Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I can't understand, is this Neymar's reaction to his injury or the Germany match?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Juanito posted:

I can't understand, is this Neymar's reaction to his injury or the Germany match?

The mother is explaining that Neymar had to be taken to the hospital.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

El Hefe posted:

The mother is explaining that Neymar had to be taken to the hospital.

I think you missed the joke my Venezuelan friend.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Looks like I did.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

When Germany got their asses handed to them by LATVIA in that forgotten eurocup, they decided to do the smart thing and "let's take a step back shall we?" and rebuild the entire structure of their football.

When Brazil lost 2-1 in 1950, it led to a period of consolidation and growth which resulted in the 1958 title.

Now, if the WORST BRAZILIAN DEFEAT EVER isn't reason enough to bring down the loving shitstain that is nowadays CBF, arrest its president (well known collaborator of the dictatorship government) and not let Felipćo and Parreira ever again have any involvement with Brazilian football, it's over. The denial over our poo poo tactics, poo poo management and poo poo everything was monstruous and completely impressive - only because we were at home and carrying through by sheer support of the footballing gods of South America we managed to get to the semis.

Congratulations to Germany, played some really drat good football that annihilated us completely.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Transmetropolitan posted:

When Germany got their asses handed to them by LATVIA in that forgotten eurocup, they decided to do the smart thing and "let's take a step back shall we?" and rebuild the entire structure of their football.

When Brazil lost 2-1 in 1950, it led to a period of consolidation and growth which resulted in the 1958 title.

Now, if the WORST BRAZILIAN DEFEAT EVER isn't reason enough to bring down the loving shitstain that is nowadays CBF, arrest its president (well known collaborator of the dictatorship government) and not let Felipćo and Parreira ever again have any involvement with Brazilian football, it's over. The denial over our poo poo tactics, poo poo management and poo poo everything was monstruous and completely impressive - only because we were at home and carrying through by sheer support of the footballing gods of South America we managed to get to the semis.

Congratulations to Germany, played some really drat good football that annihilated us completely.

Yeah this for sure, the CBF is probably more corrupt than even the African FA's.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

I need James and Muller to play on the same team :vince:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Transmetropolitan posted:

This is a really good article on how Germany did it btw:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/sports/soccer/as-europe-struggles-germany-invests-heavily-in-soccer.html?pagewanted=all

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Enigma89 posted:

I have been a bit insulated from the World Cup fervor because I am back in the US and was watching the game while working but after spending the rest of the day looking at reaction videos it's such a beautiful thing.

What a great game, Germany just loving destroyed an entire nation on a pitch and it was so clear cut. I really wish I was back in Berlin for the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62SEk8eSpl0

19:30 - 31:18 - 33:07 - 34:19 - 37:58 - 1:33:48 - 1:43:38

Are the goals

chaoslord posted:

I just set the video to 30:00 and let it run through goals 2-5 and that is one of the best videos I've watched. I loved how they barely had time to comprehend being 3-0 and calm down from that before it was 4-0.

Today owned. Just cancel the rest of the world cup and the sport in general, nothing will ever be this good again.
I did this as well. Watching from 30 to 40 was a thing of beauty.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Ka0 posted:

*Feels bad for brazilian fans
*Looks at the 5 stars ontop of their crest

Ah gently caress them.

Is there any significance to the five stars?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ChaosSamusX posted:

Is there any significance to the five stars?

That's how many world cups that they've won. The only stars (I think) that don't signify that on a country's crest are two of Uruguay's, which represent olympic victories before the world cup was a thing.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Frijolero posted:

Congratulations to Poland in their great, great victory against Brazil.

Poland didn't have anything to do with this.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

That's how many world cups that they've won. The only stars (I think) that don't signify that on a country's crest are two of Uruguay's, which represent olympic victories before the world cup was a thing.

Club but still funny

Earthy Ape Unit fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 9, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gigi Galli posted:

Goldmine this thread please for future generations.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

mackintosh posted:

Poland didn't have anything to do with this.
Miro was born in Opole, ergo he, unlike the myriad other players on national teams who have tenuous connections to their *~ patria ~*, invalidates the win of the DFB. :smugdog: :w00t: :hellyeah:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

rope kid posted:

Miro was born in Opole, ergo he, unlike the myriad other players on national teams who have tenuous connections to their *~ patria ~*, invalidates the win of the DFB. :smugdog: :w00t: :hellyeah:

Ah yes, the man with the Legia crest as his av is unaware of this.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

USA also have three stars (Youth, Amateur, Pro) and I could swear I saw one over the Ivory Coast this cup.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Man-well
Braz-ill

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 9, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

jeebus bob posted:

Man-well
Braz-ill

...que

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

FYI, post-mortem press meeting today just finished and tl;dr is:

"We had pretty good results, we were doing the right thing in our campaign, our preparation was solid, our training was sound, we have a great curriculum and it was just a failure that happens when things are going on the pitch".

Also, Parreira read a letter from a supporter was was the tackiest thing imaginable.

That's it, Brazil is finished.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
big Phil stubbornly trying to hide behind a color A4 print out of the teams previous results was pretty hilarious

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

rope kid posted:

:ughh:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
A4 sheets are killing football.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I don't watch football very often, but I'm glad I decided to watch this match.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

"Don't mention the war"

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Enigma89 posted:

"Don't mention the war"

Um its safe for you to mention the war, your side won

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
7/8 Never Forget

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

antidote posted:

USA also have three stars (Youth, Amateur, Pro) and I could swear I saw one over the Ivory Coast this cup.
I don't think FIFA or anyone regulates putting stars on the crest. Some countries also use stars differently in certain contexts. Cōte d'Ivoire's crest has one star for winning the Africa Cup of Nations but they dropped the star for their 2014 World Cup kit (their 2010 kit had it, I think).

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Yeah this, they were also pinning the blame of losing 7-1 on him too, bunch of idiots.

what a bunch of sadsack assholes. What's the striker got to do with conceding 7?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Suqit posted:

Um its safe for you to mention the war, your side won
How did they ever win?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I'm not sure if this is the case for Brazil, but I've found that the fans who care most about their national teams are the ones who know the least about the actual sport. They don't follow the matches on a regular basis or know the players outside of friendlies and international competitions, so they just blame whoever seems to be bad as opposed to really taking stock of why their sides fail.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Stroop There It Is posted:

How did they ever win?

Um the Americans won and he's American :confused:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Suqit posted:

Um the Americans won and he's American :confused:
Me too. I think your reasoning here may be fawlty.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

7/8 Never Forget

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

I'm not sure if this is the case for Brazil, but I've found that the fans who care most about their national teams are the ones who know the least about the actual sport. They don't follow the matches on a regular basis or know the players outside of friendlies and international competitions, so they just blame whoever seems to be bad as opposed to really taking stock of why their sides fail.

I would dare to say that is even worse because that, given that football is ingrained into our collective consciousness, *everybody* wants to have an opinion about it.

Then you hear some really dumb crap and they say "I don't have a team, I support the Seleēćo! :haw:"

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Fred made better defensive headers than any of the back 4 in that game, the nation should be praising him

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
That didn't take long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK-VO97ufog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Gigi Galli posted:

Germany also have 3 stars but they haven't won any.

• Locked thread