Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dredd was seriously good, if just for the fact that they respected the comic as much as they did. It's everything the Stallone version wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
I've said it many a time, but if you dudes liked Dredd you gotta check out The Raid and The Raid 2. The Raid 2 is easily the most violent movie I've seen in a long time.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Raid 2 runs a little long and feels loose compared to the first, but who fuckin' cares when the stunts are that god damned ridiculous.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Dredd was seriously good, if just for the fact that they respected the comic as much as they did. It's everything the Stallone version wasn't.

I like the Stallone version for the camp. It's fun to watch once in a while, like Demolition Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Demolition Man is worth watching though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dredd owns. Great movie.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

iKon posted:

Raid 2 runs a little long and feels loose compared to the first, but who fuckin' cares when the stunts are that god damned ridiculous.

The final fight in Raid 2 is somehow even more loving brutal than the first one and that car chase is absolutely loving insane

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like the Stallone version for the camp. It's fun to watch once in a while, like Demolition Man.

this guy gets it

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueYUwcZV-n0

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

iKon posted:

Raid 2 was pretty goddamn disappointing if you ask me. I mean drat, within the first 10 minutes they pulled all the stops to push the reset button on the plot that Raid 1 set up, which could have been some actually decent brother-against-brother kung fu The Departed 2: Thailand Boogaloo action BUT NO instead we get some comically evil moustache-twirlers with henchmen who drop like flies compared to Raid 1, where they actually gave the good guys a run for their money. We had moments of tension between gun battles/machete fights in Raid 1 when the SWAT team members were fugitives in the building they were supposed to be raiding, but Raid 2 is just action scene after disconnected action scene, none of which approaches the simple inhuman brutality and flawless choreography of the hallway machete fight in 1. The Raid 2's action is decent-to-good, but the only thing it took from The Raid 1 is the name.

e: gently caress, mad about movies

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 29, 2014

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dredd owns. Great movie.

No poo poo, I just finished watching it, and it's basically The Raid with less kung-fu and more explosions. Well worth a watch.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the fact that almost human got canceled but under the dome got a second season shows that there is no justice in the world

yes i know they're on different networks, gently caress you

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Vasudus posted:

the fact that almost human got canceled but under the dome got a second season shows that there is no justice in the world

the trick to watching sci-fi(or any new show that isn't singing/dancing competitions) on fox is to not watch at all because they'll just cancel it after a season or two anyway.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

chemosh6969 posted:

the trick to watching sci-fi(or any new show that isn't singing/dancing competitions) on fox is to not watch at all because they'll just cancel it after a season or two anyway.

fringe made it like 5 seasons

terra nova was horrid and incredibly expensive, you could tell that on the third episode or so when they dialed back the special effects full tilt that it wasn't gonna make it

almost human was dredd-lite meets fringe and it was good, goddamnit

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Space Above and Beyond. 10 year old me is still pissed about that :argh:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bolow posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Raid 2 really should have been the same thing but not make it Rama. I mean they had the same Beast dude come in for a different role, why not the main dude? His story with his brother was complete and The Malaysian Departed is something different. But good god were those fight scenes in 2 something brutal. Fantastic choreography

Block off enough time if you're gonna watch it. It is loving long.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vasudus posted:

almost human owned

fox sucks a big long black cock

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bolow posted:

loving this. And Earth 2 which I think came on right after it. Two great shows and now all there is on TV is duck hunting rednecks I don't care about as they ride trucks over ice then sing and dance to 'stars' I care even less about.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Anyone have any experience with ditching cable and going streaming only? I got pissed at Time Warner today and cancelled my cable, and now I'm seeing what my options are for tv. I have a chromecast and an xbox for now, but I've heard good things about the Roku too. And the HD over the airways antennas sounds pretty cool too.

loving $200 a month for cable and internet? gently caress you TWC, I'm out.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i dont watch tv really so i just got cable internet and amazon prime and it works for me :shrug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I just pay 7 bucks a month for VPN and torrent everything

And netflix

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I guess I'm only concerned about football come fall. Normally I'd want to watch MLB playoffs too, but lol Red Sox this season. And I have MLB.tv

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pkells posted:

I guess I'm only concerned about football come fall. Normally I'd want to watch MLB playoffs too, but lol Red Sox this season. And I have MLB.tv

Thats when you go to a bar with tvs.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
earth 2 was not a good show

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

earth 2 was not a good show

You dirty mother fucker. Next you'll say something negative about SeaQuest.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Carteret posted:

You dirty mother fucker. Next you'll say something negative about SeaQuest.

seaquest DSV was extremely tight

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

seaquest DSV was extremely tight

Alright. We're cool again.

For now.:colbert:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Seaquest dsv was a rip off of deep space nine

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

pkells posted:

Anyone have any experience with ditching cable and going streaming only? I got pissed at Time Warner today and cancelled my cable, and now I'm seeing what my options are for tv. I have a chromecast and an xbox for now, but I've heard good things about the Roku too. And the HD over the airways antennas sounds pretty cool too.

I did it a year ago when I was at Fry's and saw an HD antenna I could stick on my window for $15. I figured that if it worked fine, I'd drop cable. I have to adjust it now and then but it works good for me. I installed plex on my PC, installed a bunch of the channels(the unsupported app store, ss plex, etc). There's also a plex channel for http://www.letmewatchthis.ae/, and all their other related sites. We also do Hulu Plus. Kids all know how to find what they want to watch. Last time I was at a hotel, I hooked my laptop up to the TV that night and just streamed stuff of my PC through the plex website.

It was well worth dropping cable. I'm also getting a few good channels from OTA that you don't get through the regular cable lineup.

For sports, if you do a search, you'll find a bunch of sites that stream it and you can push that out to your chromecast.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Seaquest dsv was a rip off of deep space nine

ok aatrek

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Cancelled cable, upgraded to 45 mbps internet and save 110 dollars a month. Stick with netflix, amazon prime, and friends (watching poo poo at bars or at friends houses) and everything is cool.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Just pirate everything.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

gleep gloop posted:

Just pirate everything.

Yup.

I'm downgrading from 30mbps to 15mbps, anybody else at 15? Just want Netflix/youtube/etc to play smoothly. Not too concerned about torrenting speed.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

60mbit, internet only for $30 :smug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Yup.

I'm downgrading from 30mbps to 15mbps, anybody else at 15? Just want Netflix/youtube/etc to play smoothly. Not too concerned about torrenting speed.

I'm at 21, works ok for me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

pkells posted:

Yup. Roku is great, but I don't think I'd bother if you've got a console that'll link up to the big streaming apps. Unless there's a specific roku channel you want. I've got OTA HD, a 360, and Roku. I'd at least give it a shot. Worst case, you decide you want tv again and since you're a new customer you get a better deal.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

The Following got a second season. :argh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anansi is Shim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i dont watch tv really so i just got cable internet and amazon prime and it works for me :shrug:

• Locked thread