Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

GrandmaParty posted:

VLP, VLP!

I support you in your suffering!

I'd like to do a VLP of it, because I legitimately love the game despite the insane garbage heap it is (I really really like transformation stuff), but I'm not personable enough for that. According to others from my role playing site days, I sound like a robot (and JonTron is already taken, thereby ruining the best name).

nine-gear crow posted:

WKC's myriad of problems.

My biggest flaw was the implementation of an Avatar MC that gets ignored in favor of Leonard. Nobody creates their Marty/Mary Sue character after being promised a story about them and likes the fact they just play fifth fiddle to loving Leonard.

As for Akihiro Hino, that poo poo just happens in games. He's not exactly a rare outlier. I just wrapped the World of Final Fantasy Maxima LP where I included a four part miniseries delving into the trash fire that FF expanded universes always turn into. Nojima was involved in a lot of major moments in FF, but he also went on to write FFX novels and audio dramas endorsed by Square where Tidus gets blown up by a bomb after being psuedo-transported through time and then summoned back by Yuna by her wishing it. Everyone is vulnerable to descending into madness, regardless of previous brilliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Psycho Knight posted:

I'd like to do a VLP of it, because I legitimately love the game despite the insane garbage heap it is (I really really like transformation stuff), but I'm not personable enough for that. According to others from my role playing site days, I sound like a robot (and JonTron is already taken, thereby ruining the best name).

If you'd have fun with it, do it. Everyone hates their own voice.

I loathe my voice but I have a ton of fun making lps.

Like I've complained about my voice and people go "yeah...."

But if they don't like it they don't have to watch.

:colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psycho Knight posted:

GrandmaParty posted:

If you'd have fun with it, do it. Everyone hates their own voice.

I loathe my voice but I have a ton of fun making lps.

Like I've complained about my voice and people go "yeah...."

But if they don't like it they don't have to watch.

:colbert:

Yeah! :buddy:

If you want to do it, do it. I hate the sound of my voice and I've done far too many VLPs. Plus I'd love to see someone do the inverse take on the game from mine, coming from a position of adoration rather than frustration. Besides, I find being "personable" in an LP is something that comes with just getting comfortable with doing it over time, or having a good set of co-commentators to back you up.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
crow do the PSP WKC game instead.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dash Rendar posted:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

nine-gear crow posted:

For the curious, the disc I broke at the end of the original LP was a separate copy I went out and bought at a used game store for like $20. I held on the broken disc shards, but I can't recall if they survived the move to my new place or not.

The shards of Narsil...

On-topic, is there a good, comprehensive LP of Mankind Divided out there? Doesn't have to be SA, but preferably post-commentary without facecam.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

nine-gear crow posted:

It's so loving weird too, because the crew behind WKC also put out some legit good content before and after it. Like, I ragged on Akihiro Hino all across the LP, but the dude did also write the Professor Layton games, Inazuma Elevem, Ni no Kuni, Dark Cloud and Yo-kai Watch. So the guy's got his share of skill and talent,
Eh, Level 5 hammers out tons of poo poo, and never seems to learn on a company scale. They also keep trying to turn everything into a game/anime/toys franchise.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah! :buddy:

If you want to do it, do it. I hate the sound of my voice and I've done far too many VLPs. Plus I'd love to see someone do the inverse take on the game from mine, coming from a position of adoration rather than frustration. Besides, I find being "personable" in an LP is something that comes with just getting comfortable with doing it over time, or having a good set of co-commentators to back you up.

It's an idea I suppose. I have been wanting to try out different types of LPs to see which is most fun. I'll keep it in mind. WKC is a serious time investment. I'd probably test the VLP waters with something like Farpoint first.

Dash Rendar posted:

I had to import that from the UK. The only thing I can remember about it are the transformation sequences. It's barely a WKC game.

Sonic the Hedge
Jan 29, 2014
Any good LPs of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain? Currently watching one by Alexey on youtube but it's not really my style because it's clumsy. Preferably something chill, informative, and in-depth. Doesn't have to be on SA.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can anyone recommend a decent Chrono Cross VLP?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

bike tory posted:

https://lparchive.org/Chrono-Cross/

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

that's not a vlp

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

that's not a vlp

I can't read, my bad

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Any suggestions for Xenoblade Chronicles with good editing?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Roluth posted:

Any suggestions for Xenoblade Chronicles with good editing?

