Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Like that one scene with Ed at the end of the first chapter and at the end of the second-to-last chapter... except cuter (I don't know if dumber; Ed is pretty dumb). :allears:

What the gently caress when did you get a new avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZiegeDame posted:

Why is the pervert in the nurses office one of the 7 mysteries? Not only is there nothing supernatural about it, anyone who has been in the same room with Shiho has to know who it is, so it's not much of a mystery.

Presumably it has to do with the Mysteries being passed down; the 7 Mysteries existed even during the previous generation, remember.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah.

Hell yeah!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's neat that Shiragami is perceptive enough to realize that Shirayuki was actually after Asahi and not her, where everyone else believes that Shiragami herself is the target.

Dumbpire not so dumb.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just noticed that the trash can in the omake has the same pattern as Mei's underwear.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It doesn't matter how much of a cool beauty Youko is, we got us the coolest beauty of all, a snow woman who's literally ice-cold.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You have my word.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

Can she turn into a bat?

YOU BAT SHE CAN!!!!!

EDIT: I don't actually know the answer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Very carefully.

Also what HellCopter said.

Looks like the cover to a chapter of a horror manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SFX: Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is my dream to replace all the "The truth is, I'm" dialogue into "My monster secret is that I'm" for all the dramatic scenes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

I do that on 4chan.

God bless. Even the Genjuro one???

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

Wait...what did Shirayuki do to Akane?

Temporarily restrained her via sealing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

Wait, what did I miss?

Shirayuki is the original (or at least previous generation's) Ghost in the Kitchen.

She cooked food for Youko.
She was also in charge of cooking waaaaaay back when she was alive.
And Kuromine first meets her while the Past Gang is searching for the 7 Mysteries.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're doing God's work my man.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair, pretty much everyone seems to make a similar pose when trying to be sexy.

Youko, Minegawa, the first Charismatic Female Pervert, and Shiho.

EDIT: Unless it's supposed to be Youko's patented hand-to-the-forehead pose.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No way, Norway!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woah what a massive game-changer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

She got them as a gift from Asahi for her birthday, remember?

I'm shocked that people forgot this.

Unironically!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

That's pretty rough for a new couple!

They got approval from both sides of the family and a free house for 4 years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paragon1 posted:

Has the manga said where Genjirou gets all of his money for this poo poo anyway?

I doubt it's either his or Touko's families.

Maybe he telecommutes?

He's an author.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He wrote a book about raising a vampire, based off his own life, as a children's book or something, if I recall.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I've been ignored.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommissarMega posted:

It's just so nice to see their families being so supportive :3: That said, I do wonder how much Asahi's parent's know about Youko- do they know she's a vampire, or did they see it as Asahi getting down with his girlfriend and planning to do the right thing?

I mean, his sister knows so I doubt he could keep it a secret from his parents.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SpacePig posted:

Tadano's a big enough idiot, but he's not particularly cute.

Clearly you've never seen him crossdress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait Shima what the gently caress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Truthism walks a fine line between comedy and moving moments.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

If you think that was moving, hu boy, wait for next week.

To be honest the most moving thing that could occur for me is Truthism finally being released officially in Korean.

The second most would be a redone anime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never noticed it the first time around but it's nice how Shiragami finally brings herself to smile in front of others without hiding.

When she's surprised by everyone even after outing herself, she's still doing that thing she does where she tries to cover her mouth.

But then Nagisa is outed and Shiragami finally gets to reunite with her good friend, and there's even a close up of her lowering her hand.

It's beautiful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Make with the halo.

Will Karen ever get back her halo?

Hell-no!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

I have one last question for you folks before we let this thread die: What was your favorite chapter?

Mine was the burger chapter. Nothing boiled down the essence of Jitsu more for me than idiots running for something dumb while doing dumb things.

Tough choices, but they'd either be the advent of Maid Akarin, Shima re-enacting Nagisa's confession, or the My Monster Secret is... chapter.

Or the graduation.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommissarMega posted:

In my case, it's applicable to both Kuromine and Youko, as well as Sakurada and Akari. Seriously, it huuurts knowing those chapters wouldn't be animated :(

God I'm still sore about that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Chapter 191. Because I was 100% caught by surprise both that Youko was the Charismatic Female Pervert, and that Rin was going to get back to the past. Really should have seen at least the second one coming, but I just didn't

You mean the future, right.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Truthism might be over, but it's author still lives!!!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-04/my-monster-secret-eiji-masuda-to-launch-new-manga-on-january-25/.125937

quote:

This year's sixth issue of Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine announced on Thursday that manga creator Eiji Masuda will launch a new manga in the magazine's ninth issue on January 25. The new series, Shūkan Shōnen Hachi (Weekly Shonen Hachi), will have a 61-page first chapter with a color opening page.

The manga centers on Hachi Bonjin ("Bonjin" means "mediocre"), who has always wanted to become a "protagonist." He has a new dream to attend the "Onigahama Manga Academy," even though he's not a genius.

Masuda launched Jitsu wa Watashi wa in the magazine in 2013, and ended the series in February. Akita Shoten published the manga's 22nd and final compiled volume on March 8. Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing the manga in English under the title My Monster Secret. The company will publish the manga's ninth volume on January 16.

A television anime adaptation of the manga premiered in Japan in July 2015. Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired in Japan. The manga also received a stage play adaptation that ran in Tokyo's Shinjukumura Live theater in May 2016.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guess who's back with a hot new manga!

Here's the thread.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/168601523/shuukan-shounen-hachi-chapter-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Upped on MangaDex now.