Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should have put Season 2 of Hannibal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
We deliberately left Hannibal out. Felt like it crossed a line.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad I wasn't here to help with this. drat my being away (but still voting in internet television awards at 1 in the morning because gently caress yeah) !!!!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Another reminder to vote for Twilight Zone. It's the best choice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you really love Occ you'll make him watch Charmed.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Voted :cool:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rarity posted:

If you really love Occ you'll make him watch Charmed.

This is the meanest thing I have ever read.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

This is the meanest thing I have ever read.

At least I didn't say the Killing

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Occ should watch Dog with a Blog.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wait

What

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

You should probably get started on that ballot

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I was on the committee that chose the options. Enjoy! :getin:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nothing stops this train.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh

gently caress you all

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also you know that I have a job and some semblance of a life right? I seriously do not know (actually I do know, it's going to be backburnered for a couple of months at the very least) if I'll ever be able to do this mod challenge considering the one I'm currently doing and the one i will be doing in, at most, two months

That being said:

1) I've already seen the first three seasons of Heroes

2) I'm not gonna review a variety show because gently caress that, reviewing a variety show is difficult to almost impossible because it's grading individual sketches with no sense of a throughline or deeper critical analysis so i will reject mind of mencia out of hand

3) please don't give me a show that's boringly bad, at least make it interestingly bad so I have something to work with when reviewing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Also you know that I have a job and some semblance of a life right? I seriously do not know (actually I do know, it's going to be backburnered for a couple of months at the very least) if I'll ever be able to do this mod challenge considering the one I'm currently doing and the one i will be doing in, at most, two months

That being said:

1) I've already seen the first three seasons of Heroes

2) I'm not gonna review a variety show because gently caress that, reviewing a variety show is difficult to almost impossible because it's grading individual sketches with no sense of a throughline or deeper critical analysis so i will reject mind of mencia out of hand

3) please don't give me a show that's boringly bad, at least make it interestingly bad so I have something to work with when reviewing

Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who DOCTOR WHO DOCTOR WHO DOCTOR WHO

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation posted:

Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who Doctor Who DOCTOR WHO DOCTOR WHO DOCTOR WHO

Fine, force him to do it too then

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Fine, force him to do it too then

I AM OKAY WITH THAT

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation posted:

I AM OKAY WITH THAT

Just to be clear, what this means is if, in the event that doctor who wins, oxxidation has to review every episode of doctor who in the review thread as frequently as I do

:toxx:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Just to be clear, what this means is if, in the event that doctor who wins, oxxidation has to review every episode of doctor who in the review thread as frequently as I do

:toxx:

On the stipulation that it's nuWho only, the old serials are inane and desperately boring.

And if this comes to pass, you will break long before I do.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think, to make it more interesting for both of you, you could review em in the cross-talk type format.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You realize that now everyone who hasn't voted will just do Doctor Who, right?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

This was the most brilliant plan ever, I am the Napoleon of posts

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oxxidation posted:

On the stipulation that it's nuWho only, the old serials are inane and desperately boring.

How are you able to tell

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I think it was nu-Who. The older stuff is just too much.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Yeah it's nu-Who. If you guys want to experience old Who you can go walk around a quarry for a while in your free time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whereas you can simulate the early seasons of NuWho by doing the same thing but in Wales.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hey Occ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHVW-S9JkKA

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Man having Breaking Bad and True Detective competing in a lot of categories made for some really tough calls.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
As far as I'm concerned, last year was Breaking Bad's farewell tour. This year its time to celebrate the new.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

As far as I'm concerned, last year was Breaking Bad's farewell tour. This year its time to celebrate the new.

Except for individual episode. Ozymandias deserves that.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

MrAristocrates posted:

On one hand, I'm terribly sad I missed the thread before voting because I'd have voted nu-who in a heartbeat , on the other hand, I voted for Smallville because it's a hilarious amount of TV.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

On one hand, I'm terribly sad I missed the thread before voting because I'd have voted nu-who in a heartbeat , on the other hand, I voted for Smallville because it's a hilarious amount of TV.

This was my thinking as well. If you're going to punish someone, you should Punish Them.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Well, I basically voted straight ballot for Hannibal and Veep wherever I could, everything else was much harder a decision to make. :v:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Glad to see maxing out my points for Anna Gunn may have paid off to get her to this round. I doubt she'll win but...

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

tadashi posted:

Glad to see maxing out my points for Anna Gunn may have paid off to get her to this round. I doubt she'll win but...
It's okay, the entire greater internet will probably irrationally hate her forever because she was Skylar White.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
See, now that I read the thread, I really wish I'd done a write in vote for Zero Hour.

For real, Occ, you should watch Zero Hour. It's aggressively bad.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
And that is time on the TV IV Awards.

I'm NOT going to be able to update the OP for a couple of days (at least) due to some obnoxious computer issues (nothing serious, just some trouble maintaining a connection to the Internet). I was, however, able to pull a PDF report of the results, and I will hopefully be sharing that with you...

...shortly. For now, I'm going to give IRC first crack at the results. So if you're available, hop over to #satviv on irc.synirc.net within the next 15 minutes. It's really not going to be a big production, especially since there's not a whole lot of surprises this year. You're only going to be missing the opportunity to know first, and a whole lot of real-time whining.

If I don't see you in IRC you'll be hearing from me again shortly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dammit I'm at work :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Bown posted:

Dammit I'm at work :(

I wonder Who could have possibly won the Occ contest.

• Locked thread