Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is it just me, or is (spoiling for safety) Shimada staring at Shiho's boobs on the second-last page?

And man, maybe it makes me a bad guy, but I love the competition here :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I think going the shonen route is the best way to present fanservice; seriously, I was hearing this during the contest. Also, Rin being all "I'm the only one who can defeat you!" is really sweet, and it's nice to see the two of them getting along so well :3:

EDIT: Also, Nagisa getting #1 in the popularity poll? That's awesome too! As is Kuomoto-sensei...

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 20, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, we are behind, so for all we know she parachutes into the scene next chapter and completely replaces Nagisa :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Classy Hydra posted:

Okay, that was a pretty great chapter.

The angel really makes the principal's job far too easy, doesn't she?

Poor thing, she really tries :allears: Also, I think this proves my theory that the horn holds the principal's evil is true!

Terper posted:

...Maybe.

I can't read a dang thing, anything there we should keep an eye out for?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

To be fair, that's how anyone would look like after hanging out with that lot for a while.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mai wifey :haw:

But seriously though, funny as this chapter was (oh Aizawa :allears: ), I'm kind of apprehensive about any drama that would result from the next chapter :ohdear: That being said, it's also very, very nice to see that despite the fact that they all have feelings for the same guy, the three romantic leads are still very good friends :3: It's damned refreshing seeing their relationship remain strong with no actual drama behind their actions (Mikan was just being Mikan before).

Also i know this post is smiley overloaded, but eh.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
That was both :black101: and :kimchi: as hell. You go, Aizawa, you go girl! Seriously, if you're gonna confess, that's the way to do it! Especially when it comes to ice cream eyes for everyone.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Honestly, I don't think this can really be called a harem manga- it's a romantic comedy with more than one female protagonist, that's all. That being said, I really do wish there's happiness on the cards for Aizawa- she's just too nice for all the poo poo she goes through.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What have I done?

For the record, I didn't consider this a harem because it lacks the fanservice and pandering I usually associate with the genre, as well as the fact that Asahi is definitely in love with Youko, instead of there being a lot of 'would they/wouldn't they' moments with the other girls. That's all :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is haram like the opposite of halal?

Yep.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

AnacondaHL would know it better since it was his mom who wanted to cosplay as a maid, I just drew fanart of it. :haw:

Wait, what?

Cake Attack posted:

I want that in real life too

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

StandardVC10 posted:

This is a story that needs to be told.

At the time, AnacondaHL had a Kyon-facepalming avatar, which seemed to describe the entire situation perfectly.

Oh God, as soon as I saw the OP it all came flooding back.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FriggenJ posted:

Youko's? As far as I can remember no. But that doesn't stop her from emoting -really- well.

There was that one time when the gang visited the Shiragami home, where she and Akana jumped to conclusions regarding Youko and Asahi's relationship.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, that's one of the romantic aspest's high points. As for the comedy aspect- reached Chapter 73 yet? :getin:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Love is still in the air, it seems- TAKE 2!

SHIMADAAAA

EDIT: Forgot to add- compare this set with the previous chapter's :) Low-res comparison pics here.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 9, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
There was a duplicate picture in the original post, derp. Here's a corrected version, complete with comparison panels.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Annointed posted:

Everyone does believe his PTSD face though.

But that's not so much that he's surrounded by aliens and vampires and demons, and more the fact that he's surrounded by people who are dumb but cute. Everyone can believe the latter.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Captain Invictus posted:

It's basically Tenchi Muyo with monstergirls and copious amounts of wardrobe malfunctioning. It's actually pretty funny, too.

It does get rather risque around Chapters 20-something though, so be warned. But yeah, while it isn't as funny as Jitsu Wa, it's good for a laugh now and then if you don't mind the fanservice.
Rachnera is best girl.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Come to think of it, when has he actually had to lie? As in, when was it important that he did? As far as I can remember, he hasn't had to lie since the earliest chapters except to cover up his feelings, and those were to Youko and Aizawa, who are the epitome of cute + dumb.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zeruel posted:

She's old hat, EVIL MAGICAL GIRL MIKAN is the new hotness.

LET THE WAIFU WIFEY WARS BEGIN :black101:

The Principal is the best antagonist ever. Wonder how she roped Karen into it though, the angel hardly seems the sort of person who'd do this.

Also, somebody sing that theme song. It needs to be heard.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tollymain posted:

there are no words
I beg to differ:

DrSunshine posted:

Middle Aged Magical Girl Akalyn is certainly the most moe character in the manga. :kimchi:
:colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Well, I'm only five chapters in, but this does seem to be quite adorable, while definitely not being as fanservicey as MM. Seems like very infrequent updates though, which is a pity.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

:qq: That's one hell of an image to end the chapter on, geez.