Honestly I'd give Chuggaconroys lp a try. It's a few years old, and it has that typical Chuggaaconroy flavour, but it's by far the most comprehensive Xenoblade let's play out there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Chuggaa’s honestly probably your best bet. Sure, he’s got his distinct style and reads all of the unvoiced dialogue out loud, but on the otherhand, its probably the most comprehensive Xenoblade Chronicles video series you could find out there.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Does anybody know what happened to red Chocobo/chocorojo? Their last lp petered out and I haven’t seen anything since.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

bike tory posted:

ARavingLoon did a Stream VLP of it that's pretty good, only thing about it is that it has a (pretty good) gimmick of naming literally every character Bruce.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Finished part 1 of WKC, and I don't know what bothers me more:

Fridging a well-developed antagonist with a connection to the main plot and a relatively complex relationship to the rest of the main characters another character in favor of Blandy-McEyepatch,

or,

Ripping off the Nazgul theme note-for-note like you're Vanilla Ice.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I've been rediscovering the Space Station 13 LP by Razage: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568045

I don't really know how to explain it. It's a multiplayer game that generally descends into chaos in usually epic proportions. They usually start off chilled and informative but soon devolve into random insanity and hilarity.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm looking for a truly instructive LP of Crusaders Kings 2, either recent or applicable to the current state of the game. I don't mind text or video, goon-made or of a third party, just not the usual narrative kind.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Has anyone on or off SA done a decent comprehensive/ informative LP of The Witcher games? I’ve repeatedly tried to get into all three of them and the gameplay just does nothing for me, but I always found the writing and story to be really interesting. There’s nothing on LP archive and I’m afraid to jump into the YouTube swamp without any guidance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Has anyone on or off SA done a decent comprehensive/ informative LP of The Witcher games? I’ve repeatedly tried to get into all three of them and the gameplay just does nothing for me, but I always found the writing and story to be really interesting. There’s nothing on LP archive and I’m afraid to jump into the YouTube swamp without any guidance.

There's one of the Blood and Wine expansion, but I don't know how in depth it is. A comprehensive one of the base game for witcher 3 would be like 100 hours long, minimum.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I saw Split/Second on the schedule for SGDQ and it reminded me that the LP of it done here on the forums was really good. Extremely high level play showing off everything there is to see in the super ridiculous racing game, it's worth checking out if you missed it.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

Skwirl posted:

There's one of the Blood and Wine expansion, but I don't know how in depth it is. A comprehensive one of the base game for witcher 3 would be like 100 hours long, minimum.

I wouldn't really call it informative, it was a blind run, but it's here if you'd like to check it out. We did pretty much every quest that's not Gwent and got all the endings.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know of a good let's play of Metro 2033?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Christopher Odd has done comprehensive playthroughs of all three games. He does read out documents, but there's no silly voices and he knows to shut up for cutscenes, so that puts him ahead of 99% of all Youtube LPers. I'd say he's your best bet for the series.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Christopher Odd has done comprehensive playthroughs of all three games. He does read out documents, but there's no silly voices and he knows to shut up for cutscenes, so that puts him ahead of 99% of all Youtube LPers. I'd say he's your best bet for the series.

That’s pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's the perfect time of the year to be in a bit of a horror mood, really. Does anyone have any recommendations for Theresia: Dear Emile? There is one on the master list, but unfortunately it requires Archives to read.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Anyone seen an informative-educational Assassin's Creed Origins LP? I like ancient Egypt and would like to see someone who knows a lot about it play the game.

Failing that, an actual entertaining playthrough would work. So far, I've only found jackasses that mistakenly think we want to see them on camera or jackasses who pretend to be surprised at everything.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 29, 2019

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

OneDeadman posted:

ARavingLoon did a Stream VLP of it that's pretty good, only thing about it is that it has a (pretty good) gimmick of naming literally every character Bruce.

His response to the maudlin writing near the end was classic Loon, and was quite funny.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Was smight doing a witcher lp or am i going insane

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Was smight doing a witcher lp or am i going insane

He's done streams of Witcher 1.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVzW5E8pn2CP_JETj6r7yOiIVW5WUbQUY

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You should be reading TheMcD's LP of The Closer. It's something really magical.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ultrafilter posted:

Seconding, this game is something else.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultrafilter posted:

I just read it all and it's amazing.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Any good LPs, SA or otherwise, for Hollow Knight? Preferably something informative, but failing that, at least not blind.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ShootaBoy posted:

Any good LPs, SA or otherwise, for Hollow Knight? Preferably something informative, but failing that, at least not blind.

Highwang's LP is pretty good, covers everything except the latest DLC. He's played the base game at least once with a co-commentator going in blind, so it's very informative.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Im looking for a good FF12 Zodiac Age LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Eat The Rich posted:

Im looking for a good FF12 Zodiac Age LP.

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-XII-International-Zodiac-Job-System/