Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
That teaser looks and sounds uncannily like an ITV ident. Coming up next: boring shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

It's OK, man, it's good to have one's sick burns verified.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Still using that muted delay sound, huh, David.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I'm kind of sad because I was gonna get this album for my dad for Christmas but it sounds like it's not gonna be very good. Sorry Dad.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I actually really like The Division Bell. I like how "nice" it is. It's the smell of a new car, in album form. The smell of a new 1996 VW Golf, in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9teXP-xP8

Pink Floyd decals.

Premium stereo.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

They are 70 years old. Do you guys expect them to change their sound or something? Maybe do a collab with Pharrell or Skrillex? I'm not exactly psyched but I'm not expecting them to produce their best work when they live a life of luxury and have really nothing left to say. Now if Roger was in it that'd be different.

We expect this to be a bad album. "What did you expect?!" has no place in any discussion of merit.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

echinopsis posted:

David nailed the solo on "on an island" and that was only a few years ago. his lead work could save this

David Gilmour could solo over a packet of Wotsits and elevate it to, at least, a Marks and Spencer sausage roll.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

New song's boring. David's vocals are weirdly sinister as well. Louuuder than weeeerds.

echinopsis posted:

thanks for the UK references that I don't understand at all

Oh, sorry, "mate"! I guess that was "bloody" annoying for you to read on the internet! I must have been completely "bladdered" when I wrote it! You'd be right to give me a good "bollocking" for it!

Jesus Christ, ignore it or use Google, you tosser. :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

echinopsis posted:

I admit it's hard to pin down in a way, it would be amazing on psychedelics. it just doesn't remind me of the division bell apart from a few specific moments where it sounds exactly like it

Apart from reuising a few sound effects (like Hawking), what moments sound exactly like DB to you?

A lot of the album sounds like Shine On, then the rest of it sounds like Gilmour to me.

• Locked thread