Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Kick Off : What's the point of even writing it down, we're all watching it at different times anyway. It's the same time as the latest kick-offs of the previous rounds were (excluding Japan v Ivory Coast, smart arses,) adjust accordingly.

In the quarter final against Columbia, the Atomic Drop was in fact proven the most deadly of all maneuvers in all professional sports:

In the wake of Neymar getting his spine busted wide open, Brazil has sunk into a terrible depression. Now, all hope relies on Fred:

Also not helping matters is the fact that Thiago Silva decided to get himself booked in the stupidest manner possible, meaning Brazil's defence now relies on three clowns who can score 40 yard wonder goals but balk at the idea of cohesive positioning.

Meanwhile in Germany, manager Jogi Low has been having a whine about South Americans kicking all the time. Is this some cunning reverse psychology? Has he been teaching Boateng and Mertesacker the dreaded 3D???

A thing of note, further trolling of Brazil is possible today: if Miroslav Klose scores, he passes Original Ronaldo (Brazilian) and becomes the all time leading scorer at the world cup.

Ronaldo's predicted reaction:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I for one look forward to both these teams losing and Argentina v. Netherlands named the real final op.

Really though Germany is going to win.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

It's going to be Krauts-Argies in the final because football is dead.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
tasty game imo, cant wait

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
one of my mates in brazil reckons he gets a ticket to the final if germany win today.

crazy bastard wants brazil to win so he can enjoy the party though!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo im not the only person who thinks ronaldo is slowly morphing into craig charles

im going with germany, big hitler knew

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chris de Sperg posted:

It's going to be Krauts-Argies in the final because football is dead.

Hitler is cheering from beyond the grave

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Good bye Neymar, thanks for the memories.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Is Adolf a popular name in Germany nowadays?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
nice thread tag you oval office

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I don't think it's going to be a good game. Brazil are going to be pretty toothless and kick the poo poo out of Germany wherever possible.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Weaponized Cum posted:

nice thread tag you oval office

why dont you fix it, mod

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:siren:SEMIFINAL REFCHAT:siren:

Brazil - Germany

Ref: Marco RODRIGUEZ (MEX)
AR1: Marvin TORRENTERA (MEX)
AR2: Marcos QUINTERO (MEX)
4th: Mark GEIGER (USA)
RAR: Mark HURD (USA)

Marco Rodriguez is known for two things

1) He has the nickname Chiquidracula for his likeness to an actor who played a character of the same name

2) He did this double yellow and got suspeneded for five matches

Well, if I were to make a #3 (and honestly this should probably be the #2), it is he will give a red card without hesitating. Thats probably why he ended up on this semifinal match. This tournament has seen a lot of "orange" tackles go yellow instead, but Rodriguez has no qualms about sending people off. In 81 international matches (so FIFA or other confederation competitions), he averages .37 penalties, 4.40 yellow cards, and .64 red cards. I know those stats don't really mean anything, especially since you can have crazy matches where you have to send multiple people (for instance, a U17 world cup match that finished 9 on 9), but a red basically every other match for 81 matches is a pretty strong bet. Especially with as fouly as Brazil has been.

World Cup history
England 1 Paraguy 0 Group Stage 3 yellows
Cote d'Ivoire 3 Serbia and Montenegro 2 Group Stage 9 yellows 2 reds 2 penalties

Germany 4 Australia 0 Group Stage 5 yelllows 1 red
Chile 1 Spain 2 Group Stage 4 yellows 1 red

Belgium 2 Algeria 1 Group Stage 2 yellows 1 penalty
Italy 0 Uruguay 1 Group Stage 4 yellows 1 red

When he isn't sending people off, Marco is a priest, apparently.

I feel back for Marvin Torrentera. He doesn't get to be part of the Marco (or language derivative) crew. MLS referee Mark Geiger gets a 4th official on one of the last four matches, so congrats to him. While I'm sure he wanted a whistle here, it's still a big honor to be selected in that role.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

CHIQUIDRACULA

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

it will be an inferno tonight even if Dante is playing at his peak op

anyway, I will be watching this at the local FIFA fanzone and hope to be able to dance and celebrate with some of you later in the streets of UEFA

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Come on Germany, gib mir die Traumfinale

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I will be cheering for Germany because I know a bunch of brazilians and they've been real annoying on Facebook for the entirety of the world cup so I hope a loss will shut them all up.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

My balls would like Brazil to win

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Brazil will be lining up with Fat Ronaldo up top and Ronaldinho making a cheeky substitute appearance to set him up for the winning goal

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I'd rather Brazil win because they're both boring to watch going forward but Brazil will make a more interesting final

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A copa vem pra casa.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I want Brazil to win so they can lose the final on a bad officiating decision ftw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

I want Brazil to win so they can lose the final on a bad officiating decision ftw

there is no chance that would ever happen

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bogan Krkic posted:

This but the Netherlands.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol if you don't think Brazil are going to win due to dodgy officiating.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Der Fix ist in

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A Brazil-Argentina final would be proper tasty imo, especially if Argentina win and the fans burn down the Maracana.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I feel weird wanting the Germans to win, but there is nothing even vaguely likeable about this Brazil team.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Brazil performed the most fouls during this tournament, but also suffered the worst foul-related injury. I wonder if that's going to have any bearing on their defense or if they're gonna stick to tactical fouls all day e'ry day. Hell, with their important players out, who cares if some nobody gets suspended too :v:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

peanut- posted:

I feel weird wanting the Germans to win, but there is nothing even vaguely likeable about this Brazil team.

hulk's rear end

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
I hope Germany wins because Uefa Supremacy. :getin:

Also Brazil is only here due to questionable decisions by the referees so gently caress that.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The german team should play in flak jackets, i am sure brazil will try and cut bitches

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

vyelkin posted:

A Brazil-Argentina final would be proper tasty imo, especially if Argentina win and the fans burn down the Maracana.
The Great Maracanazo Fire.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I think Brazil will win and all the CONMEBOL SUPREMACY trolls will come out and yell at uefa posters smh

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

i'm trans-conmebol

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Duncan Sperguson posted:

i'm trans-conmebol

luiz gustavo???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

tetsman posted:

I think Brazil will win and all the CONMEBOL SUPREMACY trolls will come out and yell at uefa posters smh

That's why I'm rooting for Germany despite the fact that nazis killed my grandfather and I get daily PMs about it

• Locked thread