Under most circumstances, I'd agree- but this is Truthism, I'm not worried. Things'll return to cookies and happiness next chapter, mark my words :colbert:

:smith:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Terper posted:

Actual, no joke, new chapter this time.

In a way, it did go back to square one, just like Asahi said. But in a pretty cute way. :unsmith:

But at least this time we won't need to wait 71 chapters before things get better, thanks to Oka inspiring the :black101: spirit into Kuromine.

Also, Shima's still the worst, Akalyn-Sensei is still the best- and so are Kuromine's trauma faces :allears:

EDIT: "Don't laugh!" Yeah, best manga.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

cyrus_zane posted:

Started here:
Now we're here:
This manga is AWESOME!

Holy crap, I never noticed. I know it sounds odd, but I actually hope this turns out to be a thing, with callbacks somehow serving not as fanservice, but as a genuinely good way to move the plot forward.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

experienceBeej posted:

Still disappointed no one's called it JiWaWaWa.

G3Wa :getin:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kanos posted:

I was OK with it because this episode was actually them pretty much hurrying through the super boring intro parts in order to hurry up and move towards the good stuff. There's basically no way to make the intro to this anything but boring and generic because the beginning of the manga was super duper boring and generic. There's not a lot to work with when your content is "Kuromine is a coward and Dumbpire is an idiot".

I'm holding out for when they actually introduce the rest of the cast because it doesn't start getting good until everyone starts bouncing off each other.

Yeah, this series really depends on its ensemble, and until the gang's assembled it will be a little generic.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, that was a good chapter. Good on Kuromine for finally saying it!

Aizawa is some crazy :smith::hf::black101: combo isn't she? Man, I hope she gets a happy ending somehow :(

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 13, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

I can't get over Aizawa's voice in the anime, I always imagined her with a fairly deep voice, actually, as sounding more like a 12 or 13 year old boy than a teenage girl.

I dunno, I think she sounds all right. It's Kuomoto-sensei who doesn't seem, well, gangsta enough.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Simply beautiful, and with more than adequate supplies of both cute and dumb :kimchi:

Terper posted:

Me, reading this chapter

:hfive:

Seriously though, those are some cute flapping wings.

EDIT: Holy poo poo how could I forget mentioning these two

Oh right it's because of the rest of the chapter :allears:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 19, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought Aizawa and Akane would go along well, but now that I've thought about it, I believe Aizawa should hook up with Akari. One bakes cake, the other is Christmas cake :haw:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This was an amazing chapter, and it's so nice to see that the Principal, despite her rather abrasive manner (to say the least), actually seems to want our two cute but dumb protagonists to be happy. True, she could've done it in a much kinder manner, but where's the fun in that? :unsmigghh: It also seems Youko might have inherited her mom's steel, which is also an amazing thing to see.

Also, Shima deserved everything he got in this chapter and another ten dollar's worth besides :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A picture tells a thousand words- and that last page is a police report :allears: SHIMADAAAAA

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Artificer posted:

This is metaphorical right? I didn't spot a sword.

It's metaphorical, yeah. She inherited her dad's brains and her mom's guts, is what i wanted to say.

Artificer posted:

Also Shima is getting straight up shat on. He deserves it though. I wonder if it is setting anything up?

Setting the seeds of future misfortune :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JosephWongKS posted:

"Buttology is a core subject in pervert studies".

Wisdom to live by. :allears: Also, I will work in "Listen to the voice of your butt" into a conversation somehow.

Captain Invictus posted:

Those two chapters, the setup, the followthrough, the emotions, and then the payoff, might just be the best two chapters in this entire series, holy moly

I guess you could say they were all cute and dumb? Also, nice to see the principal actually show some, well, principles at the end.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh God, that buildup, that ending, that everything :allears:

Oh Karen :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
According to the law of Conservation of Characters, the new teacher's probably going to be Youko's aunt or something, I'm guessing. After all, we've seen her picture before on one of the volume pages, haven't we?

Also, wow this was out pretty fast.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
She's funny, and that's all that counts. Besides, she's had one very notable interaction with Shimada and Aizawa's brother, can't forget that :unsmigghh:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bernardo Orel posted:

I wonder what will happen when his wife finds out about this

So do I :allears: Holy poo poo, Shayamalan at his best couldn't beat this tweest!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Here's a Kissmanga link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ah, what a bunch of dorks :allears:

HellCopter posted:

I had a problem following the dialogue in this chapter (even ignoring the out-of-order page). I couldn't really tell who was saying what, or why.

Basically, everyone was freaking about about Daddy Shiragami being the teacher, him denying it, and Karen constantly going back and forth in her belief because she just can't help trusting both Genjirou and Kuromine (she's an angel!). Also, Akane was playing her usual mind games again, getting the old man to admit why he came to the school, while simultaneously strengthening the relationship between Kuromine and Genjirou.

• Locked thread