Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Skeesix posted:

Man there's going to be a lot of comeuppance that we think we'll enjoy now but then really really won't when it happens isn't there

We'll always have Joffrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Apoplexy posted:

Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya maybe, I'd say are the main characters of the show. It's hard to dismiss that they knew to boost Cat and Robb up a ton in screen time, though. Same with Ned, who sure seemed to be the main character for a while!

So what are Sansa and Bran, then?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Liam Emsa posted:

Assuming you guys have heard it already: Game of Thrones Creators Confirm the Show Will Spoil the Books

As a person who hasn't read the books, and has had to sit by while people on this forum post spoilers, buy red text avatars, quote my posts with innuendo and hints, tell me "Oh you sweet summer child,"

SHOE'S ON THE OTHER FOOT NOW, BITCH.

My wife has said she won't be watching the series if this really happens. I told her I'll watch it, and then I can sit back and giggle with a poo poo-eating grin as she reads the final two books, knowing what's going to happen and who is going to die.

And I can buy red text for everyone in The Book Barn who posts in the ASOIAF thread.

Book Barn Thread realized the books would never be finished sometime around 2008 and to the extent they care already follow the show. Please, waste your money.

MH Knights posted:

I thought HBO was going to make some prequel season, Rob and Ned's Excellent Rebellion Adventures, or some side stories rather than pass the books?

That was just GRRM hoping to get more time to write the books, which he needs because he writes at an ever-decreasing pace.

quote:

I know GRRM handed over his notes and future plot outline/draft but I never thought he would take this drat long to release the next book.

:allears:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

kiimo posted:

At least they toned down the pointless sex scenes. Pod's Rod withstanding.

The "play with her arse" scene rang and wants to know why you're ignoring its calls. Also the entire character of Ros, the pre-show for Theon's castration, and I'm certain there are more I'm forgetting.

On the bright side they do seem to have mostly excised the bizarre lesbian excursion Dany had in book 3, so I guess they have some restraint.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

pigdog posted:

You mean the scene where Littlefinger laid out all of his plans and supervillain motivations in plain sight yet nobody remembered anything other than arse play? That scene owned so hard, it is going to be in textbooks.

I dislike the scene because I'd prefer Littlefinger's ultimate motivations and goals being something teased out over the course of the series instead of read off of his show bible entry (hell, book readers still don't know what exactly his end goal is while show fans had that answered in episode...what, four?) and because it was part of the transformation of his character into an incompetent pantomime villain kept around because everyone else (not named Varys) is an even greater idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Potooweet posted:

way more subtle than anything the show has done with him since.

On that we agree.

• Locked thread