Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
God, I really really dislike the character designs they went with! They bishoujou-ified all the characters so that they look like a crappy knockoff version of the originals, rather than the unique, slightly kooky designs in the original manga. It's just similar enough, yet different enough to be uncanny, so it's really frustrating!! I don't think I'll be following the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mikan looks really strange too, it looks like she's in pain rather than being devilishly clever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I am actually really proud of Kuromine. He actually picked up on the hints and went after her after she chickened out the first time. Not every harem/romance comedy protagonist would do that! Good man, Kuromine. :)

Ahh, I can't really decide who to root for! I like all the potential couples, they're all cute+dumb!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Haha! "What is or is not a harem" is probably one of the gooniest, spergiest, most pedantic arguments I've ever seen on this forum! :tipshat: ADTRW delivers again!

EDIT:

Content!

YF19pilot posted:

I agree with both of you, and I think that it's what sets both our protagonist and the writer apart from the chaff.
The fact that he understands both sides of rejecting someone and having been rejected himself, understands what she's feeling and is actually able to put 2 and 2 together, but most importantly, feels that it's necessary to allow her to say her bit and also important to reject her so that she can move on. That his own harsh rejection was above all what allowed him to move on, rather than becoming some dense, spineless twerp who can't decide on which girl to go for. Our characters are cute + dumb, not brainless pretty people.

Oh gosh, yeah. You've pretty neatly summed up why I think it's a great character-defining moment. And it's awesome that it doesn't feel one-sided. Like, we're not just getting it from Aizawa's perspective, we're also getting it from Kuromine's. And that's so cool, the awful part of every single harem/romcom series except this one, is the fact that the protagonist is always this blank cardboard cutout sort of everyman loser nice guy. It's great to have this moment as a way to show not just how Aizawa's grown as a character, but Kuromine as well. It's pretty much the best confession ever.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 2, 2015

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I wonder if MMS will be popular enough once it gets its anime and English release to see cosplayers at Comic-Con cosplaying as Eye Scream Kuromine?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodyle posted:

I have heard Sunshine knows something of this topic.

Or was it someone else who was star of My Mom is a Maid: The Thread: The Musical

AnacondaHL would know it better since it was his mom who wanted to cosplay as a maid, I just drew fanart of it. :haw:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

In other news, new chapter.

In which we get more Akalyn~nyan~ :3:

Middle Aged Magical Girl Akalyn is certainly the most moe character in the manga. :kimchi:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

A new Chapter's out

:ohdear: He's still really good at faces

:qq: That's one hell of an image to end the chapter on, geez.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Now that's what I call a pep talk!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I can't get over Aizawa's voice in the anime, I always imagined her with a fairly deep voice, actually, as sounding more like a 12 or 13 year old boy than a teenage girl.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

We'll just go and throw in every running gag, why not!! :haw:

That was great! I don't think we've ever seen Youko's lil' bat ears before. How cute!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I stand corrected!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I really really wish the anime could've gotten to Magical Akalyn because I desperately need to hear that song!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Youko's mom is terrifying :stare:. ... I hope Asahi won't grow up to be a scary husband like that when he and Youko grow up and get married.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Turns out Sakurada is the old dude from Sumire-16 Sai this whole time and nobody even noticed!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That was way too adorable, I'm gonna get diabetes. Youko really is the cutest girlfriend ever! "Shaaa!" :kimchi:

Also I really loved that spooky moment there, where Youko had a bit of "real actual Vampire" going on. I kinda like where this is going!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Best application of "Senpai... please notice me!" I've ever seen.

I wonder why she has the same style of dress as Rin?

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 17, 2015

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

I want to see the grand-daughter from the future where Asahi chose middle-aged magical girl sensei.

Dude. He's a high schooler.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

He makes the shounen Face of Determination!! Principal's right -- that is a good look for him.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Also, what's with manga and giant eyes?? Everyone's got gigantic eyes in manga and anime -- it's really an overused cliche!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mine too!! The old art is really strange to get used to, especially when they're making surprised faces -- the eyes look oddly squinched-up somehow, despite being ordinary anime-big (as opposed to ginormous as the style would later become). It's still pretty nice and fun to have on my shelf, and it's a series I'm happy to start collecting volumes of so I can reread it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ohmigosh, Tarage, you have the best avatar ever now!! :swoon:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Terper posted:

I'm sick and I was wheezing at every new page, that was amazing.

