Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
I can barely understand what it is you're trying to do (it's 5:30am here), but if you want unusual string gauges Kalium Strings probably has you covered. If you want to extend your range with fewer strings you could tune in fifths. Weird things: You could double-course one or more of the high stings by passing two strings over the same saddle. Or make a partial fretless by gluing a riser to part of the neck to match the fret height. As far as pickups go, how about a Fernandes sustainer system? And/or a G&L-style PTB tone stack? And kill switches? Kill switches.

You seem pretty into the reduced string count, but have you considered using a Hipshot Trinity bridge and just leaving off a few? Alternate tunings out the rear end (and on the fly!), and easy conversion back to six if you feel like it.

Those are my weird and I'll-advised suggestions. Sounds like a fun project. I want to see more pics as you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread