Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Sire Oblivion posted:

Maybe it's because I just want this game to be Fall of Cybertron but not dead and filled with cheaters, but the fast-paced nature of it was what made it so good, you died fast but respawned fast and got right back into the action. I think they're trying to fall into the MMO/MOBA archetypes where Medics only plink away at health and the other classes are what do the damage, which really sucks. I enjoy being support and getting kills. :smith:

I just did an Elimination match where my (Autobot) team went 20/0 as a pair of Triages and Overclocks. I even got 4 kill shots with my dinky dual pistols. The secret is to 1) stick together because teamwork is OP, 2) understand what weapons do what damage and switch appropriately and 3) actually use your non-weapon abilities.

The abilities (on 4, 5, 6) are huge game changers. These range from generic damage output buffs or shields to thing like redirecting damage back to attackers or souping up healing done while it's on. This is where the characters are really distinguished.

Also take advantage of weapon alt-fires. For Overclock and Drive-By's rockets it's a relatively simple DoT application, but for Triage/Hotwire's pistols it's pure knockback and Monsoon/Rampart's grenade launcher alt-fire immobilizes. AFAICT every weapon has a MMB alt-fire that has some (usually non-damage) application and pubbies almost never seem to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JetGrind posted:

So I decided to give this game a shot and tried it out because it's open and the OP recommended it pretty highly. Except by "tried", I mean I sat on a loading screen for 5 minutes, got to around 46% loaded, and then just alt-tabbed and closed the game. It's not like my computer is slow or anything though, because I went to a different game right after and that loads really quickly. Is there something up with my game, or is long rear end loading just a thing?

When you 'install' the game you are just installing the core stuff and UI and junk; the first time you load it up it has to download all the graphics and mesh/level data for the home hub area and tutorial and all that (and the first time you go to the overworld or each PvP map you'll have a long download as it grabs them too). It's a dumb implementation of the 'play while everything streams to you!!! :haw:" design but that's how the game currently works.

• Locked thread