Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Crosspeice posted:

Time to hide in the shadows again!

Boo bring back co-commentators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, whatever, maybe having someone twittering in my ear makes it better. :v:

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 4, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, looking at the "realistic cone of vision" you've got going, I could not imagine playing a pacifist run that way.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Glazius posted:

Man, looking at the "realistic cone of vision" you've got going, I could not imagine playing a pacifist run that way.

It is already pretty hard to go pacifist, having to put up with guys behind you you can't see is intolerable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I tried a pacifist run once.

After completing the first stage, I killed the first jerk I saw on stage two. :unsmigghh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I have done the entire game in Pacifism, but hoo boy there were a lot of times I wanted to kill or incapacitate someone. That's why I'm using the silence path, to stop that.

In any case, me and Deeds just need a good opportunity to record and we'll finish this lp up. Thanks for everyone's patience. :)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh hey, this thing. Yeah, a few reasons on why I stopped for a month, the big one being that my laptop is a piece of poo poo and if I tried to export a video, it was a dice roll whether it overheated and turned off. Now I have a fancy fan thing and things have been exporting swimmingly. So I will be finishing this lp (even though it's technically done, but whatever) and even start a new lp early next month.

So yeah, video.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 4, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
The carrots make you see better in the dark rumor is often attributed to the British Ministry of Information during WW2.
The brits were had just figured out radar and had been successfully using it to get there fighters up in the air and help minimize the how many bombers from the German night raids got through. So, when a reporters asked how they were doing so well they said "the reason for their success was because their pilots ate an excess of carrots."
And from there the carrots just got ingrained as a super eyesight food.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aw yeah, love trivia like that, I've known about the carrot myth for years and years.

Oh hey, videos.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 4, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Closer and closer.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 4, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, this vision mode is blocking out like 95% of the screen at times. I can barely pick out where you are.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm usually the edge of the visible circle, or maybe I'm just uploading the low res versions to save time.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 4, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm still watching the videos, but there's not a whole heck of a lot to comment on any more that you two aren't covering already. Still, I appreciate you making them! Thanks. :shobon:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's mainly so people can look at the commentary and see the pacifist way. I knew not many would be watching, but it's still fun to do, so we'll keep doing them. I appreciate anyone taking their time to see a blurry game overlaid with two blabby british guys.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm enjoying the pacifism run. It seems like the sort of thing that should have unlocked a third ending between the two extremes, but that's just me.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Surprise! This video isn't a week after the last one.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 4, 2015

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Sumi means ink. You've probably heard of Sumi-e art before, that just mean "ink picture" and gets its different tones from varying the concentration of the ink.

Traditional Sumi-e painting of the native Japanese Xenomorph.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah yes, I knew Freiza and his forms came from traditional Japanese mythology, from moving picture painter Scott-san.

I like LP learning. :3:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

No silence, but no sword. Plenty of lovely AI though, like I'm playing Populous all over again.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 4, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
That does bug me in games when it claims that you did something that you had didn't even know existed yet.
The biggest offender of this that I can think of off the top of my head is spelunky where you can tick "friendlies" off by walking in at the start of the level.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I always enjoy entering the Ice Caves and everything exploding and I don't know why.

Had a couple of mic problems, but it's fixed for any future videos. Only one more to go, though, then the lp is done.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 4, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And there we go, Pacifism is done and the LP is over.

Thank you to everyone who's still here, although I'm definitely done with this game for a long rear end time, I have a fantastic time with it and will definitely be playing it in future.

Now get over HERE for a Grinchtastic holiday!

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 4, 2015

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Despite any lack of enthusiasm I had during the pacifism run, this game is still hecka rad and y'all should go buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You know, when you said there was a third way I figured you could just walk offscreen without making any kind of choice. Goes to show me, I guess.

• Locked thread