Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If SC does happen can it be for like two or three days? It can take awhile for them to pick up on things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I was considering the Dragon Age thread and the Senran Kagura thread as well, but the Star Citizen thread is the clear choice.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

If SC does happen can it be for like two or three days? It can take awhile for them to pick up on things.

Yeah make it like, 3 days or a week at most.

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

anyone still giving star citizen money might not be too quick on the uptake, yes

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
if it turns out funny and doesnt completely die off in like 2 hours or something then ill extend the rental

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
wow

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
lol that those are good insults, also what's a j4g

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

fronz posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2408

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

fronz posted:

J4G as evidenced by one of my old AV's with red text which was bought for me out of that thread (two of them actually; maybe a mod can pull them up or something Im not a wizard so I don't know their powers) is their insult for "Joined for Guild". It's for people who only joined to sign up with Goonrathi. They do not accept you unless you have posted in a way they like for at least 6 months.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Someone tell me some funny things about star citizen before the thread comes

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fronz posted:

all you have to say, over and over is this:

'it's never coming out and you've wasted literally thousands of dollars on a vaporware space video game'

Dec 26, 2012

fronz posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdDlkdUM2NEhudW42MkNfWDhJYmhFSVE#gid=0

the amount of goons who have spent 4+ figures on this game is greater than 0 and it isnt even close to out yet

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
bring star citizen here and permaprobate the scheming vizier with a goatee of lp who wants to kill chip cheezum and take his place as right hand man of khalifa slowbeef

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

fronz posted:

It's good to go over the OP in that thread as well as the Gibbus thread a bit about it. Triggers for autistic episodes include:

*Mentioning awesome games that had VERY short development cycles
*Mentioning awesome games made with much less than a 42+million dollar budget
*Asking about Hangar Towels and Stretch Goals
*Asking about membership into Goonrathi
*Talking about the importance of good project management (this thread is the first time I have ever heard the term "armchair project manager")
*Suggesting that backers of SC are caught in a Cycle of Abuse and posting images of the Cycle of Abuse posters common in domestic violence shelters

E: If you can handle sperginess you can ask about realistic physics and the dogfighting module as well as net code

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

*Suggesting that backers of SC are caught in a Cycle of Abuse and posting images of the Cycle of Abuse posters common in domestic violence shelters

hahahahaha i'm glad to see we have people who've done the homework

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

fronz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ArfJason posted:

bring star citizen here and permaprobate the scheming vizier with a goatee of lp who wants to kill chip cheezum and take his place as right hand man of khalifa slowbeef

Please do both of these.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hahahahaha i'm glad to see we have people who've done the homework

This was a good example

Widestancer posted:

This can be seen in the back and forth between CIG and the backers

:frogsiren: ALSO ITS HAPPENING THE THREAD IS BEING MOVED :frogsiren:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Rent the Wii U Mock Thread.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I vote for Star citizen of course.

It's such a hugbox people flip the gently caress out over cycle of abuse pictures.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If this goes well it should be a monthly thing or something with different threads

Give Imp Zone some good PR and remove the safe spaces in games temporarily

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
fly Imp Zone to the moon and let us play among the stars

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
gonna let it sit like it is for a little while so people dont think it just completely vanished for no reason

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We should lock and either goldmine or gas this thread so that they don't pick up on it too much maybe

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Widestancer posted:

We should lock and either goldmine or gas this thread so that they don't pick up on it too much maybe

Ive never heard of this game before. How do you spend money on a game that is not available to spend money on and does this work for other things besides bideo games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kazvall posted:

Oh so all the MWO tryhards now play StarCitizen.

nobody plays star citizen

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
here cum teh i*ps

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

nobody plays star citizen

Just like how nobody could derive any sort of meaningful thoughts out of Gone Home, noone could derive any fun out of Star Citizen. The bigger difference between the two is that Star Citizen doesn't pretend to care about social issues just to score brownie points, and tells you what it is about in short: space.

In this way, we can say Star Citizen, the game which scammed thousands of dollars is less deceitful than the farce that is Gone Home.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It was pretty funny when a goonette started a shitstorm on the SC official forums which led to people asking if there could be space rape and the SC devs never officially saying "no that is bad and you are a bad person".

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Widestancer posted:

It was pretty funny when a goonette started a shitstorm on the SC official forums which led to people asking if there could be space rape and the SC devs never officially saying "no that is bad and you are a bad person".

There won't be space anything.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

K. Flaps posted:

There won't be space anything.

There are currently Space Towels in Space Hangars and a dogfight module which doesn't even support 3v3

:smug:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

I don't know if it was the same person, but another goonette asked on the SC official forums for a Women Only Safe Space, that had pretty funny results.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i can't wait to discuss tachyon: the fringe

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

There are currently Space Towels in Space Hangars and a dogfight module which doesn't even support 3v3

I wonder if the dogfighting game thing is playable at all.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Widestancer posted:

what good are the towles if ic ant space shower

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I wonder if the dogfighting game thing is playable at all.

It is. However, the guns have auto tracking so it's not really dogfighting in the sense of the word. The controls are so lovely that CR just threw his hands up and said autolock weapons for everything.

This is a good decision which has worked out well for other franchises.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
so it's basically eve now?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
just play freelancer you stupid bitches

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

It is. However, the guns have auto tracking so it's not really dogfighting in the sense of the word. The controls are so lovely that CR just threw his hands up and said autolock weapons for everything.

This is a good decision which has worked out well for other franchises.

Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

kewpuh i humbly request that after the thread has been moved and the lulz are reaped, you post every single report from that timeframe

• Locked thread