And that old guy sneaking into the last two pages to be part of the reaction shot. Jesus.

Dude that was the best, especially with him mimicking Genjirou (the old man team!! :D). He made me crack up at the last page.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Well yeah, in order to make it so that Mikan eventually becomes Rin's grandma, Asahi therefore has to marry Mikan. That's it.

But somehow I can't imagine it!

Oh! What if Youko goes full vampire and things turn out such that she dies?! :ohdear:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Tarage posted:

I feel like I have to remind people that most people have two grandpas...

In the real world, maybe. In manga and anime, no, just one.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I keep having to remind myself that Saki Minagawa is supposed to have a different twangy accent than Youko (I think you guys were shooting for Northern Minnesota?) But it's hard because I realize that I've heard exactly zero young girls with that, apparently in my mind it's dumpy middle aged folks all the way down!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RadicalR posted:

That's not so bad a future...

But wait, if everything becomes sexy... Where does cute go?

Also, now I'm even more curious to the whole deal about the family tree.

Obviously, given that we know that Asahi doesn't marry Mikan, and that Rin is both Asahi and Mikan's granddaughter, that must mean that Mikan marries the Kiryuuin paterfamilias her son goes on to become Rin's father.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 31, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wouldn't it be a waste of perfectly good noodles if people ended up not catching the ones at the end? Also: hygiene! My god, it's like you're eating from a water slide!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Does pasta salad even count as "salad"? It's all carbs and not much veg!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Libluini posted:

Originally, "salad" referred to food preservation using salt. (It's apparently a word with an Italian root.) So strangely enough, "fruit salad" is not salad, but stuff like pasta-, egg-, herring- or flesh salad are all salad. :shrug:

Huh! Interesting. Well I suppose that'd be true if we're being truly etymologically pedantic.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

New plot bomb dropped in the new chapter. Shiho is Momo's grandmother so it could be that one of Asahi's kids ends up with one of Shiho's kids and another one ends up with one of Mikan's. Of course no one's really put much though into mapping it out and just going straight towards them ending up with Asahi. Oh well

Thankfully, I've put in over 500 hours into Crusader Kings 2, so I'm all over these family tree shenanigans!! :suicide:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

But, knowing this, wouldn't it be possible for Shiho to decide "Okay I want Asahi so I'm just going to avoid any ninja-looking guys from now on"? Thereby creating a time-paradox by invalidating Momochi's existence?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

what if ranma got pregnant

Well, since they're switching bodies, wouldn't the male version just simply... not be pregnant?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What if it's one of those stable time-loops where, even despite knowing about it and trying to prevent it, their actions lead inexorably to the future which started the loop? It would be rather deliciously satisfying to see it turn out like that despite their intentions. :getin:

So how does the family tree look like now? They've got to be cousins twice removed because they'd be related to each other via sibling offspring of Kuromine, correct?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mindblast posted:

To the people who can read ahead: can anyone confirm/deny that we will get some form of answer to what the hell this is.

It's the principal, wearing a Magical Girl Akalyn suit.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:tviv:

My god, Actual Vampire Shiragami Youko was pretty drat scary. Those slitted eyes. I think the perfect touch was those little veins in her wings, that really "made" the image. Wow. :stare:

Great chapters!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Turns out he's a Vampire Head Hunter and he actually seeks out vampires to do vampire stuff.

Like, I dunno, summon bats or whatever. Be cute. Be dumb. Be both while being a vampire at the same time.

Subsidize markets in the morning, liquidate stocks in the afternoon, hang from the ceiling and discuss profits while flapping your wings in the evening. Worry about the boy your half-vampire daughter is seeing.

You know, typical corporate vampire stuff.

He's a vampire hunter, he's actually a vampire that loves shooting deer and such.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ahaha, that reference to E.T. on the climax page! Brilliant!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ugh, what has this series become? It's basically indistinguishable from To-Love-Ru now.

• Locked thread