Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Kyrie eleison posted:

I honestly find that story more disturbing than anything. It's like something out of the twilight zone. It's particularly bizarre to me that the mother of the child is not named and is only mentioned in passing. It seems disordered, and I am concerned for the child. Put simply, this is not what I want for my life. My own homosexuality does not automatically make me comfortable with things like this. I think a lot of homosexuals feel the same way, but prefer not to admit their own homosexuality, or face the criticism from the political crowd.

Why is it that people like you always expect understanding and respect for your religious beliefs but don't respect how other people live? If I called your religion "disordered" or said I was uncomfortable you with practicing it you'd probably call me a religious bigot. Yet you feel perfectly comfortable expressing intolerant beliefs towards this gay couple with a kid. How hard is it to just recognize that you're going to live your life how you see fit and they're going to do the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

VitalSigns posted:

"Oh I bet a lot of homosexuals agree with me, but the Politically Correct Liberal Media is persecuting them to keep the Moral Majority of Out and Proud homosexual homophobes under wraps :tinfoil:"

I've seen this same basic argument from homophobes many, many times yet curiously enough I still haven't met one of these people even though I know quite a few gay Republicans/conservatives. It's just like the "silent majority" of hardcore conservative voters that supposedly exists yet is so silent they don't even vote.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Kyrie eleison posted:

People say nasty things about religion all the time. I'm accustomed to it in this environment. I only shared my reaction to that story because it was shared with me in a way that was supposed to inspire me personally to live that kind of lifestyle.

Of course they do, I'd just think that someone used to hearing nasty things about their religion might hesitate before saying nasty things about how other people live. Some people criticized your decision to live as a celibate gay man and then you immediately turn right around and criticize gay parents, do you think either of those things are constructive? Being a celibate gay man might look odd from my perspective but I'm not going to criticize how other people choose to live their lives as long as they're not harming me, perhaps you should try it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Peta posted:

It was illegal to own a satellite dish in Iraq under Hussein so I'm pretty sure we left it off better than it was before actually

Peta posted:

Number of people in this thread who know what it's like to live a single day under a fascist dictator: 0 (zero)

You're right I don't but my Iraqi friends who were there when the war started do, want to take a guess at how many of them or the people in Iraq they know supported the war?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Peta posted:

How can I dodge the silver bullet of your anecdotal evidence

You're the one who brought up the stupid argument about not knowing what it's like to live under a dictator, my anecdotes sure know a lot more about that than you do. If only they had actually polled Iraqis on this issue, I'm sure when proper statistical methods are used instead of anecdotes you'll find they wanted the war right?

quote:

A March 7, 2007 survey of more than 2,000 Iraqis found that 78% of the population opposed the presence of Coalition forces in Iraq, that 69% believed the presence of U.S. forces was making things worse, and that 51% of the population considered attacks on coalition forces acceptable, up from 17% in 2004 and 35% in 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/19_03_07_iraqpollnew.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Vaall posted:

Basically all I got out of this is that you're somewhat sympathetic towards homosexuals and gay sex because you're absolutely miserable around women and too afraid to initiate a relationship with one due to fear of rejection.

Jesus isn't the solution to this, growing balls is.

Not really, it's really far back so I don't remember exactly what he said but he thinks gays having kids is wrong and bad.

• Locked thread