Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MrAptronym posted:

I want to see an angry 40 year old lady in a maid outfit. Well... I mean, as a reference to this manga though.

Pretty sure she's only like 30 at most, but then I guess by anime standards that may as well be dead.

Also, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

It was funny and all but dammit I'm way too invested in the love lives of these dumb kids to be able to deal with filler right now

The love lives of the cute+dumb kids is the filler to the true story that is the unending war between Akari and Akane. I now desperately need more middle aged magical girl Akalyn.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oka has earned his ending with best girl Mikan in this chapter.

I don't know how this series still manages to deliver, but it does.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Wait. Hang on. Since when was Youko's mother on the scene? How did she even know to be there?

She has principal powers too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's all, folks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I would marry Magical Akalyn, but I probably would not meet her standards.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cyrus_zane posted:

I don't know, it was good but the maid cafe chapter is perhaps the greatest comedy chapter ever written in... well anything.

You'd be right, were it not for the Magical Akalyn chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RadicalR posted:

That's it. I'm done. There is no way this manga can top itself now. We have reached critical cute and dumb.

What if Akalyn actually is a real magical girl?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wasn't entirely sold on having another character just be a girl because reasons, but I was very wrong. This was fantastic and one of my favorite chapters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like how it looks like she's holding a fan for the first few frames, until it is revealed to actually be a crowbar. Then you go back and realize that it wasn't a switcheroo, it actually was a crowbar the whole time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that it looks like despite now having our canon couple they'll still be individual characters and (hopefully often) on their own rather than joined at the hip in every scene.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If this series does not end on Akari finally finding happiness, I will be very mad. gently caress Youko and Kuromine, they don't matter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I died many times while reading this chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Man, this was one hell of a chapter; I can't believe it only got stronger after Shimada's arrest.

That being said, poor Oka :smith:

He'll get her eventually. I believe in them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know how every chapter still manages to be so much better than the last.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In case you all forgot, Aizawa is cute + dumb.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is a new chapter up, but it doesn't make any sense.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am already liking little sister Kuromine a lot as the straight man in this whole thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like ninja girl might be crushing on Asahi's sister next, which is good because Oka already has Mikan.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The ultimate battle occurs in this chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It has joined the illustrious rank of MonMusu and 12 Beast. Clearly we are entering the monster girl age.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Is 12 Beast worth reading?

If you like MonMusu, probably. If not, probably not. It's almost exactly the same thing, but is an adventure rather than a daily life type of story.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Akari looks good in that suit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Huh, I didn't expect a crossover with Phoenix Wright.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They faked me out into thinking that wouldn't be the punchline, then it was. Touche, Jitsu Wa.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Akari's secret is that she actually really is a magical girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Minnesotan accent for the succubus amuses me, so I'm cool with it. Also Youko has a Texan accent and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cold, soggy noodles don't sound that great to me, honestly. Yakisoba is great, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How does this god damned series keep delivering?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I also feel like it might get even more complicated with the existence of Shirou, but that's confusing to even consider. :tinfoil:

Plot bomb aside, there were some good Shima faces in this chapter. And Okada got to look cool for a second!

Okada always looks cool. Also the strongest face appeared in this chapter. Disgust at Shima is powerful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I agree that the future must be changed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Shiho, fall in love with whoever you want. (As long as it's Aizawa.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Shiho x Aizawa ship will grow stronger from this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

RIP, Meroune.

And nobody noticed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The death toll from this chapter is enormous. I died twice at least. The chapters with Magical Akalyn are the best chapters by far.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

This chapter taking (deserved) shots at Usagi Drop. I approve.

I don't know what you're talking about. Usagi Drop never had a time skip or got really creepy. There was no time skip.

Nothing like that ever happened.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

The anime should've gone a step further and had Rin end up with Kouki when they grew up.

Actually their parents should have ended up together.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Youko's mom married Youko's dad, so she at least has questionable judgment.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So it's not an addiction, Youko is just thirsty af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kortel posted:

I Google this. What the christ.

To-Love-Ru was originally bland and fairly harmless as harem series go. Then the author had a messy divorce and went off the deep end and it became To-Love-Ru Darkness, which is best not acknowledged as existing.

• Locked thread