Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So close. So drat close. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

True. Tarage and crew are still working through the scanlations and I think they have either 10 or 20 chapters left to go.

:(
It's all about the journey, Agronox.

I'm really gonna miss these cute idiots! :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TerminusEst13 posted:

A good story ending is always bittersweet.

Don't want to see them go, but something getting milked until it stops being fun and interesting is the worst possible fate something can get.
It's better to end on a high note.
Youko can't sing for poo poo, you jerk! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Emulator posted:

I havent read this in a long rear end time and I cant find my place. Which chapter has them actually start going out and being quizzed in the princiapals office cause that was about when i quit

87?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress, Masuda? What. The. gently caress? My body is not ready. :negative:

Thanks for the update though, Tarage! You're a bro of the highest order. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OH MY GOD, MY BODY IS NOT READY

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JosephWongKS posted:

How many times has Akari inflicted grievous bodily harm on Akane in the past? Has Akane not bounced back every time, cuter and dumber than ever? She'll be fine.
She'll totally be fine. I hope. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kingdumb Come!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
STAY SAFE MAGICAL GIRL☆AKALYN

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tarage posted:

https://bato.to/reader#c729cac721abafcf

If you want a special treat, read this chapter, then check out the second-to-last page of the first chapter.

Masuda with his loving callbacks I swear to god.
Like that one scene with Ed at the end of the first chapter and at the end of the second-to-last chapter... except cuter (I don't know if dumber; Ed is pretty dumb). :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hate-Senpai posted:

What the gently caress when did you get a new avatar.
I needed a cute, dumb and more current girl as an avatar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god, neither love confessions getting turned down nor nut-shots should make me laugh this hard, but here I am, coughing, wheezing and gasping for air because the laughter won't come out anymore. How does this mangaka do it? And that revelation at the end! I'm still seeing blurry. I haven't cry-laughed so hard with a comic in so long.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, I love these dummies. :3:

I want this to get another anime. I want to see the moment where Shirayuki starts losing her cool animated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Something Something Broken (but Cute) Clock Something Something.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, silly puns. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tollymain posted:

any idea what the author's been up to since tho
Nothing so far, from the looks of it. I'm guessing he's still trying to get another series going.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
GOLY GOSH DARN IT. :stwoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KoB posted:

She will get more dumb and cute.
This is impossible. She reached top dimness and cuteness in Chapter 117's cover

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I ain't cryin'! I AIN'T CRYIN'! :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

Don't worry, everybody. The cutest character is finally back this chapter.

Bancho Squat included! :swoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darke GBF posted:

"small fortune"
You rang?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
85-86?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Because he's Shima, that's why.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Youko is pretty book-smart. She's just adorably dumb wrt everything else.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dagnabbit, even if it was the perfect combination of dumb, cute, funny and all that jazz, I wasn't expecting to get this... emotional.

Looks... looks like it's starting to rain.

Thanks for making this happen, Tarage! I feel a bit dumb admitting this, but every time you posted here, all I could think when I saw your username was "Karaage"

Make sure to let everyone whose name appears on this page that we appreciate it! e-Brofists for all of them! :)

And of course, Masuda had to make a callback. Dumb and cute, to the very end! :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
These are some of my favorite panels/pages (Top are my least favorite, with the bottom being my absolute favorite panel from this manga)

Sorry if I go on for too long, but I really like this manga. Here's a little story as to why:

Before this manga came into my life, the only thing I had recently read that was in sorta the same genre that I really liked was Bonnouji. Afterwards, the only manga remotely rom-com that I kept coming back to read every once in a blue moon (meaning once every month, every two months) was Nisekoi. The only reason I did that was because Nisekoi was pure junk-food manga. I mean, Komi has some of the best blushing/dumb reaction faces but, aside from that ( Shuu/Ruri happening and maaaaaybe Marika), I deeply disliked almost everything about it. It was stockholm syndrome at its worst. Like, almost as bad as Bleach fans. Like a friend who kept watching How I Met Your Mother all the way to the end despite the fact that after season 5, we were both completely unenthusiastic about the show. Nisekoi's almost-year-long "elimination arc" (a.k.a. when they started weeding out the harem) was so infuriatingly long and the last few chapters were just... ugh. I kinda came to interpret why Ruri had the same bored expression: She had been trapped in this existential limbo for far longer than I had, having to deal with Raku and Onodera's wishy-washy bullshit.

Nisekoi often reminded me (for good and ill, but mostly ill) of Love Hina, which is one of the few manga that I can say I own, despite the fact that it hasn't aged all that well with me; except that at least in Love Hina, Keitaro and Naru actually start going out as a couple like at least two full volumes before the finale and, as a couple, they dealt with a few problems as a result. Not very deeply, mind you, but points for trying. Then I discovered this manga.

The truth is, about 3.5 years ago (thanks to this thread, actually!) I felt like it was ok to admit that I liked dumb rom-com manga aside from Bonnouji again. I liked most of the jokes, all the characters were charming as hell, but then I felt like it was about to go in the same direction as other manga/anime when we got to the Maid Cafe chapter. Don't misunderstand me, it is one of the funniest chapters in this manga. Hell: It's one of the funniest chapters of anything from this decade, maybe. Asahi's expression in this page is straight out of a horror manga, but applied to a chapter as funny as the one it is a part of makes it pure comedy gold. I almost asphyxiated out of the lack of air from laughing so much. But at the same time, I thought that it was going to be the same ol' story as in most rom-com / harem manga.

And then, a couple of months later, this happened.

Goddammit, my feelings actually hurt from seeing Youko feeling horrible about herself.

But then THIS loving HAPPENED:

These two adorable morons started going out! It had barely been a year (also almost a year of in-universe time) since I started reading this, but these two doofuses started going out! And it wasn't like there was some "Tee-hee! Back to the status quo!" bullshit or something. These morons actually started doing couple-stuff! And the comic didn't suffer! It actually became funnier! And sad! And serious! How the gently caress had this gone unnoticed for as long as it did? Then came the anime announcement. I mean sure, the anime was less than stellar compared to the manga. But oh my god the manga. It kept going, becoming funnier and better. And the chapters where dumb dudes/ladies cried, I too cried.

I mean: Sakurada confessed! AND HE WAS RECIPROCATED! Shima kept on being confirmed as being undisputedly the worst! And Shiho! The pervy gag character got development! Oh, and OKA! Little Quiet but snarky Oka got development! And Dumb Vampire Dad got a backstory! And I cried! This goddamn manga got me to care enough about a dumb but loving fictional dad! And the ending arc! That love/marriage confession would've made Domon Kasshu proud! And do you see where I'm going with this?

Once I get my replacement credit card (my previous one got cloned, unfortunately), I vow to start buying the manga. Because now, I feel and think that there IS a Rom-Com manga that I can have in my shelf on display instead of being archived in boxes.

I love these dummies and I'm gonna miss them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno. There was plenty of dimness! And as someone who constantly falls short of his own expectations, I can relate with Hachiki. Also, cute boys! :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mangadex link is up, as well: https://mangadex.com/chapter/101097/1

drat, we need a new thread for Weekly Shounen Hachi! I think it's has potentialt to be as rad as My Monster Secret! :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CommissarMega posted:

Part of me really hopes Saru and Mike get together- is this what being a fujo feels like? Even if I'm a dude?
Ah, the ever-elusive fudanshi! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If no one is working on One, I could give it a try later today, since it's my "Friday" of sorts. Not right now, though.

• Locked thread