Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Rumours have it that Kramer plays instead of Khedira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Honj Steak posted:

Well, at least they have similar political views

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

The Finn posted:

Dude you're offending me with that resolution they look like they are in a Sega CD game come on

luiz is a playstation player afterall

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would like Germany to win and so that this World Cup can't be used as an opiate to the Brazilian masses and perhaps the proletariat will rise up and crush FIFA.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The ref is the same ref who missed Suarez's bite lol

loving FIFA

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Honj Steak posted:

Makes sense, he'll fit right in with the rest of the team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLPLsQbdt0 Smh...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

loving FIFA

He also gave Marchisio that absurd red, so I expect someone to get sent off here. Hopefully he takes it easy on unnecessary cards.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Makes sense, he'll fit right in with the rest of the team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLPLsQbdt0 Smh...

:thejoke:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Gigi Galli posted:

He also gave Marchisio that absurd red, so I expect someone to get sent off here. Hopefully he takes it easy on unnecessary cards.

How is this bent clown officiating one of the most important matches of the tournament?

Oh, it's FIFA, OK.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Brazil will be compromised with no Neymar and Silva, but this generation of Germans have been bottlers until now so it should be a good match anyway.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Only 4 more matches until the best World Cup is over.

On the flipside, it'll end with Germany winning it and thus football coming home.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

El Hefe posted:

loving FIFA

TBF there is no way he would have been able to see that. AR would have had the best look at it.

Gigi Galli posted:

Absurd is a bit of a stretch. You can say soft, maybe, but studs into leg near knee when ball is nowhere near it? That's orange for sure. But yeah with as many fouls as Brazil have committed this tournament a red today wouldn't surprise me.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

El Hefe posted:

loving FIFA

does the Brazilian team have any biters

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Teron D Amun posted:

does the Brazilian team have any biters

Only of pillows.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

straight reds are for violent conduct not having your foot above the ball

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

chaoslord posted:

TBF there is no way he would have been able to see that. AR would have had the best look at it.

Absurd is a bit of a stretch. You can say soft, maybe, but studs into leg near knee when ball is nowhere near it? That's orange for sure. But yeah with as many fouls as Brazil have committed this tournament a red today wouldn't surprise me.

Lol no that red was utterly retarded

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Marchisio's tackle was closer to a stamp and looked intentional.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

its time for some advanced referee statistics talk

Statistics for Referee Marcos Rodriguez:

81 international matches; 52 red cards (.64 / match) (highest of the 32 refs participating in this WC); 356 yellows (4.4 /match); 30 penalties (.37 /match) (third highest of any ref in this WC).

Comparisons with the average tournament statistics :

Red Cards:
Rodriguez issues red cards @ .64/ match ( 2 every 3 games) , whereas the average stat in this WC is .23 red cards/match ( not even 1 in every 4 match)

Yellow Cards :
Rodriguez flashes 4.4/match compared to the tournament average of 2.8/match .

Penalties :
Rodriguez awards .37 penalties/match compared to the tournament average of .22 penalties /match .

Consequences :
If Rodriguez follows his career statistics there is a 68% greater chance of a penalty being awarded , and a staggering 178% chance of a red card being issued as compared to tournament average.

All stats have been taken from Fifa.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like ChiquiDracula is a loving maverick who can't be bought. I expect him to treat both teams like poo poo.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i for one am hoping to hear this a lot today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5uMUUpFrII

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/24/claudio-marchisio-red-carded-for-nasty-challenge-against-uruguay/

For anyone who had amnesia and forgot what a red looks like

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
How close was the ref to the bite? I don't remember it being that obvious and the ball and much of the action was outside the box.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

this ref loving blows the devil's cock in hell, in my unbiased opinion

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Brony Car posted:

How close was the ref to the bite? I don't remember it being that obvious and the ball and much of the action was outside the box.

I don't agree with all of the analysis with respect to the positioning, but here is a good picture by picture look of the play developing

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/06/25/referees-analysis-luis-suarez-bite-uruguay-italy

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rooting for Brazil because the prospect of a Brazil/Argentina war over a soccer match is too good to not root for.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

lmfao at anyone who thinks that's not a red.

Even assuming the best of intentions on Marchisio's part, that's the risk you take when you try and shield the ball like that. If you have to lift your leg up like that to get in position, cut your losses and track back.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Brony Car posted:

The AR should have seen it.

Edit: Marchisios foul looks really terrible in hindsight, the referee had a direct angle on it and acted accordingly.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 8, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Healbot posted:

The AR should have seen it.

Edit: Marchisios foul looks really terrible in hindsight, the referee had a direct angle on it and acted accordingly.

To be fair, without instant replay your first reaction would be "Did I just see Suarez quickly bite someone or just expect it?"

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'm excited

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

El Hefe posted:

loving FIFA

Yes I'm sorry a competent official was unable to witness completely falsified English Media Narratives hours before they went to press. :rolleyes: Suarez Is Innocent

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I have a feeling that Brazil will win today

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Brazil to play with ten men as soon as the first whistle is blown

They will be shown a red during the handshakes

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the posted:

Brazil to play with ten men as soon as the first whistle is blown

Oh, so Fred is starting again

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh, so Fred is starting again

Fred is going to troll us all and score a hat trick today, removing his shirt and revealing a picture of Jozy Altidore's face next to a hamburger.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Like any poster of world cup mod status or near world cup mod status, I want the Deutschland to win. In effect I want the D.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

EvanTH posted:

Yes I'm sorry a competent official was unable to witness completely falsified English Media Narratives hours before they went to press. :rolleyes: Suarez Is Innocent

reads like a nigerian scam email

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
gently caress host countries, Deutschland ueber alles. I want molotovs flying in the streets of Brazil :unsmigghh:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There might be riots on the streets but the people going to the stadium are mostly upper middle class / rich Brazilians so don't expect anything like that there.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm glad Neymer got fucken owned the gay bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

I'm glad Neymer got fucken owned the gay bitch

Same

• Locked thread