dongslayer. posted:

Nox is a cool rear end pc game

iawtp

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Jenner posted:

Mech Warrior 2.

enemy mech

de-stroyed

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Number one old PC game I own is Privateer. loving love that game, and nothing since has really captured my attention as completely.

On console I still play Zelda 1 pretty regularly.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Gauntlet II
Gauntlet Legends

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

little nemo the dream master for nes is probably my favorite game of all time i recently got a cartridge of it and am mad psyched

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Dude Little Nemo was loving amazing. It took me many, many plays but I did eventually beat it when it was new. The train stage I remember being especially tricky, and the change in mechanics for the final stage was a frustrating surprise.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Crimson Harvest posted:

Dude Little Nemo was loving amazing. It took me many, many plays but I did eventually beat it when it was new. The train stage I remember being especially tricky, and the change in mechanics for the final stage was a frustrating surprise.

im not certain of the release date but i was probably very young at release, but i did finally beat it as a child when i was about 8 or 9. my uncle had it when i was a kid and i played the poo poo out of it every time i visited him and rarely made it past the train stage but now i can beat it in a few tries

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Rygar

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Super Bomberman 2 is the greatest and best multiplayer game in the world

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Nasgate posted:

Gauntlet II
Gauntlet Legends

i decided ramming into a enemy spawner in gauntlet legends arcade was a good idea and it bluescreened the machine

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

river city ransom
startropics

also tie fighter

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sunset riders on genesis. Arkanoid. Dune 2 RTS.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Izzy's quest for the Olympic rings

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't remember if crystalis for the nes was good, i remember thinking it was. is there a more clear-headed goon who can tell me if i am nostalgia blind thx

also the capcom disny games were good.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't remember if crystalis for the nes was good, i remember thinking it was. is there a more clear-headed goon who can tell me if i am nostalgia blind thx

also the capcom disny games were good.

i very much enjoyed the nes crystalis, much more than the game boy one

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Crimson Harvest posted:

I remember for the longest time I played that game just getting the best animal buddies I could and killing as many enemies as possible. I guess I thought that was the point of the game or some poo poo

The gorilla was the best because he just punched fuckers out like he was mike tyson

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

i decided ramming into a enemy spawner in gauntlet legends arcade was a good idea and it bluescreened the machine

This is a sign of a good game. Hth.

Anyone remember Iggy's Wrecking ball? That game owns.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Bioshock
Halo 3
World of Warcraft
Minecraft

to name a few

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

burgertime is a great game.

dr. mario too. solid game, solid music.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
has sony said anything about when they are going to put ps1 games on psn for the quattro

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

the pocahontas game for the genesis is a solid one too imo

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Chameleon Twist is a game that has neither chameleons nor twists but there's a part where you kill an ant queen by spitting her children at her at high velocities.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

LordHippoman posted:

Chameleon Twist is a game that has neither chameleons nor twists but there's a part where you kill an ant queen by spitting her children at her at high velocities.

It has a chameleon. That's the twist.

quote:

The protagonist of the game is a blue chameleon named Davy who, upon following a rabbit (closely resembling Lewis Carroll's White Rabbit) into a magical hole in the ground, finds he has taken on a humanoid form

RoboSpy
Sep 2, 2011
What is everyone's definition of an "old" game? I've seen Minecraft, Borderlands 2, and Dragon Age 2 all mentioned, and I don't think of any of these as particularly old. Hell, if you play the latest release version, Minecraft is arguably only a few weeks old at any given time.

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Monkey Island games, especially the first two. I played them for the first time just a couple years ago, and they were legitimately the best games I had played in like a year. Also, Total Annihilation was awesome, but I haven't played in almost a decade, so I'm not sure how thick my nostalgia goggles are. My wife and I still play Streets of Rage for Genesis every couple months, as well as Kirby's Avalanche on SNES, which is a really fun way to ruin a friendship. I know somebody mentioned Master of Orion 3, but Master of Orion 2 is and always was the superior game.

And I have to second the OP on Star Control 2 - it is timeless.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I think some of the posts in this thread aren't treating the topic entirely seriously

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

exmorte posted:

Donkey Kong Country is my fave snes era game.

Plus the soundtrack owns bones.

Those games were my childhood, confirmed ownage. In the spirit of the thread: I recently replayed DKC3 (Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!) and realized how well it held up to the first two. I always kinda glanced over it since it came out just before the N64, I think it was like the second to last game that came out or something, and DKC2 was the clear best. But it is a drat fine game. Y'all should go play it right now imo

surc
Aug 17, 2004

C&C; all of them through tiberian sun.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Anyone else ever play EVO search for Eden on the snes? You were like a fish then ate things till you could evolve enough to walk on land and then you could turn into a dinosaur and poo poo. Bc that game was legit the best non rpg game with evolution as a mechanic I've ever played.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
virtually anything made by Treasure

edit: this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIovUL0AbQ
you'd think a game about Astro Boy would be weird and potentially not good, then you play it :eyepop:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

exmorte posted:

Anyone else ever play EVO search for Eden on the snes? You were like a fish then ate things till you could evolve enough to walk on land and then you could turn into a dinosaur and poo poo. Bc that game was legit the best non rpg game with evolution as a mechanic I've ever played.

Yeah everyone go out and buy a copy of this game. Bonus points if it's in the box.

E. Double bonus points if you post the bills you skipped out on to buy it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
EVO is one of the most bullshit hard games I've played.

I just remembered another game played many years after it was originally released and turned out to be awesome: Homeworld. I've never cared so much about a badly textured planet getting blown up.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Geomon 64
Harvest Moon 64
Every Pikmin
Every non-WoW blizz game
Every donkey kong country

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Homeworld was legit amazing, and at 800x600 or whatever the art was more than adequate.

Also the planet had its atmosphere burned away, not exploded :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OP, please update the list to include consensus good games.

• Locked thread