Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

You. Don't. Have. To. Agree. Because. Your. Opinion. Does. Not. Influence. What. Rights. People. Do. Or. Do. Not. Have.

I can't make this any clearer than right. Bodily autonomy is a human right, and that's a fact. Grass is green, the sky is blue, and people have bodily autonomy. You can argue these things, but that doesn't make them any less true.

Natural rights? What is this, Wigton where everybody wears a powdered wig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
At least there would be fewer abortions. And as a bonus, some of those women who do have abortions will die from bleeding out!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

buttcoin smuggler posted:

It's amusing that D&D is reduced to incoherent babbling when presented with the standard pro-life position.

"All this talk of women's health sure am some incoherent babbling." -anti-choice beasts and killers

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

How do you suggest removing the sperm? I'm not a doctor, but I'm under the impression that the testes continually produce more.

Reversible male birth control is, iirc, a really hard problem.

Manadatory vasectomy upon puberty. Some males will have complications that make reversal impossible, but vasectomy is a very safe procedure so this would definitely be the most ethical way to ensure that the zygote Shoah finally comes to an end.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Too much room for loving things up (complications from the vasectomy, the artificial insemination not taking, etc). Better do to things the way God intended.

Pregnancy complications are much more dangerous than vasectomy complications. Shave your taint, because this has already been decided.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I'm a standard moral realist. I don't subscribe to any particular ethical theory, but I recognize that moral questions have both utilitarian and deontological aspects and we need to address both.

Conception is the point at which a genetically distinct human organism is formed. It marks the beginning of the growth process that culminates in birth. Sperm and egg are awakened from their dormant states and fused together to create a new human. Hence, the beginning of life.

The position that "life begins at conception" provides a clear, simple, and logical answer to the question of when life begins. I don't have any killer argument that compels to you to agree with me, but it's ridiculous that you treat this position with such contempt.

Your purportedly unique and hard-come-by beliefs are irrelevant in the scheme of American discourse about women's health and women's rights.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I'm actually a big fan of filthy, whoring women.

A person with your positions doesn't get to make a joke like this.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My utopian theocracy doesn't include a joke police.

"M'lady, you mustn't kill your baby! You don't realize how precious the gift of life is. For real though, I love sluts."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Why is it immoral? That baby's literally coming right for you.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Sooo you're saying that women have to emulate Jesus by repeatedly sacrificing their bodies for the sins of their fetuses? Or what. I thought that whole "take my body" thing was supposed to be a one-time deal.

Why don't men have to engage in this particular form of self-sacrifice anyway?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
What's with this whole "Christian government" crap anyway? What would Jesus have to say about that? He'd be like "gently caress these mud kingdoms bro, get ready for the kingdom I've prepared for you."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Ahahaha of all of the reasons to hate gays, "If we don't hate gays hard enough, everyone will become gay and abjure children, and human civilization will end" has to be the dumbest. "Gross, butt sex" is a better reason than that, Christ.

Do you now see how it can be tough to get over the overt repression on display?

"Isn't everyone struggling with the overwhelming urge to make out with handsome dudes?"

No man. :( Please make out with handsome dudes and feel better about yourself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Repression, suppression. What I should've called it was "loving sad."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Smoking Crow posted:

Let's take a moment out of our discussion to agree on one thing. :allears: is the worst smilie on these forums and everyone would appreciate it if you didn't use it.

It is the personification of responses to your idiocy.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You get drunk? What happened to willfully controlling your behavior?

Do you think Jesus thinks it's better to get drunk than it is to let throbbing cocktips pierce your sphincter?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Anyone who trots out philosophical arguments and "agree to disagree" in the space of a single discussion is begging to be ignored.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm a dumbass, but go read what some other guy says. He kills it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

So the Divine God you don't think exists is going to guide the Church government and save us from capitalism and war this time for realsies...
:psyduck:

Yes because this world is saveable, that's what you can take from the New Testament.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The New Testament is a source of tremendous moral wisdom.

