Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's a new chapter:

http://www.mangapanda.com/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/48

For some reason only Mangapanda has it, which is bad because mangapanda is bad and I wouldn't normally use them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its a harem

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's okay I believe you

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

seemed inevitable tbh but that's pretty darn cool

i hope they cover a good amount of ground since i think it gets better with time

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's also a new chapter

http://bato.to/read/_/300294/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v8_ch62_by_underdog-scans/3

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i forgot truthism is just a dumb nickname people came up with and not the real name

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they really need to fix it so timg doesn't break spoiler tags

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i was kinda distracted while reading it but that chapter barely made any sense

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Do not multitask, you are not good at it apparently

fair enough

studying is boring though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i don't know any of those names but I don't know many seiyuu names so don't read much into that

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the truth is...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i don't really care about the designs in the adaptation

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shonen manga applied to implausible fanservice was funny, imo

also titties

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the adaptation will probably be bad.

not because of faces or whatever but because the manga isn't really funny at first and i don't know if 13 episodes will get very far into the actually funny parts

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i can't believe that beat both Chihayafuru S2 and Kyousogiga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's totally a harem dude

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

A harem of three characters? What a weak-rear end harem. Just because the cast is primarily female and there's romance doesn't mean that it's necessarily a harem. There's like 10 girls and 2 of them are actually seriously going for asahi, with a third Cobra Commandering it up in the background.

by this logic Love Hina isn't even a harem

like drat, I'm not trying to own the manga or anything, i really like it, it's just obviously a harem

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I want that in real life too

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nisekoi is not funny and annoying, while jitsu wa is funny

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

double arts

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

trying to read anything into it more than nisekoi is not very funny, while this is funny, is over-complicating things

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Every time I look for manga on Amazon it tells me I should buy Monster Musume so I think monsters are just in right now

Amazon is just looking out for you

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Just watched the first ep of the anime, I'm pretty underwhelmed. I feel like they got the voices for lots of the characters wrong and it just lacks the comedic timing of the manga, I'll keep watching but only because the manga itself gets better and better so I'm hoping for the same thing in the anime. :smith:

i'm pretty sure that's just, like, how the manga was when it started.

it's a pretty marked difference, going back. it's lot less silly and more romance with dashes of comedy, and there are things that were basically completely abandoned like asahi's not being able to keep a secret

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

basically i'm not super excited for the adaptation, not because of the art style or whatever, but because in my memories it starts getting actually funny and good around the tail end of what a 13 episode run will probably cover

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

who knows though, maybe it'll be good.

the first episode didn't seem to be going that way, but if the adaptation staff is smart they'll adopt the earlier material more in line with the style and tone of the later material and maybe spiff it up a little in doing so.

that'd be cool

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

someone post a link, geez

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ty friend

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tbh maybe I'm reading the wrong (right?) Romcoms, but most are like finished in less chapters than this, and get the couple together earlier. I mean you can compare it to nisekoi but being better than nisekoi is a super low bar

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yandere kanojo is real good, actually

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yandere kanojo gets pretty serious at times later on.

if were comparing it to jitsu wa, far more so I'd say

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i want a girl with a short skirt

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter

http://imgur.com/a/UHChm

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the series are berserk, trigun and vinland saga respectively if you don't just want to blindly click

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

aizawa should learn she doesn't need to be in a relationship to be happy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how cruel, terper

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-010-Ch-087--Let-s-talk-openly-?id=237953

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

anime girls rolling around on the floor is very important

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the romance getting resolved has kinda sidelined the secondary girls so hopefully they get some more screentime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Covok posted:

How does this series do in Japan, out of curiosity?

It got anime and hasn't been cancelled after more than 100 chapters so well enough

• Locked thread