Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

chumbler posted:

You might even say one of them springs into action.

Boo hiss.

Also man that's quite a personality on the mother. She's quite great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Almost every chapter she's in leaves me wondering just who the hell the principal married. I mean, if she's this active with others involved, can you imagine what she did for her own relationship matters?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the principal might be bad at her job.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

FH_Meta posted:

Almost every chapter she's in leaves me wondering just who the hell the principal married. I mean, if she's this active with others involved, can you imagine what she did for her own relationship matters?

I now really want to meet her husband.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I think the principal might be bad at her job.
She has made it her mission in life to gently caress with teenagers and I can respect that.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I love her mom.

I also love that the main character knows it's the principle immediately.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That was both hilarious and adorable. Adoreious? Hilarable? Anyway it was definitely one of those things. :kimchi:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Also, this chapter makes me a bit sad that we'll probably not see this animated. Even if I'm not sure how they'd do the tilted frames in animation.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddammit, I shouldn't have binged through all the chapters currently available! :negative:

Seriously, though, this was a great find. It's basically like a better version of Nisekoi, except here all of them are idiots and the reaction faces are less extreme.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I love the faces in the manga as much as the next person but I'd love to see all the characters get done in the serious style again for a chapter, especially if they are all taking something completely ridiculous deadly serious

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Remember when MC's thing was that he couldn't lie?

Neither do I.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

Remember when MC's thing was that he couldn't lie?

Neither do I.

He's been making strides towards protecting his harem's secrets. The fact that they're all really super goofy in the head and he's a gigantic dork doesn't change the fact that he's trying to be a better bag.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The point is that other harems at least keep their gimmicks. I don't recall the "MC always tells the truth" thing coming up past the first ~5 chapters.
I'm still enjoying the hell out of this manga, but it's really forgotten about a pretty big character trait for the MC.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's probably actually still the case, it's just that everyone around him is too stupid to recognize when he's lying. It's a match made in heaven.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, it's not like he's had to explicitly lie to someone (other than Dadigami) recently. He works fine as both the straight and not so straight man. Also I'm not reading this for HIS gimmick. :v:

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 12, 2014

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I'm reading this for the :haw: faces.

(And because it's so hilarious.)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
There's a good reason why over in the Surreal Daily Life Manga thread it became known and beloved as ":haw:-the Manga" before it acquired its current nickname of "Truthism".

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

DrSunshine posted:

There's a good reason why over in the Surreal Daily Life Manga thread it became known and beloved as ":haw:-the Manga" before it acquired its current nickname of "Truthism".

I never liked "Truthism" as a nickname, but I suppose it's hard to come up with a good nickname for something whose title is roughly "The Truth Is I Am...". And, yeah, I love the faces in this manga. Just can't get enough of the goofy grins, plus there're some funny bits.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I never liked "Truthism" as a nickname, but I suppose it's hard to come up with a good nickname for something whose title is roughly "The Truth Is I Am...". And, yeah, I love the faces in this manga. Just can't get enough of the goofy grins, plus there're some funny bits.

"Jitsuwata" seems like the natural nickname for the japanese title.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I always translated the title as "Truth be told..." myself.

And yeah, the "can't lie" gimmick was just forced in order to somehow justify a completely boring and unremarkable protagonist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like "Truthism" for a nickname because it fits with my impression of Youko having a southern accent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rexides posted:

And yeah, the "can't lie" gimmick was just forced in order to somehow justify a completely boring and unremarkable protagonist.

I'm pretty sure it was actually to justify his exaggerated reaction faces. The point was never that he's particularly honest or anything, just that he has the worst poker face ever.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty sure it was actually to justify his exaggerated reaction faces. The point was never that he's particularly honest or anything, just that he has the worst poker face ever.
He's actually tied with Youko Shiragami on that front.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Xyven posted:

"Jitsuwata" seems like the natural nickname for the japanese title.

Yes, but that would be far too weeaboo. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Clarste posted:

Yeah. I've felt that despite the rather strong statements in the beginning that it was pretty clear that the thing about him not being able to lie wasn't a thing of principles or not knowing how, but being really, really, really goddamn bad at it because of how expressive his face is.

Just two pages after after he says that, see how Asahi reacts to being (backhandedly) praised.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

You got it!!!! You got the reference!!!

Congratulations.mp4

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The comic makes me laugh so much that I'll take any opportunity to post it, honestly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-004-Ch-033--See-you-?id=205328

New chapter. It's super cute for almost all involved, and genuinely hilarious as usual.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Captain Invictus posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-004-Ch-033--See-you-?id=205328

New chapter. It's super cute for almost all involved, and genuinely hilarious as usual.

That new girl, can't be talking about Kuromine, right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Youko's mom confirmed for final boss. Also I look forward to finding out what the new character actually is, because there's no way she's going to actually be a dragon after that introduction. Probably a chuunibyou Frankenstein's monster or zombie or something.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

chumbler posted:

Youko's mom confirmed for final boss. Also I look forward to finding out what the new character actually is, because there's no way she's going to actually be a dragon after that introduction. Probably a chuunibyou Frankenstein's monster or zombie or something.

It seems to be heavily implied that she's gonna be a time-traveler who's related to Kuromine, probably his daughter

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
He was just thinking about what he'd be like as a parent. I doubt she's his daughter though, probably a more distant descendent if I had to hazard a guess. Alternately maybe Kuromine's family isn't so "perfectly normal," but I wouldn't actually like that option.

I was wondering when she was going to show up because you can see her on the cover of the 6th volume, didn't expect it to be so soon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xyven posted:

It seems to be heavily implied that she's gonna be a time-traveler who's related to Kuromine, probably his daughter

Yeah, you're right. I am going to blame my not picking up on that on having just woken up. I suppose the "distortion of history" means she's going to be there to make sure that the future where she exists happens by getting Kuromine to hook up with a specific person. Poor Aizawa is going to have one more obstacle :(.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Xyven posted:

The 4chan threads have been bandying about the words "alternate/possible timeline" when discussing her, so it's pretty likely.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Desuwa posted:

I doubt she's his daughter though, probably a more distant descendent if I had to hazard a guess.

Speaking as someone who's read the raws, this is a pretty good guess.

Pretty sure this is all revealed in the very next chapter anyway.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
a chuunibyou?
:allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Oh cool, taking a Negima turn can't possibly be a bad thing. :allears:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Pyronic posted:

a chuunibyou?
:allears:

Translation please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Basically a LARPer who's LARPing all the time instead of just when the LARP events are on.

• Locked thread