Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Hey, look. Just because a guy's a bit tall and really likes Halloween doesn't mean that he's any different from you or me. Hell, he even looks for UFOs when somebody says that they've seen one, and even I wouldn't do that.

(What I found funniest was why he was so angry. I should have seen it coming a mile away [much like old man Shiragami!] but didn't.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Almost every chapter she's in leaves me wondering just who the hell the principal married. I mean, if she's this active with others involved, can you imagine what she did for her own relationship matters?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Also, this chapter makes me a bit sad that we'll probably not see this animated. Even if I'm not sure how they'd do the tilted frames in animation.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty sure it was actually to justify his exaggerated reaction faces. The point was never that he's particularly honest or anything, just that he has the worst poker face ever.

Yeah. I've felt that despite the rather strong statements in the beginning that it was pretty clear that the thing about him not being able to lie wasn't a thing of principles or not knowing how, but being really, really, really goddamn bad at it because of how expressive his face is.

Just two pages after after he says that, see how Asahi reacts to being (backhandedly) praised.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

paragon1 posted:

No one in politics can hide what they really think of each other, thermonuclear war ensues.

Bluffing becomes a thing of the past, as does any game of skill where bluffing's a factor.

But we're closing in on the spoilers I knew, and that makes me doubly happy.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
And one Chou ala Creme face.

Possibly two.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
M-my one regret is that I have but one airway with which to both breathe and laugh.

Something about both the chapters and the thread posts have reduced me to a laughing heap.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Speculation like this makes me regret knowing the truth(-ism), because some of it is great.

It does make me wonder how the Principle got involved in the speculation, though.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
You know, that's actually quite the ... interesting selection of weapons and advanced tools.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
We can only hope that Miss Karen White is a bastion of maturity compared to the Principle.

So what's the over/under on density vs incompetence?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
So, Shirogane Karen. What can I say. No, really what can I say, I'm laughing and snickering too much.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'm honestly expecting to find out that Karen was either a competitor for Genjirou and got pettily dicked over by Akane or that she wasn't and Akane decided to act as if she was anyway. Because I'm putting money on her whole 'grant your wish in the most unexpected way' to have some basis in her past and the principal's actions.

Edit: Alternatively alternatively, her and Akane's past goes back even further and Karen knew the rumored-of Koumoto great-great-grandad.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 17, 2015

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Reading the current chapter, I think that A Case (TM) could be made for it being both.

EDIT: Seeing Akane in an adult outfit is so strange. So strange.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 17, 2015

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

This, incidentally, is why I said a case could be made for the 'unexpected way of coming true' having a basis in her and Akane's past and (as Roland Jones said) her being bad at her (demon) job.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I want to say that chapter 94 came out not too long ago, but I could easily be misremembering.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
That was the best slump without a doctorate.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'd say some version of Yasha's them from Asura's Wrath will do. Probably the final version or Fang. Hell if it weren't such a short sequence I'd say go Wind into Fang.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
This makes me wish I'd saved Yoko and Shiho's imagine spot of a rumor in later chapters. Just post it and 'this pic could be mostly right.'

Granted, the chances of that actually happening are lower than low.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
It's nice to see that Karen apparently took hiding lessons from Recette Lemongrass. And that she gets surprised by Yoko mid-dramatic monologue.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Soylentbits posted:

Into Asahi:
Vampire
Alien
Misfortune God
Werewolf (?)

Would Sleep With Asahi:
Misfortune God
Werewolf
Charismatic Pervert (?)

No Attraction to Asahi:
Demon
Angel
Vampire Mom
Time Traveler
Magical Teacher

Am I missing any? Also remember when Tenchi Muyo was considered a harem? Now the love triangle trope is so standard that it requires at least five girls, one relative, a teacher, and an animal to qualify as a harem series.

There is, in fact one missing one . Probably because, wholly unexpectedly for the setup, she is only in the last category and also (thus far) totally normal. Unless you do some really absurd twists of phrase. His sister, who outranked him on the popularity poll, is missing.

So go add in the sister. De arimasu.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I dunno. Some of those god-glasses make that re-classification a bit... iffy.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Man, now I want to know, too. What does that switch do?

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 10, 2015

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

It seems more and more that it isn't that he can't lie, it's that Kuromine has a horrible poker face and/or is a bad at lying. I think I took it wrong the first time reading it thinking "can't lie" meant something like the movie "Liar Liar". If you just take it as him being a bad liar, then it's still there as a gag, people suspect he's hiding something, they just don't know what, or think it's something else. But recent chapters have been focusing on actual character growth, so I suppose it hasn't actually come up too often as of late.

And also several of the truths that he'd be -trying- to lie to keep are so out there. I don't think that anyone that didn't already know would believe Kuromine if he admitted that the school principle was this tiny horned girl who is also a candy-crazed demon of incredible power.

I don't think that anyone that hasn't experienced the terror of Akane would believe anything but that he's finally taken his first baby steps into being able to actually lie with a straight face.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
And how it's just one generation removed from his deal, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
A communications error with a very, very truculent civil servant.

• Locked thread