Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's done a very good job of toeing the line between absurd comedy and romance, though obviously it's focused more on the former than the latter. I look forward to any other supernatural/sci-fi creatures it can throw at us.

And the faces/expressions as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also, I haven't read Rosario, but wasn't it filled with a bunch of fan service?
Yeah. Its gimmick was also that it went from "harem comedy with a spineless lead" to "Dark And Serious Hardcore Action Extravaganza with a spineless lead". Both were pretty bad; I have no idea why so many people got on board with the action phase because it was just another flavor of the same blandness.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh, we're meeting the parents already?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I actually rather like the romance this time around, to the point where I even posted about the series at one point in the Shoujo/Romance thread. I think the series balances its components quite well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nice sidestep while avoiding that kick. I guess Asahi has developed some sort of spider sense.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 1, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like a cop taking one last case before he retires, the fate of that car was sealed from the very beginning.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My favorite parts of these past few chapters is how pumped up Shiragami is about everything :haw: What a lovable dork.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Time for some fun times with dad in Chapter 31.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's probably actually still the case, it's just that everyone around him is too stupid to recognize when he's lying. It's a match made in heaven.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They're not dead yet at least.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 29, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're referring to the similar poses, I think every volume cover is like that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"Do either of you have any intentions of hiding your secrets?!" says it all, really.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, no one actually knows who the principal is. The beard on the bat is suitably dumb/goofy as well.

...couldn't she just wish for her snacks regardless of any outcome?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The truth is... there are two more chapters out.

Should've seen that ending coming a mile away. :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I like the cut of your jib, kid.

Also, What A Twist!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Desuwa posted:

That would be a bit too mean-spirited for this manga. I'm betting on Rin just calling all of Asahi's close friends granny instead. That or the split timeline thing.
The How I Met Your Mother approach basically.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Terper posted:

And another one!

This manga is really good you guys.
It's OK, manga authors, you can get your couple together at points in the story besides the ending. Don't be afraid! You could do lots of interesting, couple-y stories and everything. It could be like a thing! Pretty please? :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do we know if it's a weekly or monthly series?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Youko and her bat costume wants this thread to cheer up OK :mad:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suppose that counts as progress.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"There was some garbage outside that looked an awful lot like Shima." "That was Shima."

Glasses guy even pulled a Yu Narukami and didn't even bother to take his hands out of his pockets as he fell.
Yeah, the Idiot Trio isn't a bad addition at all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Posted without comment.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I LOOKED AT THE TRAP, RAY :stonk:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The structure of this one is kind of weird. Like they kept jumping straight to the punchline without actually setting up the jokes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That is a panel that is going to be hard to top for a while, even for this manga.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Go big or go home.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

dordreff posted:

...in which the girls awaken their Stand powers.
This needs some love too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I read it and then went to go link it only for it to no longer exist on batoto anymore.

It is also a good chapter if you like pigeons. And especially if you like pigeons wearing sunglasses.

E: Chapter 59

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 7, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Would've been more of a surprise if the batoto volume cover from a while back didn't show her with wings.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Darth Walrus posted:

Where is this from, anyway?
The first colored page in chapter 35.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Folt The Bolt posted:

That is one manga which should have an anime IMO.
Sorry to say it has to get in line behind Biscuit Hammer/Sengoku Youko/Spirit Circle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The guys as it turns out are pretty dumb too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 68

I don't usually post the group credits page when I link chapters but I think it's worth it this time:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I chuckled at Asahi fist pumping while answering Youko's silly/awkward questions.

The other thing was neat too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Here are some spoilers for Chapter 72: funny stuff continues to happen.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Such a chapter can only be properly discussed in the form of its panels. I title this one "Truthism's equivalent of the scream of 'ultimate suffering' from the Princess Bride":

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's the reactions of abject, sheer terror that sells it IMO as hilarious rather than cringe humor.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Lots of chapters like to pick one joke and run it into the ground for the duration, which usually works pretty well, but I think I will agree that this one it didn't quite connect and/or felt a little forced after a while. Some great individual moments/panels though of course.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did not particularly care for this chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like Fate a whole lot but it will have to blow my mind in the last few episodes for me to put it at #1.

• Locked thread