Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

No More Heroes posted:

Traditionally giant body builder type dudes have tiny wangs, see every single mankini at a posedown.

I imagine there is a difference between the guys who pose to show off their muscles, the guys who lift large stones to show off their strength, and more importantly guys who do the latter who are also almost 7 feet tall. I have already put forth a lot more effort than I should have in defending the size of a weightlifter's wang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

davey4283 posted:

I'm on book 2. Will reading past book 3 ruin the show?

At this point the show's timeline doesn't match up completely with the books but is pretty much past book 3. Last season featured some elements from books 4 and 5 for different characters. So if you want to experience all the details from the show first I'd recommend pausing after book 3.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I think Game of Thrones, along with some of the other well written shows of recent years, is different because the characters aren't truly the focus. The show isn't about what happens in the lives of these people, rather, how these people interact and respond to an overarching story.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Ballz posted:

Season 5 premiere: April 12.

Four more months. :ducksiren:

Three more months. :eng101:

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Clevermuldoon posted:

Any examples of stuff they made up? I'm curious now.

I'm just spoilering this to be careful All of the interactions between Arya and Tywin in season 2, as well as a lot of the Arya and Hound stuff in season 4 after the fight at the inn. The side plot with Karl "the Fookin Legend" Tanner and the Night's Watch was all entirely new. So some really good stuff, and some pretty bad stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

Didn't Alfie Allen famously say he has not read the books and doesn't plan to. He doesn't want to know in advance where his character is going.

I believe Peter Dinklage had said that, possibly between season 1 and 2 but who knows if that's still the case.

• Locked thread