Your posting style is senile so I never know what you're driving at, but it's not like I disagree with you. There's no modern concept of human rights without the sermons of whoever is speaking in Q.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I'm glad we're on the same page on this issue.

However, just about everything tacked on in addition to Q was the ravings of a desert Steve Jobs and his apocalyptic cult. All the real heirs of the Master who understood the meaning of his teachings (like those who wrote Didache) got rubbed out before the Catholic Church came on the scene. The Church is the legacy of the cult, not of the Master, and has all the moral wisdom and coherency of the Nation of Gods and Earths.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Smoking Crow posted:

You literally just reply to me by unironically saying "I'll make the website"

"Healthcare.gov: The Website's Not Important" by Smoking Crow, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jesus is pretty much silent on the issue of violence, except it's pretty easy to see from his teachings that he was totally uninterested in it as a solution.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Peta posted:

I, too, have read The God Delusion and watched several Christopher Hitchens debates

Hi there coward, jump on in.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm imagining a wave of neoconservative 20-year-old post-2010 regdates about to lecture us smugly on the necessity of wars that took place when they were children. They'll all be berry unique of course, with rationales that span the gamut from theocratical to atheist.

I don't know whether to drink or laugh. Is this what it means to grow old?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You think it takes more than four minutes to read a paragraph of neoconservative barf?

quote:

If you think it's just to believe that removing a mass-murderer and tyrant that had repeatedly invaded other nations was an inherently immoral action, you may be a crass rear end in a top hat. If you've the opinion of many cod-leftists, that having done the wrong thing once, nations/the USA should never do anything again, you've all the brainpower of a particularly stupid amoeba.
/

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Most neoconservatives don't call themselves neoconservative.

quote:

Please, explain the justification under which removing Saddam Hussein, as an action in and of itself, is a morally neutral or immoral action.
/

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

emfive posted:

How exactly is the selection of which foreign leaders to topple by invasion and occupation to be made?

Why, I happen to have prepared a white paper addressing this very question. You can read it on my think tank's website, howdareyoucallmeneoconservative.org

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Guys let's overthrow governments, and replace dictators we installed with other dictators, but let's do it a little more smartly this time, yes?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Let's kill thousands in the process of choosing leaders for other countries, but woe betide he who calls me a neoconservative. I propose that we slay thousands solely for the purpose of advancing human rights. You could call me a "Scoop Jackson Democrat."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
See, now you regret calling me neoconservative. Neoconservatives might think it's a bad idea to start a nuclear war because you don't like the leader of Russia, whereas I

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Peta posted:

Number of people in this thread who know what it's like to live a single day under a fascist dictator: 0 (zero)

Number of people in this thread who know what it's like to be vaporized by white hot fire from an American bomber because they live under a fascist dictator: 0 (zero)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Peta posted:

Agreed, one or two years of civilian wartime casualties compares to the death toll that Iraq suffered under Saddam

Get purified by suffering, foreigners. It's for your own good.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wait, when we talk about deaths under Saddam are we including

-deaths from sanctions
-deaths from the Iran-Iraq War that we fomented

?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Peta posted:

What are you gonna do about it

Watch you get co-opted by neoconservative colonialists.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"Doing well" = "Exterminating Tamils"

Peta posted:

I'm sorry life is so cruel to you. I'm using sympathy now so don't call me a sociopath ever again.

Only a sociopath would say "I'm using sympathy right now."

I'M DEPLOYING SYMPATHY

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Forced gender reassignment for gay men is progressive?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Are you implying transwomen are gay men forced into transitioning?

No, I'm stating that men who have sex with men are sentenced to death in Iran and transitioning is a way to escape that fate.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Well presumably the US does bear some responsibility for those members of ISIS who received their training from the US military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Why does this sound like a very poorly worded Transcendental Argument for God?

• Locked thread