Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
I just feel like there are no real stakes in this show. Everyone is so...calm about everything. She had a crazy vision in space, is halfway through a mysterious pregnancy (while not showing, kudos for her I guess) but isn't freaking out about it or really doing anything about it even though she's supposedly infertile, and she learned her friend faked his own death to hide from the people she works for. And she seems cool with it all, not even really upset at anything.

This feels like Under the Dome, interesting premise drowning in lazy dramatics and frustrating character development. Or the V remake. I'm only sticking with it for another episode for the cool sci-fi touches, but if nothing else really happens then I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

I had two episodes saved on my DVR, but after ten seconds the 2 bad guys gave some of the most obvious, stupid dialogue and I had to cancel the whole show right there. It was something like:

"The doctor knows, she was with her for all of her fertility treatments"
"And they were unsuccessful"

I can't waste my time on a show that thinks I am an idiot. Some of the best dramas this year were shows that took big leaps and expected the audience to logically follow along. Fargo, True Detective, The Good Wife - all trust their audiences. Any show that treats me like an idiot and wastes my time is off the DVR.

It also makes NO sense for a big conspiracy to not have the one person who would discover the pregnancy first (ie the company doctor) be in their pocket. The doctor and the director should be the two main antagonists, fueled by whatever the billionaire is masterminding. It's a frustratingly sloppy way to create drama. Such a bummer for awesome future-tech to be wasted on a mediocre show.

It was a good night for cleaning off my DVR! We also gave up on The Lottery (for similar reasons) and are about to bail on The Strain. All these interesting premises wasted on under-developed shows.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

SO?! How did it end? I gave up in episode 3, even though the sci-fi touches were awesome. Did anything get resolved? Was this just a big, boring pile of wasted potential?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

This last episode was a trip and a half. We saw the aliens' true form, we saw the Offspring; we saw Molly fight back and stop the alien mind-manipulation; we saw what she needs to do to stop the alien invasion; we saw Odin's plan unravel...and still have another episode to go.

Was it good? Or at the least entertaining? Do you feel like the show has been a worthy journey so far?

I ask because I gave up after the first few episodes and am wondering if it's worth catching On Demand.

• Locked thread