Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"You ever hear how I hosed a she-bear?"

"I've had it worse: A she-lion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ballz posted:

Guess he forgot Varys already had that as his sigil.

I don't think Varys actually has a sigil, being from neither a noble house or a lord proper, although his icon on the show is of a spider. I know he's a Merman, though.

I think the actual reason behind wanting to take up a triple merman armed with tridents sigil would be if his lands held domain over the Spears of the Merling King islands, curiously where Davos was stranded between S2 and S3 slash ACoK and ASoS.

A completely dumb aside that I will put behind spoiler tags because of incredibly minor booklol details: I felt for poor Davos in the show more than the books, even though only one died in the show. He at least had SOMEONE remaining after Blackwater in the books to take over the house in case he dies. Even though he lost, like, 5 sons in the books, 100% of your sons dying has to suck more than 85% of them dying.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 15, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

DoctorStrangelove posted:

And you thought this show couldn't get any more :darksouls:

More like :babylon5:.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's one year older than Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Jojen's actor.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya maybe, I'd say are the main characters of the show. It's hard to dismiss that they knew to boost Cat and Robb up a ton in screen time, though. Same with Ned, who sure seemed to be the main character for a while!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

whowhatwhere posted:

So what are Sansa and Bran, then?

Starks. They can't be main characters. Snows and "no one" only.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
loving amazing. Thank you!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Makes the season 2 Theon stuff even better in retrospect though. I mean, it was pretty apparent that he was confusing Stark and Greyjoy values but he straight up decided to fight to the death instead of escaping because he didn't want to be "the Greyjoy who ran away" and lol.

Man, I hope Alfie Allen actually gets to do some acting this season.

He's really one of the high points of the series. Someone who knows the material and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mr Beens posted:

Didn't Alfie Allen famously say he has not read the books and doesn't plan to. He doesn't want to know in advance where his character is going.

No, I've literally never heard anyone say this before now.

• Locked thread