Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Now we just need a Robot and Ghost!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Chuunibyou literally means 9th grader disease. It refers to people of about that age who believe they have super powers or are just generally super duper awesome.

Love the UFO.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Wittgen posted:

Chuunibyou literally means 9th grader disease. It refers to people of about that age who believe they have super powers or are just generally super duper awesome.

Love the UFO.

There's a word for that? In my day we used to call that imagination. You whippersnappers you.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Devil knows everything, can do anything, doesn't care about her own cover, and does absolutely nothing with any of this except screw with people.

How, I ask you, does this not qualify her for best character?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Soylentbits posted:

There's a word for that? In my day we used to call that imagination. You whippersnappers you.

The english equivalent is called a "tumblrite".

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

The english equivalent is called a "tumblrite".

But you see, a Chuuni sounds endearingly annoying like the kid who believes he's the Chapter Master of the Blood Ravens. While a tumblrite sounds like a person who has no idea what politics and common sense are.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Annointed posted:

But you see, a Chuuni sounds endearingly annoying like the kid who believes he's the Chapter Master of the Blood Ravens. While a tumblrite sounds like a person who has no idea what politics and common sense are.
That actually fits under the definition of Chunnibyou as well, at least when it was initially used. Although the Chuuni show seemed to popularize this specific interpretation, it covered all manners of "kids being dumb kids."

So yeah, tumblrite works perfectly.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yeah, you're right. I am going to blame my not picking up on that on having just woken up. I suppose the "distortion of history" means she's going to be there to make sure that the future where she exists happens by getting Kuromine to hook up with a specific person. Poor Aizawa is going to have one more obstacle :(.

It sounds a lot like Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata, where a guy from the future is trying to ensure the MC gets with a particular girl because if he has kids with anyone else, a death virus will wipe out most of mankind. Maybe instead of a death virus, Kuromine infects the world with goofy smiles. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

HiveCommander posted:

It sounds a lot like Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata, where a guy from the future is trying to ensure the MC gets with a particular girl because if he has kids with anyone else, a death virus will wipe out most of mankind. Maybe instead of a death virus, Kuromine infects the world with goofy smiles. :allears:

No one in politics can hide what they really think of each other, thermonuclear war ensues.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

paragon1 posted:

No one in politics can hide what they really think of each other, thermonuclear war ensues.

Bluffing becomes a thing of the past, as does any game of skill where bluffing's a factor.

But we're closing in on the spoilers I knew, and that makes me doubly happy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The newest chapter is out here
http://www.mangareader.net/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/34/1

Looks like the threads theory on the mystery girl is correct, she is Asahi descendent.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 21, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Hunt11 posted:

The newest chapter is out here
http://www.mangareader.net/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/34/21

Looks like the threads theory on the mystery girl is correct, she is Asahi descendent.
Pssst - your link goes to the last page in the chapter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

Pssst - your link goes to the last page in the chapter.

That will remind me to double check any links I post here.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What is wrong with Asahi?
Not teaching his grand daughter proper time travelling etiquette.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

That will remind me to double check any links I post here.

Maybe also try a reader that doesn't shrink pages and cover them in watermarks.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Have a Batoto link.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad that very little time was wasted on "It's all just a misunderstanding!" high jinks because basically everyone (except the bro squad) just said "Yeah we'd know if he's lying, so something else must be going on here."

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The bit with each person coming one at a time to gawk was great.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
"So, How'd the thong look?" :laffo:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I love how main dude's inability to lie was being discussed like a page ago, and then it pops up in this chapter.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The bit with each person coming one at a time to gawk was great.

Yeah, that bit was really funny. Also they didn't translate it, but the sound effect they showed as the girls were leaving was "とぼとぼ" which means they were tottering away. They were so freaked out they couldn't walk straight.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's a sobering thought that the future is the sort of place where someone walking around with an ankle length mullet is trusted with time travel.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I...don't understand where he could have been hiding there.

But maybe that was the joke.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Guys I have bad news. Underdog, the guy who practically does most of the work is going to stop if he doesn't get some help.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

People on /a/ are pretty much going gently caress no at that and trying to help out.

Hopefully it works out.

I don't want another drought of this manga for months

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I'm a bit surprised they went with Rin being his granddaughter. That's close enough to him that she definitely knows who her grandmother is, especially with him still alive and all.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Sindai posted:

Well, it seems like anything below the skirt wasn't shown before the reveal. And the panel borders cut off the view from behind, as well.

The only thing that makes sense is that Asahi was mostly hiding behind, and going by what he said, his head was under the skirt, pinched by thighs. ("I was startled when you pinched me with your thighs though...") With the grandkid being behind Asahi, unseen somehow.

So I guess no one bothered to look down, and see both of them hiding. Mikan especially looks like she would have been able to see.

One thing I can't figure out is where the hell Asahi's head is on the reveal panel. As far as I can tell, it looks like Asahi was drawn last, since it looks like he's over the skirt but also not. Or it could just have been 'invisible' so that we can see Asahi's head. Unless he had his head poking through the entire time, which is actually kind of hilarious.

And I just noticed Rin is looking up in that panel.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think I'm going to go with "he was off-panel, so they couldn't see him."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

The pervert has trained everybody not to look below her waistline, of risk facing the consequences.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They're not dead yet at least.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 29, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

She has the genes alright. What an adorable dork

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This has to be my favorite manga of all time. Almost every chapter is equally adorable and hilarious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That last page is probably one of my favorites so far.

Also, previous to this chapter, I had this small fear that maybe, just maybe, this would lead into some big, dramatic arc and there would be more focus on drama than comedy

but no, no :allears:

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 28, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

This is pretty much the most perfect way of describing this series. An excellent chapter!

It's just kind of silly that Asahi had space alien student class rep girl as one of his imagined potential "grandmothers", because of how impossible it is.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Oh that is great! :allears:

And the chapter was good as well. Time travel grandkid girl is great!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

It's just kind of silly that Asahi had space alien student class rep girl as one of his imagined potential "grandmothers", because of how impossible it is.

To be fair, consider that he just saw Shiragami's parents.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

DrSunshine posted:

This is pretty much the most perfect way of describing this series. An excellent chapter!

Do we really know how advanced (and, erm, lifelike) those robot suits are?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The emphasized "Dumb" is basically the most accurate possible description of this series. It's also good that it looks like Shiho will be getting a rival of sorts, as she has generally felt kind of disconnected.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

The emphasized "Dumb" is basically the most accurate possible description of this series. It's also good that it looks like Shiho will be getting a rival of sorts, as she has generally felt kind of disconnected.

Yeah, her own granddaughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're referring to the similar poses, I think every volume cover is like that.

• Locked thread