Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure that's how it's supposed to work but I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Allarion posted:

The argument is basically done, but Ah My Goddess is considered a harem when all of 1 girl, maybe 2 if you want to stretch it were into the dude. So yeah, an guy/girl surrounded by the opposite gender is the definition of a harem.
Eeeeeh I know this argument has been kind of beaten into the ground already but I'd say it's a stretch with AMG, it really was more usually just called a romantic comedy. It had a semblance of a single love triangle with the MC for maybe 5 years of its 26 year run.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My Monster Secret is totally a harem tho (and pretty good).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's just really really generic. Shaft apparently has injected a decent amount of style into their take on it but it's still ultimately a generic romcom that you've likely seen a million versions of already.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also the author's previous story Double Arts was fun and got killed off before it could get far which some people are still bitter about.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Specifically the Nisekoi author previously drew Double Arts.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I loving hate every last one of you.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's not a new chapter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd be more excited about the chapter if the manga hadn't stretched it out so long to get there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know, I've kind of gone from liking the class rep to not when they've spent like 15 chapters on her psyching herself up to confess and/or get turned down. Well the one where she was competing with Mikan was good though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Other series being bad does not excuse this one from having the potential to do a plot point better but failing to do so.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Comparatively I feel like they've handled the Mikan side of things a lot better, and she's turned out to be a better character for it as time went on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that'll do. That'll do nicely.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shimada is like, the worst but still good for a laugh, but I think we've hit some sort of Event Horizon with Nagisa's brother and he's just kind of not fun anymore.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK yeah that was pretty, pretty funny. Yeah.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Outside of Youko Faces that felt like a largely unnecessary chapter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
See, romance manga series, it is possible to have the main couple get together before the last chapter and still have Fun Stuff happen.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Every panel with Youko in it was amazing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They've been killing it lately :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I could take or leave all of the charismatic pervert stuff to be honest, but as usual Youko is able to come to the rescue.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like "student characters eventually becoming teachers at the school they met" is way, way overused in manga IMO.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm sure it tastes fine it just seems like too much work. Just like give me a bowl of 'em.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was one of the funniest chapters in a while, haha. God drat it, Shima.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Where is Okabe Rintaro when you need him, this world line is a lost cause

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Avulsion posted:

Behold, a userscript that does exactly that for every manga site: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/692-manga-loader
Oh my god yesssssss.

I prefer kissmanga's format, but whatever uploading process they use seems to be more flawed than other sites and thus have missing pages often enough that I prefer batoto.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao, this manga. It doesn't always have a homerun and some jokes are repeated way too much (well, mostly the charismatic pervert stuff) but it's on frequently enough with chapters like this that I'll always keep coming back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hooray.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Honestly didn't see that one coming, that's a fairly cool twist/development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The truth is, this series is pretty great.

• Locked thread