Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hold up- upon rereading I seem to have noticed things on the last page: Are Aizawa and the snake charmer here too? :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

There Bias Two posted:

I think it's a bit silly that there are so many parallels between the older generation and Asahi's. You'd expect some similarities, but it's completely mirrored.

I think it's hilarious that Akane seems to be arranging things this way, but also kind of sad. After all, how long has she been doing this? Has she been arranging for roughly the same class to appear since the old monk she shacked up with?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have to wonder what would happen if he changed the future though- like it or not, it's the things that happened in the past that have shaped the cute idiots we left behind in the present day. I just can't see the author throwing away 170+ chapters of development if all he's going to do is handwave it away in a 'The Future Consented To Change' ending.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, Karen crying was surprisingly sad :( Here's to hoping Asahi goes beyond the impossible and manages to change history!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The future will refuse to change, won't it? :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

I wonder how many of you would put a price on my head if I said there might not be a chapter next week because most of the staff is going to Anime Expo this weekend...

I will cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some vacations come with too high a price :mad:

But seriously though, have fun.

We certainly aren't, having read this chapter :( Honestly though, getting Genjirou a happy ending here would've completely invalidated the previous 170+ chapters, and whether or not timelines could actually be changed, this one certainly wasn't going to.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I almost feel bad for Akane and anyone who'll stand in Nagisa's way after that last page :black101:

And have fun at the con, Tarage! Your work's highly appreciated, and you deserve to have a shitload of fun!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Echoing the statement that this is neither cute nor dumb :cry:

We need to set Akari and Sakurada on Shirayuki like, yesterday.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

khy posted:

I genuinely can't think of a single reason to keep Youko in the dark about what happened in the past.

:same:

Mind you, I guess they can leave out details about her pregnancy and all that- one crisis at a time, people!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
STAY SAFE MAGICAL GIRL☆AKALYN

I'm none of the students, but I've definitely got the Akari face on.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I love how the snake charmer's watching a snake pole dance :allears: Also:

chumbler posted:

The hero always arrives late.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JosephWongKS posted:

Page 17 to Page 19 was one of the greatest and best emotional whiplashes and tonal shifts I've ever experienced.

I know, right? :allears: Hopefully we get more rollercoaster chapters like this one in the future!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy poo poo, Youko's gone full :black101: now! Wanna see her give the ice woman hell!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sistermine was apparently too cute and dumb to notice her door has a lock, it seems :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, Youko really straddles the line between :black101: and :3:, doesn't she? I don't think this beauty's ever been this cool :allears:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 31, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

I like where your head is at.

I just looked ahead and what we've got lined up in the next few chapters and... not to build the hype any further but I think you folks are going to enjoy 186. But when 187 comes around... promise me you won't kill us for making you wait a week before we get 188.

No promises :commissar:

Seriously though, we don't mind waiting- at least, I don't :)

JosephWongKS posted:

So they basically had sex in the classroom? How lewd!

Not like she's gonna get any more pregnant :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Very carefully.

Also what HellCopter said.

I dunno, depending on how horrifying the next few pages are, this could be foreshadowing :v:

But yeah, re: the current chapter, I can't wait to see True Demon Queen Akane kick some rear end! :black101:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Agreed- it's amazing how this manga is able to combine slice-of-life, romcom and even outright dramatic elements to well :allears:

Can't wait for her to face off with her dad :black101:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wait, so Shirayuki actually keeps the Kappa's corpse with her? :stonk:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:tviv: NOW THAT'S HOW YOU PROPOSE TO A GIRL!

Holy poo poo, this chapter was just... holy poo poo!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I... I don't know what to say about this chapter.

Apart from :tviv: If I punched the air any harder, God would tell me to knock it off! :hellyeah: THAT'S how you do a title drop!

