Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PreacherTom
Oct 7, 2003

I want to prank them for hours in my basement...

Mutation posted:

Yeah, can't really hate it. It's a decent nostalgic farewell album.

True, but I have to say that I've been waiting for him to truly open up on a solo for a long, long time. And it looks like I'll be waiting forever.

I've always thought that the solo in High Hopes was a great way for the band to go out. "Louder than Words" is nothing compared to that.

I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PreacherTom
Oct 7, 2003

I want to prank them for hours in my basement...

echinopsis posted:

Comfortably Numb from the Pulse live album is the opening up you deserve

Actually, Gilmour's High Hopes solo from the second disc of "Remember That Night", noted as "At the BBC Mermaid Theatre Concert" is spectacular. He runs the whole spectrum there, and the pathos in the "quiet section" is breathtaking.

That's what gets me. I know what he's capable of doing, and I've seen so many quotes where he complained that he never gets to express himself musically...and then when he has the chance, he just doesn't take it to the next level anymore.

• Locked thread