Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Why am I not surprised Kelp made the OP? :v:

Yeah, we were all having quite a bit of fun with this yesterday. That said, it's a loving mess. You'll crash, you'll hard lock, and you'll sit in queues that seem to never end. Is it worth it? Eh, kind of. I absolutely adored the Cybertron games, and like Plankton said, it scratches that same itch.

Some things I've learned that might help you all get more out of your time with the game:

I played some on the Autobot side today, and I seemed to find games significantly faster than I did as a Decepticon. I have a feeling that percentage in the hub is the populations of either side.

The game only told me this when I loaded in today, so in case you all haven't seen this message yet, you can hold ctrl to use your mouse while in-game. The queue button is the first one on the bottom right corner.

Finally, I discovered how to get past the infuriating bug where you'll get into a PvP match, only to be stuck at the "Waiting for players" screen, despite seeing others clearly in play. If you click the ready button, you'll never spawn. What you have to do is click the up/down arrows button on your character portrait, and pick another character. When you get back to the previous screen, don't hit ready. Just let the auto-ready timer get to 0. So far, this has consistently gotten me into the action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Sire Oblivion posted:

I tried it out because I get pretty hard for Fall of Cybertron's multiplayer and this game doesn't really do it for me, outside of the bugs and stuttery nature of the game, everything feels a ton slower and all of the weapons are peashooters. It takes forever to kill somebody. I get that they want people to last longer so they don't go through their Transformer reserves so quick (when you die that Transformer you used is in "repair mode," effectively a cool-down so you're forced to use another one) but that mechanic in itself it really stupid. Lower the cool-down on the repair mode, up the damage on the weapons and don't make everything slow.

There's also no dash is there?

Not to my knowledge. They've got a pretty extensive feedback survey, and for whatever it's worth, everything you said here is pretty much what I said when I filled it out.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Everything WarLocke said is incredibly useful and good and I want you to read it again.

WarLocke posted:

I just did an Elimination match where my (Autobot) team went 20/0 as a pair of Triages and Overclocks. I even got 4 kill shots with my dinky dual pistols. The secret is to 1) stick together because teamwork is OP, 2) understand what weapons do what damage and switch appropriately and 3) actually use your non-weapon abilities.

The abilities (on 4, 5, 6) are huge game changers. These range from generic damage output buffs or shields to thing like redirecting damage back to attackers or souping up healing done while it's on. This is where the characters are really distinguished.

Also take advantage of weapon alt-fires. For Overclock and Drive-By's rockets it's a relatively simple DoT application, but for Triage/Hotwire's pistols it's pure knockback and Monsoon/Rampart's grenade launcher alt-fire immobilizes. AFAICT every weapon has a MMB alt-fire that has some (usually non-damage) application and pubbies almost never seem to use them.

The downside to this is it means the game isn't Fall of Cybertron Redux, but actually a new title. The upside is, said new title still seems pretty cool.

• Locked thread