EDIT: Also, it's really adorable, seeing that guy mention how cute the medusa was:3: Also, big laughs at how Akari's Jitsu Wa moment was to reveal she's a... MAID!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 5, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I need a new heart and pancreas now- seriously, if my smile were any wider, the top of my head'd be coming off! :3: Personal favourite part: The girl offering a present to 'Ryouenzaka' :v:

EDIT: Also, "Such a nice and curvy body- and yet not a hint of sexiness!" :lol:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 12, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This is basically me right now:

So yeah, I hope you can understand if I ask a question: who are those two people next to Rin and Momo in the last page? Also, holy crap that battle montage was hilarious, and that Liberty Leading the People parody got me good :allears:

EDIT: Forgot about Saki- though to be fair, that's only to be expected :v:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 19, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

That's Rin's mom/Asahi and Youko's daughter and Rin's dad/Oka and Mikan's son.

Ah, I see! That just makes it so much more heartwarming :3:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

You haven't seen heartwarming yet. Welcome to the next 5 chapters of what I like to call "The Jitsu Wa Victory Lap".

I can't wait! :neckbeard: No more drama, right? It's all fluff and smiles from here on out?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Deepest lore :eng101:

EARTH-SHAKING REVELATIONS™ aside, I thought it was cute to see even the other non-human students wandering about, albeit in disguise. Really makes me wish for a spinoff with those kids as they deal with a school that knows all about them, especially once the clueless cute idiots from Nagisa's planet come over :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It's just so nice to see their families being so supportive :3: That said, I do wonder how much Asahi's parent's know about Youko- do they know she's a vampire, or did they see it as Asahi getting down with his girlfriend and planning to do the right thing?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Shima aside (like, way to the side, as a cop leads him off), this was a really touching chapter, and I sincerely hope this isn't the last we've heard of Masuda Eiji's comedic works :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It was a really nice touch to have Genjirou and Tokou's friends come back for their graduation.:kimchi: But yeah, I think:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

goddamnit I'm not crying, you're crying

Nihilarian posted:

you're goddamn right I'm loving crying

Could apply to all of us :allears:

EDIT: Oh poo poo, I didn't notice Aizawa's dad in front of Gen's other three pals at first. That is her dad, right? He seems to be wearing a military uniform and has a screw on his head.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 16, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, I guess this wild ride had to end someday, somehow- good thing it got to end the way its author wanted :unsmith: Thanks to you and the rest of your lot for this great journey, Tarage! Don't worry, as soon as I see this pop up on Malaysian shelves, I'll be sure to get this!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

rumble in the bunghole posted:

is the lady at the end someone we knew or not?

I think it's just a joke- after all the protagonists went through, well, here we go again~!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I enjoyed this manga all the way through. I was a little surprised with the ending, though, because I was almost 100% sure it would end with a time skip of Asahi and Youko's child having their secret discovered in an empty classroom or something like that instead of the college angle.

With things being blown wide open as they are, would being a vampire even qualify as secret-worthy?

EDIT: Tarage, what was the original accent of the vampire on the last page?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 24, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Artificer posted:

The time they finally got together.

In my case, it's applicable to both Kuromine and Youko, as well as Sakurada and Akari. Seriously, it huuurts knowing those chapters wouldn't be animated :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tollymain posted:

boy wants to go to manga academy to become a shonen protagonist

im going to assume the silliest possible interpretation is true until shown otherwise

Same here :allears: I hope this is a comedy as well, and that our beloved JiWaWaWa idiots make an appearance :allears:

Hope of hopes: The school Youko and Asahi are attending is this one, which is why we have another dumbpire just chillin'.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Wouldn't be out of hand, considering he's had cameos from Sakura Discord in Jitsu. Heck, Mikan is related to a SD character.

Wait, what? where was this?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are these translations uploaded anywhere? Or will I have to check 4chan 24/7 for the next thread to pop up?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ahahahaha yessss

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

And also what appears to be a vampire... or a girl with suspiciously bat-like hair ribbons!

I personally hope it's not just a callback myself. That said, I can understand why Masuda would want people to link this new manga to Jitsu Wa. Also, is this going to the the Shoukan Shounen Hachi thread too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Part of me really hopes Saru and Mike get together- is this what being a fujo feels like? Even if I'm a dude?

• Locked thread