Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waffles Inc. posted:

To me, that was like taking Babs out of the chair; why on Earth would you reset interesting character development? I just don't get what things like that accomplish.
What is the point of "interesting character development" if it locks you into the character not moving forward? The alcoholism scene was about sacrifice of something dear to him to prove himself. It is explicitly built off character development. They didn't reset anything. He isn't an alcoholic in Gillen's run or in Fraction's run following I don't think, though there are references here or there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Archyduke posted:

Age of Ultron though, I don't know, I generally feel like a Bendis apologist around here but even I couldn't find much to recommend it. Totally all over the place thematically, no excitement or suspense anywhere, super forgettable art. There just wasn't a single dynamic or exciting thing about it.
I think the best way to sum up Age of Ultron is that Bendis made big bold claims about how time was broken and time travel and and ... Then nothing happens of note. The crossover didn't even manage to muster up the "big changes!!! omg!!!" thing that all big two crossovers try to do then everyone forgets about.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That's because SNOWFLAME is awesome and Hemogoblin was loving retarded.
Isn't that a pun even? I mean he eats hemoglobin and he's a gobbling? Hemo-goblin?

The worst

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I sort of like how Onslaught was supposed to somehow relate to Gambit and Bishop's whole future-traitor story thread but for the life of me I can't really understand how you could possibly reconcile it together.

• Locked thread