Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Srice posted:

just imagine the epic trolls you could do on the dangan ronpa tumblr nerds if it was moved here!!!

Please don't move any Dangan Ronpa threads here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Widestancer posted:

If the Star Citizen thread were moved would it lose its Admin protection? As is it seems to be a huge hug box with people who are able to have protections that the Xbox and Wii U mock threads do not have at all.

i wasnt aware that it had any admin protection. i misc out like 3 or 4 reports a day from that thread where someone complains that theyre being made fun of

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Hmm. There's a 209 page thread about Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The Star Citizen thread might be good too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The Dangan Ronpa series is a good murder mystery with some clever and other bullshit twists and I wholly recommend it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

i wasnt aware that it had any admin protection. i misc out like 3 or 4 reports a day from that thread where someone complains that theyre being made fun of

It does. Cowcaster was pretty cool about it but it's pretty funny that they apparently buy mods/admins red text AV's. One of their regulars maintains an offsite page where they arrange to buy red text av's for people who post stuff they don't like in that thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=54&perpage=40#post431196870

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Star Citizen sounds fun as well.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

yo zfp if you want to edit in a poll or whatever based on whatever suggestions go ahead theres no rush on this so this imp zone council of elders thread can take its time

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kewpuh posted:

yo zfp if you want to edit in a poll or whatever based on whatever suggestions go ahead theres no rush on this so this imp zone council of elders thread can take its time

I will try to find a list of candidates that would have even a little bit of comedy potential.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
in the mean time, might i recommend probating putty in perpetuity until the city of the eternals is complete

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I will try to find a list of candidates that would have even a little bit of comedy potential.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Wii U
Xbone
PS4
Dangit Ronpaul

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Wii U
Xbone
PS4
Dangit Ronpaul

Maybe on the first one, the rest would suck or there'd be no point.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm only quoting these guys to show off some of the people who are currently under admin/mod protection in the Star Citizen thread; I don't want to inadvertently derail this thread at all, just wanted to put a case forward for the SC thread having a little field trip.

lmbo this is the guy who maintains the off site page which gathers donations to buy mods/admins/posters red text:

BULBASAUR posted:

THE POSTING FEASIBILITY RATING SYSTEM (PFR)

How do you know when not to engage another poster in dialog? The answer to this question lies in the poster's poo poo posting ability, grammer, and ability to write cohesive sentences. Every poster has a baseline posting feasibility rating or PFR. This rating is based on a poster's level of aspergers, Autism Control Potential (or 'ACP'), and frequency of posting. The following is the partial table of SC thread posting base PFR:

code:
Poster: PFR Rating (ACP derivative), Partial List

Widestancer------- 1.957 (>24")
Zeike------------- 5.433 (18")
Goredema---------- 7.132 (15")
DatonKallandor---- 12 (11")
CLAM DOWN--------- 17.48 (10.5") 
Octopode---------- 23.7 (8")
Banano:----------- 33.3 (6.999")
Parias------------ 38.75 (6.25")
Cowcaster--------- 42.11 (6")
Leo Showers------- 48.453 (5.8")
Ice Fist---------- 55.6 (5.67")
Filthy Monkey----- 60 (5")
Beer4TheBeerGod--- 70.12 (<5")
Stalkerr---------- 73 (<5")
So, as we can see from this partial chart, Widestancer's PFR is high enough to support an ACP greater than 24"
Also this guy melts down pretty regularly there and spends a lot of money buying people AV's:

Octopode posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

No amount of your fake concern will change that, but it will continue to cause those people that want to legitimately discuss aspects of the game to go elsewhere to do so because they're sick of reading ridiculous "lololo Christ Roberts mor liek coke robots rite guise!?" posts from the gibbis crew and others like yourself who think you are the soul of wit.

The truth of the matter is that posters like you usually come into the thread, and start discussing your misunderstandings or outright fabrications about the state or plans for the game, without regard for people looking for actual information. Then you go one step further and mock people actually giving out correct information. Possibly because of some deeply ingrained need to be the center of attention, or something. So go ahead and try to convince yourself I'm just some autist ranting if that's what it takes to assuage your own insecurities, but stop making GBS threads up the thread to do it. There's a perfectly good gibbis thread for that already, and some people want to discuss the game--not your lovely Chris Roberts victims' advocate fan fiction.

lmbo

Cowcaster posted:

Widestancer please stop teasing the spaceship nerds until they cry they start weird red-title buying campaigns against me when I don't punish you.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Widestancer posted:

I'm only quoting these guys to show off some of the people who are currently under admin/mod protection in the Star Citizen thread; I don't want to inadvertently derail this thread at all, just wanted to put a case forward for the SC thread having a little field trip.

lmbo this is the guy who maintains the off site page which gathers donations to buy mods/admins/posters red text:

Also this guy melts down pretty regularly there and spends a lot of money buying people AV's:

jesus christ whats that first post

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

jesus christ whats that first post

Apparently making charts is a pretty sick own and a good way to show how other people are spergs

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
a guy numerically rated a bunch of posters based on how much he dislikes them, and then called them autistic

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wildcard: Space Station 13 thread

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Keep in mind that the people quoted except Cowcaster have spent thousands on this game so far.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Rent the Wii U Mock Thread.

that or Star Citizen, definitely

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Keep in mind that the people quoted except Cowcaster have spent thousands on this game so far.

it hasn't come out has it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

fronz posted:

it hasn't come out has it

not even close

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

wii u mock thread doesnt really get as many posts as it used to so i doubt anyone would notice. also it already gets freely trolled just like the xbone thread

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
lol OK I vote star citizen

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Star Citizen sounds like the most enjoyable option, then. I want to ask sincere questions about the spaceship game, from the safety of DDRD.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
yeah star citizen because people have spent literally thousands of dollars and formed goon-specific clans in that game, which doesn't yet exist

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

yeah star citizen because people have spent literally thousands of dollars and formed goon-specific clans in that game, which doesn't yet exist

also gotten kicked off the forum, apparently, for being too sjw?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

if it's moved here can we keep it for a couple of days.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Can we assign roles now and roleplay being crewmen on a starship in the star citizen thread? With an emphasis on safety, of course.

Dec 26, 2012

the idea of someone making a forums hit list to plan out tactical avatar purchases is just unbelievably hilarious

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Star Citizen is a good one because any tampering will cause many to meltdown.

Here is a screencap of the offsite forum that SA Forums Poster Bulbasaur maintains to buy people including mods and admins red text AV's

Notice the repeat focus of Cowcaster :eyepop:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Widestancer posted:

Here is a screencap of the offsite forum that SA Forums Poster Bulbasaur maintains to buy people including mods and admins red text AV's

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh so all the MWO tryhards now play StarCitizen.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i dont see how anyone could possibly hate cowcaster that much he rarely ever posts and doesnt do any moderation anymore since he has to deal with modqueue for all forums now

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I have come to a decision. Please move the Star Citizen thread to this forum. These are people who need to be brutally flamed, and relentlessly trolled.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I have come to a decision. Please move the Star Citizen thread to this forum. These are people who need to be brutally flamed, and relentlessly trolled.

New friends! :yayclod:

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

hahahaha gently caress this is definitely my vote, screw the wiiu thread

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
moof is a star citizen dev? huh.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
give us star citizen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If SC does happen can it be for like two or three days? It can take awhile for them to pick up on things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I was considering the Dragon Age thread and the Senran Kagura thread as well, but the Star Citizen thread is the clear choice.

• Locked thread