Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

If it's really about making something, you're already on your way. Anything that you do like putting 4 strings on there is going to be assymetrical and gently caress with the neck, or be a weird-rear end spacing that will gently caress with your playing on other guitar-like instruments. Unique in playstle is good and all, but unequal spacing goes pretty against most other instruments. I would stay away from that. You say you want a very percussive/slap/pop style of play on a guitar? You mean like Reggie Wooten or something like that (first person that popped into my mind.)? That's more your playing style than the instrument you play on.

You can still do something neat with this while "making something." How about winding your own pickups? Try making some P-90 pickups. poo poo, try winding something like a jazz pickup if you want, surrounded by two P-90s. Have the guitar in a non-standard tuning. Use another high e string instead of a low E. Try 2 humbuckers with super-7 switching or something weird like that.

I really hate to sound like I'm making GBS threads on the idea of you making something neat and new, but it seems like you want to make a compromise between getting a bass and using what you have to work with. There are still lots of ways to make something that is totally unique and new without taking a seeming compromise!

Also, timg that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread