Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Artificer posted:

Huh. They've lost huge chunks of chapters it seems. I can't find 73 on Batoto.

I think they're down because you can get them in English now, not totally sure what volume the official translation is up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean, yeah, high heels go against dress code a bit I guess.

I'd probably be more concerned with the swords and giant shuriken students are just casually toting myself.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

This school is also ok with Rin's pet dragon and also Shimada's continued existence.

The dragon is at least supposed to be invisible I guess.

Maybe? That was a weird plot point.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
God I wish I could find more dumb+cute series like this. I was re-reading some of the early chapters and its kind of amazing how quickly it finds its feet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I thought Mikan knew about the Vampire thing?

Goddamn its hard to keep track of who knows which secret in this.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I think it breaks down;

Everyone (meaning girls with secrets) knows about Nagisa and Shiho at this point. Nagisa and Shiho are aware of everything except Demon Principal (I think they know about time travel too at least). Youko knows about everything but Time Travel and the fortune glasses? Mikan knews everything but the Demon Principal now.

Rin probably should know everything since she's from the future, but as established people in this comic are cute and very, very dumb.

I think?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Well, it also seems to be setting up a dramatic confrontation where Youko is going to be revealed to the school with all the parallels to her parents.

Still cute as heck tho.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Not sure if its great foreshadowing or a coincidence, but when we meet Asahi playing cards with everyone he steals 'anti-mind reading glasses' from his friend who actually can read people's minds.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, rereading earlier chapters is a trip. Tons of poo poo starts super early.

Like the running gag of Shima being arrested starts in chapter 18. Its an amazing one panel background thing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Can't wait for the scene where he plays "Johnny B Goode"!!

Well he already named his future girlfriend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Genjirou is such an idiot

:allears:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Look, we saw Asahi's future house and it is blatantly lacking any enormous furniture and hallways.

QED, Youko isn't gonna hulk out. Or at least not the same way her dad did.:colbert:

(Or we are heading for a bad end :ohdear:)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Well one of the longest foreshadowed things in the comic is that aliens have been running around earth for a while. They made the seven legends of the school, and we know the others were definitely inspired by the parent generation.

Or it could be time travel since we also know they do that thanks to Aizawa.

Zore fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 25, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I swear to god if this manga has a downer ending after all the cute+dumb hijinx that dominated the run i am going to be really miffed

:(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I liked that Akane clearly had the wisdom not to try to change the past even though she hated the outcome too. She realized it was an essential learning experience for her despite everything.

That's also explains why she was glad to see Youko actually feeding. Thinking about it, I bet she'll become an actual cool beauty once her vampirization is done.

With only 19 chapters left, will we have enough time to wrap up all the side character plots? It seems a bit rushed.

I think we've already wrapped most of them up at this point? We know from Tarage we aren't getting any more on Shiho, all the guy friends are basically done, same with present Nagisa, Mikan and Akari. We just sort of finished out the bulk of Genjirou and Touko until the wrap up.

The only ones we really have left are Akane and Rin in any significant way. Everyone else is just incredibly minor or doesn't really have a plot to wrap up.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Oh man Asahi

You got your girlfriend Teen Pregnant.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

No, it means it means it's Okada who's mother will re-marry said vampire hunter's father, and so his name will no longer be Okada but Kiryuin.

Okada seems to adapt to his step-dad's stuff absurdly quickly since he's already wearing a vampire hunter sword in the like one year flash-forward

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I feel like maybe this enormous cabal of in-the-know people should uh clue Youko in about what's going on.

Maybe not literally everything but "hey, someone wants you to reveal yourself and not graduate" seems appropo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Again, she just shanked someone.

One of, if not the, most powerful character in the manga too. Remember Akane has almost destroyed the world multiple times with little effort and has a whole range of incredible bullshit powers.

The only time she's ever been even threatened before is when Genjirou went bugfuck crazy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Well, I completely forgot that was even a secret to anyone

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Alright, Youko's time to shine.

Right? :ohdear:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Could someone repost the family tree? I started thinking about Rin Kiryuuin's descent again and got perplexed.

Thanks!

Kuromine and Youko have a daughter, Mikan and Okada have a son. They are Rin's parents.

Okada's mom apparently marries the Vampire Hunter guy's dad within the next year and he changes his name and learns sick vampire hunter traditions super quickly for some reason too.

Like in the mini flash-forward where Kuromine's raising Rin's mom you can see Okada in one of the panels wearing a sword like Rin.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I love how blase Youko is about being pregnant. Just sort of a :shrug:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, remember the same thing happened with Genjirou where he started off fine and it got worse over his senior year until the freak out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Oh my god.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Artificer posted:

And so it all comes full circle. :stare:

Edit: What was exactly the line of relationship for Rin again?

Youko and Kuromine are her mom's parents, Mikan and Okada are her dad's parents.

Obviously she didn't know Youko in the future since she became the Charismatic Female Pervert II after reveal day went badly in the original timeline. Akane found her and brought their daughter to Kuromine at some point during the summer after they should have graduated since Youko is probably teen pregnant from the blood drinking right now.

Also the Vampire Hunter stuff is because apparently Okada's mom is about to marry Vampire Hunter guy's dad and he adopts the surname and just goes whole hog on the Vampire Hunter stuff. Probably because his best friend has a Vampire daughter.

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 19, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Genjirowns :)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also, how are they going to stop having kids? I was under the impression Youko was going to need to keep drinking blood and uh isn't that what got her pregnant?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

What are you seeing that I'm not?

There's a very familiar body there

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
The grappling hook is a nice touch.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
:unsmith:

Awww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I still think nothing beats the 'Shima re-enacting Nagisa's confession' chapter.

Goddamn was that amazing.

• Locked thread