Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This series is great because everyone except the teacher is dumb as hell (Shiragami especially so), and that's how you get the best comedy out of these. Also I like how the main guy's friends actually are bros who try to help him out.

I don't really see it going the route of adding more horror movie monsters. The cast we have already seems pretty solid and has plenty of room for the characters to grow.

Also yes, some of the best faces out there.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whatever group is doing the translations for this made a good choice with the southern accent for Shiragami (which I gather is what the Kansai accent is more or less equivalent to anyway). It works really well for the type of character she is. It's hard to pick a side, especially with Mikan's sudden rush from behind now. Mikan also has cool boots.

Also, if you like the comedy and light romantic stuff in this series, also check out Nyankoi. It's pretty similar in tone, though be warned that updates are very rare nowadays due to health issues or something with the author. Some of the characters are really similar. Also, cats.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 7, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Oh, we're meeting the parents already?

The snoozing person in the red shirt is I guess the teacher, but I wonder who the blonde in the back with the sword will end up being.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The poor teacher. Part of me hopes that the true ending is Kuromine with the teacher, because they are the only two who truly understand each others' suffering.

But yeah, I'm all for more chapters of goofy idiocy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You might even say one of them springs into action.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like "Truthism" for a nickname because it fits with my impression of Youko having a southern accent.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-004-Ch-033--See-you-?id=205328

New chapter. It's super cute for almost all involved, and genuinely hilarious as usual.

Youko's mom confirmed for final boss. Also I look forward to finding out what the new character actually is, because there's no way she's going to actually be a dragon after that introduction. Probably a chuunibyou Frankenstein's monster or zombie or something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xyven posted:

It seems to be heavily implied that she's gonna be a time-traveler who's related to Kuromine, probably his daughter

Yeah, you're right. I am going to blame my not picking up on that on having just woken up. I suppose the "distortion of history" means she's going to be there to make sure that the future where she exists happens by getting Kuromine to hook up with a specific person. Poor Aizawa is going to have one more obstacle :(.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad that very little time was wasted on "It's all just a misunderstanding!" high jinks because basically everyone (except the bro squad) just said "Yeah we'd know if he's lying, so something else must be going on here."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The emphasized "Dumb" is basically the most accurate possible description of this series. It's also good that it looks like Shiho will be getting a rival of sorts, as she has generally felt kind of disconnected.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no, poor Mikan :(. The first character to have actual guts and she fails. I guess she's Rin's grandmother on the other side, then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Talas posted:

One more!

Aizawa is going to get rejected, isn't it? :ohdear:

Well, at least she can marry the principal when that doesn't work out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Annointed posted:

Who knows, maybe the author would make her move on and she will find one of mc's friends to be someone to check out. Okay that may be a stretch but I have faith in this manga.

I'm kind of guessing that's what happened with Mikan. Though who knows, maybe that line about that being when he rejected her 50 years ago was a fakeout and he didn't reject her a year later!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I really really want to see this as an anime -- dubbed. I think it'd be great if Funimation got some of their A-listers, because Asahi totally sounds like Johnny Bosch in my head.

I would be disappointed if Shiragami sounded like anything other than a southerner.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And three corpses were found in front of Asahi's house that evening.

I think I might be on the Mikan team now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RadicalR posted:

I love the facial expressions in this manga. Also the characters are adorable.

Principle is the best character.

Yeah, it's pretty much beyond question after this chapter that she's the best character now. Hell, this might have been the best chapter in the entire series.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I did not think it could live up to the hype. I must now go punish myself for such foolishness.

How does this series manage to not just keep itself fresh but improve with every chapter? Truthism is something we can all believe in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Everybody in this manga is cute and dumb, regardless of age or gender.

I think at least one of Kuromine's bros is not dumb.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Truthism - Welcome to the world of idiots.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rangpur posted:

I was encouraged to come here via the Anime of the Year thread. Before I begin reading, I must know: is this school life comedy a mostly male cast doing homoerotic things, or a mostly female cast doing suggestive but still safely heterosexual things? Neither is a deal breaker I just like to know what I'm getting into in advance

I believe the scandalously sexy cool beauties above should give you your answer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

This guy does clusterfuck comedy really, really well. Sports festivals, world-ending meteors, and now, pigeons.

That and he's good at knowing how long he can drag out a gag before it gets old. Best chapter yet, and clearly Mikan should win, especially with such excellent gods of fortune on her side.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is good to see that the new girl is, in fact, Cute + Dumb. And that's even having seen that one volume cover to know at least what she was.

The demon summoning was also great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 16, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm guessing it's pretty likely Karen is less "fallen" so much as "eccentric angel in good standing".

Or she's fallen for some extraordinarily petty reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No, I've got it. The rest of the angels are actually yakuza and she's fallen because she's actually a nice person.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shiho probably is the weakest of the main characters, but that's partly just due to, ironically, a lack of exposure. She tends to more often be part of the peanut gallery, which relegates her to one gag. She needs more chapters where she's around Rin or Aizawa.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 31, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cyrus_zane posted:

I agree, this manga is some kind of awesome :) I honestly can't believe it is still this consistently entertaining but actually it seems to be getting BETTER. I'm not sure which part I loved most this chapter, THAT epic page, the fact that our MC actually realized it was probably just a misunderstanding and said that several times only to be ignored, or the fact that same-sex love is now officially angel approved.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure you mean demon approved. By a real demon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something I've been wondering, for those of you who can read the moon runes, does "charismatic pervert" flow better in Japanese? Because it still feels really stilted in this translation.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I really want more chapters featuring Kuromine's buds. They're pretty great.

His buds, excluding Shima, really are pretty great, and I am 100% behind Oka and Mikan ending up together (and she doesn't seem too against it, either).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

As long as they handle Youko's accent well, I'm okay with pretty much any title.

Anything other than southern/Texan would be a crime :colbert:. I don't care if they're in Japan.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The principle was great as usual in this chapter, and I guess something else happened as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

buzmeg posted:

Remember, the princi*pal* is your *PAL*.

Just not the pal of anybody in this manga ...

drat it I always gently caress that one up. I guess I'm the real Cute + Dumb one here.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

I have to say, being followed around by a flock of pigeons wearing glasses is not where I expected Mikan's character to go.

It is an excellent direction, though. Also, they're holding them in their beaks, not wearing them.

Rin also somehow manages to get more adorable each time she appears. Mikan and everything/everyone related to her is great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp, you can add me to the death toll from this chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, it kinda just looks like the average dating sim adapatation. Not feeling too enthused about this. Maybe a trailer will make it look better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

Mikan is relentless and it's amazing. :allears:

In case there was any doubt that Mikan is best girl, this chapter should have destroyed any of it. Sorry Oka, but I want Mikan to win.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Seemed like a pretty normal chapter to me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Classy Hydra posted:

If Shirobako taught me anything, it's that having food and treats on hand is absolutely essential to making an anime work.

That's how any industry works.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I honestly forgot Kuromine even had a sister.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

also titties

I think you mean charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

...Maybe.

Is this... hope?