Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Libluini posted:

Yeah, but just one time I would like to read a story like this were the relationship advances into an actual relationship and then continues into this new wonderland of potential jokes instead of just ending. I've seen comics were this romance-status quo bullshit continued for something like 36+ volumes and after some point I experienced serious romance fatigue and had to stop.

The whole "will they won't they" tension gets to feeling very contrived in a lot of series and it's dumb and I hate it. It feels like very weak writing. Yandere Kanojo does the thing you are describing, I enjoyed it but I don't know if it's actually a good manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

i can confirm this

edit: just so we're clear, what herbotron means is that the main couple gets together very early on. not that it goes 36+ volumes without any resolution.

Correct, sorry if that was ambiguous.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

UWOWOWOW!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

good chapter, made me cry from laughing too much

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Zore posted:

I still think nothing beats the 'Shima re-enacting Nagisa's confession' chapter.

Goddamn was that amazing.

That was when I knew this was manga was something special. It was just so clever and funny.
I really appreciated how this manga used genuine drama to create comedy without desecrating (that's not quite the right word) the struggles and relationships of the characters.
Whenever things got just a little too stressful or sappy there was a punchline at exactly the right moment.

• Locked thread