Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I love the faces in the manga as much as the next person but I'd love to see all the characters get done in the serious style again for a chapter, especially if they are all taking something completely ridiculous deadly serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

You got it!!!! You got the reference!!!

Congratulations.mp4

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Jesus christ what an incredible chapter

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I think her mom was telling her that it was going to hit earth, you know, the planet her daughter was on?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Mikan don't give a gently caress about your shennanigans

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

My God, it's full of....the best faces

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

even the principal was sick of this poo poo taking forever

a good chapter

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Desuwa posted:

There are studies showing that when you're reading a story that you've had spoiled you pay more attention to it and tend to get more enjoyment out of it, so it's not an unreasonable position to take.

That study was based on a short story that the participants had no prior investment in, and in that regard spoilers are like a movie trailer of sorts. I'm pretty sure they didn't study how people react to spoilers on media they were already involved in.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Oh phew the faces are a lot better in action, good. Looks like it might be solid after all.

yeah this looks pretty good, much better than the promo stills

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I loving hate every last one of you.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Actually, there is

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oka is the best

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

oh my god this fuckin manga

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Chapter looked fine to me just now.

I always love the parts of this manga where they duplicate poses and expressions to show parallels

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

The next time it will be shiho and shima getting cuffed back to back and then they fall in love in prison

Isn't there another new girl that was teased on a cover or chapter at the start of the third year? A ninja girl iirc?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

fuckin christ everytime i click through to that chapter that's like 30 ahead and panic alt-f4 before i look

e: good chapter as always

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

only 16 more chapters till i can finally read fuckin 132

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

good chapter

also dang kuromine the gently caress did you do to your family tree

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That's american style salad so instead of vegetables, its mayonnaise/other fatty dressing

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Wait where did it show that shima is a werewolf or has another side or is that just speculation that y'all are using spoiler tags on for some reason

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks for the clairification, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Excuse me Shiragami is a cool beauty and the initial chapters reflect this important fact

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

While I've had my (free; thank you GC thread) avatar for a long time, I kind of want to take this. This is amazing and I love it. Not sure what I'd caption it, though.

Sometimes no caption is needed to enhance the av

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

its the end of an era

e: wait did you get them to take it down, i kinda wanted to hate read that chapter, bad translation and all

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tarage posted:

They took it down on their own. I had asked previously and they had refused. I guess they decided since we uploaded a correct translation that it was no longer needed.

EDIT: If you want to delve into the madness... http://mangapark.me/manga/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-masuda-eiji/s2/c132/1

Thanks! That was pretty terrible, I'm glad I had the willpower to hold out till now. Thanks for all your hard work!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

reminder:

Tarage posted:

One of the next big arcs is Oka's, and then after that... well... poo poo is seriously going down in the raws right now. I'm honestly excited and scared to death where the manga is going next.

Tarage posted:

It's not... super DUPER everything's hosed serious, but it does have some pretty dark elements to it. It's spoilers to explain why it's dark, but it is. I still have faith that it will be comedic again in short order. This was a necessary chapter to move the overall plot along.

Just like how 142 wasn't the funniest chapter. Have faith.

:getin:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

God damnit youko and kuromine you should have listened to the principal before engaging in unprotected biting

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tarage posted:

Also I read Qualia The Purple and what the gently caress did I even...

Its like you watched Quantum Leap and thought, drat this would be perfect if it just had some yuri

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

a jitsu wa character actually became smarter?

i don't know how i feel about that

the entirety of Jitsu wa but every time you think it isn't cute or dumb it gets cuter and dumber

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I haven't done this in awhile reading this comic but

What in the gently caress just happened

how is jitsu wa so good that they can regularly have these amazing callbacks for humor and then ricochet right back into drama with the last page or so

e: Tarage you and the whole Futari wa Pretty Anon group are amazing, I'm not really a rom-com person but you really bring a nice little bundle of manga pages into my life every week or so and i really appreciate it! I sincerely hope things turn out well for you.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2017

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

All the men in the future are dead duh, they bled out through their noses

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tarage posted:

Batoto is being a butt. The best I can do is link you the 4chan thread. No one replied before I got to the last page, so as long as you don't go beyond that you should be fine.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/154358144

Lol @ anons who bitch about this amazing series

Also, I love that they tell the MC to just gently caress off and sit on the sidelines. The focus on Aizawa really gives the externalized internal struggle leading to the paradox death of her future self some heavy emotional punch, even through the over the top shounen speech. drat!

This was a pretty heavy arc and if future timeline shennanigans get resolved this way, I can see how this manga might get bittersweet later.

Captain Invictus posted:

Her shonen protagonist speech was almost word for word from the end of Gurren Lagann :allears:

This post made me mad because we're never gonna see this scene animated in the parody it deserves :mad:

I'll just reread the chapter with fight the powah on

Fellis fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

god DAMNIT

This loving manga

Hey look its me right now after taking this comic seriously two weeks ago

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Man been awhile since the police car gag, hello old friend. Also loved Akane trying to be serious throughout the chapter.

does jitsu-wa end in a joke singularity when they have every callback in one chapter tho

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

the fukken callbacks christ this manga

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Bonnouji: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/bonnouji-r1019

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

So Rin is Doc Brown? I hope she reads Asahi's letter warning her to wear an extra vest when the perverts come for her

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Considering they mentioned that Akane is always bringing people in for a month and "making them leave", and that Akane's stated goal is to unite humans and non-humans, and the past principal as been set up as opposed to Akane...I would guess the principal is opposed to weirdos being in the school. Probably for a cutedumb reason, but nonetheless.

Also betting that all the sorrowful past of not everyone getting to graduate together is actually referring to Kuromine himself not graduating in the past with them. Unless i'm not recalling what the exact lines were.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

drat. I really really like this turn of events, I thought it was going to go differently. This manga is so drat good.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tarage posted:

Are you having a good day?

I wasn't you motherfucker!!!!!! And now this!! gently caress!!!

take a week off dude, you guys deserve it! And thanks for the translations as always!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Their kid looks like she owns and I hope she shows up in a happy ending epilogue with a fuckton of friends that all conspicously look similar to characters we already know.

Also, I can't believe Akane is loving dead

• Locked thread