Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I tried it out because I get pretty hard for Fall of Cybertron's multiplayer and this game doesn't really do it for me, outside of the bugs and stuttery nature of the game, everything feels a ton slower and all of the weapons are peashooters. It takes forever to kill somebody. I get that they want people to last longer so they don't go through their Transformer reserves so quick (when you die that Transformer you used is in "repair mode," effectively a cool-down so you're forced to use another one) but that mechanic in itself it really stupid. Lower the cool-down on the repair mode, up the damage on the weapons and don't make everything slow.

There's also no dash is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Maybe it's because I just want this game to be Fall of Cybertron but not dead and filled with cheaters, but the fast-paced nature of it was what made it so good, you died fast but respawned fast and got right back into the action. I think they're trying to fall into the MMO/MOBA archetypes where Medics only plink away at health and the other classes are what do the damage, which really sucks. I enjoy being support and getting kills. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WarLocke posted:

I just did an Elimination match where my (Autobot) team went 20/0 as a pair of Triages and Overclocks. I even got 4 kill shots with my dinky dual pistols. The secret is to 1) stick together because teamwork is OP, 2) understand what weapons do what damage and switch appropriately and 3) actually use your non-weapon abilities.

The abilities (on 4, 5, 6) are huge game changers. These range from generic damage output buffs or shields to thing like redirecting damage back to attackers or souping up healing done while it's on. This is where the characters are really distinguished.

Also take advantage of weapon alt-fires. For Overclock and Drive-By's rockets it's a relatively simple DoT application, but for Triage/Hotwire's pistols it's pure knockback and Monsoon/Rampart's grenade launcher alt-fire immobilizes. AFAICT every weapon has a MMB alt-fire that has some (usually non-damage) application and pubbies almost never seem to use them.

So basically, this game isn't in Fall of Cybertron. Which is my beef with it; it's just too god drat slow and you have to rely on others to get kills depending on your class which is really lame design.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, it's still in beta though, so make sure you include that feedback in the post-play survey and there's a good chance they'll change things up a bit. That's basically what I hear most people saying about the game so they've got to be hearing that from the players.

But I don't know this company well so who knows if they'll actually listen or not to people.

I did the survey but I hold no hope for this game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kelp Plankton posted:

Game's updated and removed the death cooldown mechanic from characters, so there's no 'repair' currency or waiting to play as whoever you want to play anymore. A pretty good change.

They've also added a few characters since anyone last posted in the thread. I don't know if there's much interest in playing the game right now but that seemed like a significant enough change to be worth letting people know about.

I guess I'll give it another... Whirl. :rimshot:

• Locked thread