Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I almost didn't watch the premiere since Halle Berry was attached but have to admit it was better than expected (she wasn't). I'm curious where this will go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I feel like a lot happens but the end surprised me both episodes because it also felt like nothing happened. I can't explain it any better than that.

This is going to be one of those perpetual mystery shows that gets cancelled with a season one cliffhanger. I should stop watching now.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I wanted to see where this would go and I think it's pretty clear, 35 min of poorly done relationship filler with 5 min of plot advancement. Definitely feels like they were writing each episode as they went with no real plan. I might give it one more episode but I'm teetering on just deleting the timer now.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

BlackJosh posted:

Well don't keep us in suspense on your decision!

First I have to go through the gut wrenching process of deciding how and when to tell my spouse.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I expected they were the survivors, everyone else is dead and this is just some shared experience: AI meets the Matrix. Or maybe they are all toasters, it would at least explain the acting. Who knows. At the rate it's going, it'll be season 4 before we find out. I'll keep watching a bit longer. If the show focused a little less on Halle Berry and a lot more on moving the plot forward, I would enjoy it much more.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Binary Logic posted:

You seem as frustrated as Sam (Camryn Manheim) trying to get into her lab LOL. "Sorry there's a gas leak try again later"

The pace of the revelations is fine by me. There's a lot of sci fi choices these days. There are no space ships engaged in pew! pew! intergalactic space battles but there's much variety with Extant, Defiance, Agents of Shield, Tomorrow People, Under The Dome, Continuum, Orphan Black...so many options.

I am frustrated by it because I want to like it but I don't. In all honesty I've never really thought Halle Berry was a good actress so I'm biased but I am disappointed in both her performance so far and the writing. Getting pregnant while alone in space then figuring out how to tell your husband and worrying about his reaction should be suspenseful, should be spirit crushing stress on the character but Berry and the writing team made it dull. I am curious and a sucker for mysteries and I'd love to see where this going but I'm not sure it's worth suffering through Berry's acting to find out. What makes it worse is that she isn't a bad actress, she just lacks whatever quality it is that makes me enjoy watching her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I made it 15 min into the latest episode before turning Extant off. I have given it more than a fair chance but this is worse than Helix.

• Locked thread