Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

The Pharaohs don't exist anymore, therefore you can't believe in their religion. Wouldn't the Egyptian gods have intervened when the Christians took them over if they existed?

Let's test the existence of Yahweh with some good ol' genocide then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Smoking Crow posted:

The Pharaohs don't exist anymore, therefore you can't believe in their religion. Wouldn't the Egyptian gods have intervened when the Christians took them over if they existed?

The pharaohs are totally real, dude. They rule forever in the afterlife.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Let's test the existence of Yahweh with some good ol' genocide then!

Uh excuse me, when the Jews were in trouble He sent the Americans and the Russians to destroy the Nazis. It's like something straight out of the Old Testament.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 9, 2014

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

cock hero flux posted:

god's not real, lol

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

Uh excuse me, when the Jews were in trouble He sent the Americans and the Russians to destroy the Nazis. It's like something straight out of the Old Testament.

I was actually thinking more about Christians, but you're right, WWII proves that Yahweh is a drunk absentee father who never calls and is always behind on child support

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I was actually thinking more about Christians, but you're right, WWII proves that Yahweh is a drunk absentee father who never calls and is always behind on child support

The Romans tried to eliminate Christianity and failed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Do we get to kill bankers? Because I will certainly support this if so.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Crowsbeak posted:

Do we get to kill bankers? Because I will certainly support this if so.

You can't kill them but you can take all their money

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

The Romans tried to eliminate Christianity and failed.

Because Christianity infected them and spread like it was competing with syphilis.

What I'm saying is Romans didn't have any of the fun weapons banned by multiple international treaties.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Because Christianity infected them and spread like it was competing with syphilis.

What I'm saying is Romans didn't have any of the fun weapons banned by multiple international treaties.

You seem like you have a personal anger against Christianity. Have you considered making peace with the religion by taking a Catholic priest to Denny's?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Smoking Crow posted:

You can't kill them but you can take all their money

lol

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

You seem like you have a personal anger against Christianity. Have you considered making peace with the religion by taking a Catholic priest to Denny's?

Nah, nothing will ever beat getting high as gently caress with a pair of Jesuits and somehow ending up in a heated discussion about the nature of Thor and Tyr.

Coppers hate theology, see?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Vatican is posting the highest deficits it's seen in years so all that gold is legacy

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nah, nothing will ever beat getting high as gently caress with a pair of Jesuits and somehow ending up in a heated discussion about the nature of Thor and Tyr.

Coppers hate theology, see?

You're not Yes-anding

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Christianity holds the key to full communism.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Jesuits are smart but they're all dorks and also slimy motherfuckers. Every single Jesuit in the history of the Society would have been sorted into House Slytherin if they were Harry Potter wizards instead of priests. All of them.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

The Vatican is posting the highest deficits it's seen in years so all that gold is legacy

Also most of the precious poo poo the Vatican's sitting on can't or shouldn't be resold. It belongs in a museum.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
if the theocratic state was left wing christian and consequently stealth communist then sure, why not.

Hail to mirror-verse Miriam Godwinson.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Ogmius815 posted:

Jesuits are smart but they're all dorks and also slimy motherfuckers. Every single Jesuit in the history of the Society would have been sorted into House Slytherin if they were Harry Potter wizards instead of priests. All of them.

And now that they hold the Papacy, they'll finally reveal the One True God, our Lord and Savior Tzeentch!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

agree, OP, living in a dystopian police state plutocracy isn't so bad, after all, so a theocracy would probably be tolerable too!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

And now that they hold the Papacy, they'll finally reveal the One True God, our Lord and Savior Tzeentch!

You know every Christianity thread on these forums, unless it's protected, goes into WH40K references. I wonder why that is?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

You know every Christianity thread on these forums, unless it's protected, goes into WH40K references. I wonder why that is?

Christianity is fanfiction and WH40K does the source material better justice.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

What say you? Would you like to live in a theocracy?

No.

I do not wish to be forced to live or die on the whims of a group of people whom claim to hear voices and be told from an invisible man that we cannot see how good or sinful we are. At one point or another there always ends up being two people who are hearing voices from two different 'gods', and ultimately a holy war erupts as the two vie for control over a theocracy.

So no. I do not. I also suggest you get off whatever :catdrugs: you are on.

Smoking Crow posted:

Because WH40K is what a Theocracy's logical conclusion is. An emperor or leader who is considered holy, akin to a god, and who may or may not exist. Any disagreement with them (or the people 'giving his orders') means immediate ex-communication and if not immediately put to death, being 'unpersoned' to the point that you'll either be forced to do the worst of the worst jobs, or literally starve in the streets.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Smoking Crow posted:

Have you considered making peace with the religion by taking a Catholic priest to Denny's?
I tried that once but I think the priest got the wrong impression because afterward he tried to molest me in the parking lot.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Space marines are stupid, I prefer Warhammer: Trafalgar and stuff like that.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Well maybe they can stuff you in a golden chair after you die!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Negative Entropy posted:

I tried that once but I think the priest got the wrong impression because afterward he tried to molest me in the parking lot.

What a great joke. Good job, goon sir. All my fives.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Smoking Crow posted:

Space marines are stupid, I prefer Warhammer: Trafalgar and stuff like that.

I'd be down with WHF, but loving elves man

I hate elves so much

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
As a white, male, Christian with a lot of disposable income, I'm fine with this. And if it's not Christian, I'm not too attached. Thank god* nothing will change as long as I maintain my class.

*I'm willing to change this if needed.

Philosopher-kings 4 lyfe

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I hate elves so much

It's kind of dumb but I like that it's one of the few games that has a real Gothic (the architectural style not the subculture) feel to it.

Still, I like my little Napoleonic soldiers.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

and have non-believers pay a tax for not being a part of the main church.

And what happens if the people refuse to or can't pay the tax?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I hate elves so much

But you can kill tons and tons of elves in WHF.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

E-Tank posted:

It is heresy to speak of such things, brother.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

E-Tank posted:

They will be asked politely to leave. And it will be super awkward and they will be totally embarrassed.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

E-Tank posted:

The same thing that happens in every other country when you can't pay the tax, garnishment or in some cases, prosecution for tax evasion.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Who What Now posted:

But you can kill tons and tons of elves in WHF.

While the red onz still go fasta in WHF, they don't go as fast as in WH40k though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

N. Senada posted:

As a white, male, Christian with a lot of disposable income, I'm fine with this. And if it's not Christian, I'm not too attached. Thank god* nothing will change as long as I maintain my class.

*I'm willing to change this if needed.

Philosopher-kings 4 lyfe

Oh sure, everyone likes Philosopher-Kings now. But when the sun turns red, the land turns to ash and sand, and ravenous halfling cannibals are at your door you'll wish you had a Sorcerer-King!

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

E-Tank posted:

Well then they can do forced labor for the state. The state would provide them food, shelter, everything as long as worked in service of the state. If they refused that, well, indoctrination. To deny the grace of god is a privilege the state can revoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

The same thing that happens in every other country when you can't pay the tax, garnishment or in some cases, prosecution for tax evasion.
So you would put the poor in prison for not being able to pay the tax? Sounds pretty non-Christian.

• Locked thread