Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

She don't want none unless she bun runs, hun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
The teacher is the best.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
I like how Shiragami still makes that feeble attempt to cover her mouth so no one will see her fangs. At this point, everyone in the manga is so dense, even if they saw the fangs, no one would think "oh, vampire!"

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
That final picture with Shiragami biting the bun was a wonderful payoff. I really want to see that animated, complete with slow motion, soft focus, and Chariots of Fire on the soundtrack.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was ready for the punch line vein that they were using garlic bread for the race.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Bakanogami posted:

I was ready for the punch line vein that they were using garlic bread for the race.

That doesn't really work with any Japanese bun though. Maybe curry bread.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
M-my one regret is that I have but one airway with which to both breathe and laugh.

Something about both the chapters and the thread posts have reduced me to a laughing heap.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Two new chapters.

Still cute, still dumb.

e: For whatever reason chapter 41 is not currently on batoto, it'll probably be reuploaded soon but you can just grab it from http://underdogscans.wordpress.com/

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 23, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Desuwa posted:

Two new chapters.

Still cute, still dumb.

e: For whatever reason chapter 41 is not currently on batoto, it'll probably be reuploaded soon but you can just grab it from http://underdogscans.wordpress.com/

41 is up there, its just still in its "this poo poo likes to fail to load" time.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Oh snap, what a reveal in 41! :allears:

God it'd be funny if some other Kiryuin Rin's from alternate timelines where he hooked up with the other girls started showing up in Kuromine's proper timeline.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Glad to see Asahis inability to maintain a poker face come back with a vengeance.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

God it'd be funny if some other Kiryuin Rin's from alternate timelines where he hooked up with the other girls started showing up in Kuromine's proper timeline.

I'm assuming that she has two grandmothers, so there's a 50% chance it's a fake-out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I like the cut of your jib, kid.

Also, What A Twist!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm just glad Mikan finally caught on to everyone's total inability to keep their secrets.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 24, 2014

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Looks like batoto's also got the cover for volume 8, with another new character.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

First winner always loses.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Avulsion posted:

I'm assuming that she has two grandmothers, so there's a 50% chance it's a fake-out.

Betting this is it, with some excuse for why she doesn't know her grandmother on her other side, to keep it a mystery. Rather than it being revealed that Mikan gets together with Kuromine, it'll be revealed that she's guaranteed not to get together with him.

Did anyone else catch all the UFOs flying around in the future? Looks like class rep's people came out in the open.

My personal prediction is that it'll turn out that Charismatic Pervert II will turn out to be someone we don't expect.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

her grandmother on her other side, to keep it a mystery. Rather than it being revealed that Mikan gets together with Kuromine, it'll be revealed that she's guaranteed not to get together with him.

That would be a bit too mean-spirited for this manga. I'm betting on Rin just calling all of Asahi's close friends granny instead. That or the split timeline thing.

dublish posted:

Looks like batoto's also got the cover for volume 8, with another new character.

I can't wait for her to get introduced. She's pictured holding one of the principal's horns which can only mean fantastic things are in store for us.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Desuwa posted:

That would be a bit too mean-spirited for this manga. I'm betting on Rin just calling all of Asahi's close friends granny instead. That or the split timeline thing.
The How I Met Your Mother approach basically.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I want to hear more of what I assume to be Future Shiho's world domination antics.

Booke
Sep 18, 2011
To be honest, I was expecting Rin to be a little bit later down the family tree so that eventually she would have all of the girls' blood in her so that when they test out different ways to prove who ends up with him, she fails (or passes) each one. Like doesn't like garlic, changes when looking at the moon, hiding horns under...something.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Booke posted:

To be honest, I was expecting Rin to be a little bit later down the family tree so that eventually she would have all of the girls' blood in her so that when they test out different ways to prove who ends up with him, she fails (or passes) each one. Like doesn't like garlic, changes when looking at the moon, hiding horns under...something.

I was hoping for something like that too, though I hadn't thought of the idea of her having something from everyone. I guess it's really a tradeoff between that and whether she personally knows Asahi which makes things like her riding on his shoulders or the "sleep with me" gag possible.

That said this manga has yet to disappoint me so I'm not too worried.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:f5:

What a twist indeed. I didn't know what I was expecting, but this future arc is hilarious so far. I especially like the cat spaceships just floating around.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way, the Batoto page has the image for volume 8 up and it looks like we're not done with new characters yet. The next one was kinda expected though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Oops! It looks like you discovered the final secret -- that it's a long-winded crossover with Qualia the Purple! :v:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Oh God, this manga and the characters continues to amaze me. :allears:

So cute. So dumb.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Desuwa posted:

I was hoping for something like that too, though I hadn't thought of the idea of her having something from everyone. I guess it's really a tradeoff between that and whether she personally knows Asahi which makes things like her riding on his shoulders or the "sleep with me" gag possible.

That said this manga has yet to disappoint me so I'm not too worried.

She's a time traveller. She could have been his great-great-great-great-granddaughter, sent back in time to be raised by grown-up Asahi. Or maybe she's adopted. Or maybe she's a magical clone that the principal created from the combined DNA of everyone in the school just to gently caress with people.

I don't think we're going to get a simple explanation.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Holy christ on a cracker, snack starved principle was terrifying.

Everything else was really good too.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Speculation like this makes me regret knowing the truth(-ism), because some of it is great.

It does make me wonder how the Principle got involved in the speculation, though.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

There's a really simple explanation for that comment.

Everyone has two grandmothers.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FH_Meta posted:

Speculation like this makes me regret knowing the truth(-ism), because some of it is great.

It does make me wonder how the Principle got involved in the speculation, though.

Eh, she's a demon- if she wanted to appear older, she could (and did, IIRC). That said, she does seem pretty set on getting Asahi and Yoko together.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

CommissarMega posted:

Eh, she's a demon- if she wanted to appear older, she could (and did, IIRC). That said, she does seem pretty set on getting Asahi and Yoko together.

Well she's certainly aware of the mutual attraction, but that's not her goal. Her goal is amusement. To that end, she will probably do everything she can to get them AAAAALmost together and then dig a pothole in front of them. She will repeat this as many times as she can get away with.

She's basically the mangaka's self-insert character, is what I'm saying.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
New chapter!

Why is time travel always so complicated?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no, poor Mikan :(. The first character to have actual guts and she fails. I guess she's Rin's grandmother on the other side, then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

New chapter!

Why is time travel always so complicated?

And another one!

This manga is really good you guys.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

You know, I just realized Rin's grandmother wears the same lopsided belt over her school uniform. Has for the entire series, in fact.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

vkeios posted:

You know, I just realized Rin's grandmother wears the same lopsided belt over her school uniform. Has for the entire series, in fact.

Oda does it again!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Terper posted:

And another one!

This manga is really good you guys.
It's OK, manga authors, you can get your couple together at points in the story besides the ending. Don't be afraid! You could do lots of interesting, couple-y stories and everything. It could be like a thing! Pretty please? :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If we're really still behind like 30+ chapters from the current one in Japan, then it wouldn't surprise me really if he DID get together with someone by then and it continued on. Seems like it'd just lead to more shenanigans rather than less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

vkeios posted:

:aaaaa:

Can't believe I never picked up on that.

• Locked thread