Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really like this series, and so should you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*shoves ice cream into eyes* "My god, I'm in love with this man."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All the characters are really sweet, so I'm fine with the upcoming love octagon

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What's that, three whole hilarious new chapters I missed? It's Christmas come early. :allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Things go full tilt in this new chapter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I think the principal might be bad at her job.
She has made it her mission in life to gently caress with teenagers and I can respect that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, it's not like he's had to explicitly lie to someone (other than Dadigami) recently. He works fine as both the straight and not so straight man. Also I'm not reading this for HIS gimmick. :v:

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 12, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That last page is probably one of my favorites so far.

Also, previous to this chapter, I had this small fear that maybe, just maybe, this would lead into some big, dramatic arc and there would be more focus on drama than comedy

but no, no :allears:

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 28, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It keeps setting up these "Oh man, drama!" pages and I fall for them EVERY TIME, I'm so used to stupid tonal shifts in my stupid manga. Love you, Truthism, you never let me down.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

New chapter!

Why is time travel always so complicated?

And another one!

This manga is really good you guys.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

More, more!

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 11, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was a chapter focused on a jealous girl trying to stop the two main characters from going out, and it was really entertaining.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Man, I realized I stopped seeing this as a 'harem' manga, and am seeing it as a romantic comedy.
Must be the lack of fanservice, and the fact that the MC knows who he loves.
Don't worry, we were introduced to the little sister this chapter, so get ready for more harem hijinks!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The fate of the world, decided by these monster teenagers! Let's save Earth!

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 10, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh, a fanservice chapter, great.

No, seriously. Great. :neckbeard:
I love how upfront yet calm Mikan is about things, too. In basically any other harem romcom, she would have flipped out over Shiho's shenanigans, but here she just accepts it as normal.

And that's of course ignoring everything else fantastic about this chapter. Pervert power detected! Activating air conditioner!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

War never changes.

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 13, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jesus Christ, his face. I did think last chapter was pretty weird, but now I'm glad they rushed through all the setup to give us this chapter because holy poo poo. The chapter was also very, very cute, so it's got all things good about this manga going for it!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e: f;b

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

rizzen posted:

This series just never stops delivering. Does anyone know if we have a giant backlog to catch up on? Or are we already up to date?

We haven't even caught up to the point where it was back in July (~70).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Do you know if Shiho's mother has already appeared in the manga?

No idea! Just took that bit of info from the OP, I haven't read any raws.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I was encouraged to come here via the Anime of the Year thread. Before I begin reading, I must know: is this school life comedy a mostly male cast doing homoerotic things, or a mostly female cast doing suggestive but still safely heterosexual things? Neither is a deal breaker I just like to know what I'm getting into in advance

The female lead, striking her best suggestive but still safely heterosexual pose

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shima tried to give Shiragami a cross when they were at the cake viking (lol), so maybe the Truthism fellows are just really down with those things.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This guy does clusterfuck comedy really, really well. Sports festivals, world-ending meteors, and now, pigeons.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So did you make this yourself because this is pretty ace.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Technically we can have both of them at once when one of them possesses a body part, but has that come up ever since the chapter it was introduced in? I think once, maybe, but I'm not sure.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm hoping that for the first half of the first episode, when Asahi is prepping himself to go give the letter and he's talking to his friends and all, we have the old, more serious artstyle, and then he walks into the classroom, and BAM

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

I've never been a fan of manzai humor or other ways of using misunderstandings as joke fodder, so I didn't really enjoy the series that much. I think I stopped reading it when it became apparent that all the jokes were going to be about the characters misunderstanding each other's secrets in the most blatant and unbelievable ways possible. But maybe I should pick it up again.
I can't recall any joke that was about a character misunderstanding another's secret, particularly not in any blatant or unbelievable way. I guess Mikan eating Shiragami's food??

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jesus Christ, Asahi, have some decency.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The principal continues to be the best character.

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 15, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You've barely gotten to the funny chapters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dordreff posted:

I also hope it happens and then we find out that Asahi being Rin's grandfather is actually not true at all and she got it wrong because she's dumb

Asahi and Youko have a kid named A. Oka and Mikan have a kid named B.

A and B have a kid named Rin.

Rin now has two grandmas, Youko and Mikan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, I'd be really happy if the author had them get together and it would be a nice change of pace, but really if less progression means more Truthism chapters then I'm ok with that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/570672975889850368
[LICENSE #1] MY MONSTER SECRET -- From author & artist Eiji Masuda. Volume 1 Coming January 2016!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I read a post on Batoto, I think, a while back where someone said "Ugh when are they finally going to kiss?! :mad: and some rear end in a top hat said "Chapter 7-" and I got the hell out of Dodge, but too late. So I was sorta spoiled, but doesn't really matter, still great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, oblivious harem protagonist and all, I can't imagine Asahi would just be okay with backing out after this. Bless him, at least he tries.

vvv that's a good idea

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 28, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The best part was Youko flashbacking to the old artstyle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't like it, personally. Having Youko's dad's That One Face spoiled would have been sour.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not a chance in hell.

Anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86KUAFyPX7w

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

what the gently caress is this

it's awful is what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, the school trip. All three of them butting heads (literally) with Akane throwing in her magical bullshit as well.

• Locked thread