Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I've got one. Started watching AnilEhilated's Shadow Warrior 2013 LP and it's really good. The game looks like quite a bit of fun. All the knowledge I really had of it was that it's a remake of an older shooter that involved a lot of racial caricatures and stereotypes. I figured the game would be basically another Duke Nukem Forever. So far that doesn't seem to be the case. The combat looks really satisfying and the humour is actually genuinely funny for the most part. AnilEhilated also has a really good rapid-fire commentary that fits well with the game's quick pace. The LP is worth a peek, at any rate, just because it's so uncommon to see FPSes developed solely for the PC anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Pretty sure there was a "glitch old nes/snes games megathread" a while back. Pretty sure it's on LP archive. I'll link it when I'm not on my mobile.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
How do the ratings work anyways? Like, how many votes does a thread need before its rating becomes visible? Cause unranked threads dont appear when you sort by rating.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I also recommend it. I've only seen the first few and have been too busy to keep up, but theyve been hilarious and it's a fascinating game I've never taken the time to play. Worth it if only to have a greater appreciation for those stories you read in griefing threads.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Could I convince you to throw in a link?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568045

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wasn't there an LP of The Neverhood floating around not too long ago? What happened to that?

The IMG links all died?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2423503

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Here's a link, I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTUSgUTVyeY. There's only limited videos, it seems, as the LP was primarily an SSLP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
People sometimes do Fighting Fantasy on the actual Let's Play subforum. If you search "Fighting Fantasy" on the Master List, they'll pop up.

There's a couple active ones too: "Armies Of Death" http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650628

and, uh, I swear there was a Deathtrap Dungeon one that was going on or nearing completion.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I will make nine-gear crow do a blind LP of it when we finish the Killzone trilogy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I was kinda expecting more people than just me starting one up but aside from one guy in the Sandcastle who apparently decided not to do it after all for some reason I didn't see anything of the sort.

That was actually all just an elaborate ruse to get people to watch an LP of the Angry Birds RPG.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ChaosArgate posted:

There's always one of the good Sonic 06 LPs, in blind-Pokecapn and expert-MassRafter flavors. I can't post links because I'm on my phone, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

http://lparchive.org/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2006/ <--POKECAPN

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903 <--MASSRAFTER

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HeartNotes3 posted:

I'm trying to find some LPs with double commentators of classic games, especially N64 era but the lparchive mostly got me subtitled LPs...

Myself and nine-gear crow did an LP that fits those criteria, but I can't link it here because it's mine, and I can't Message you because your PMs are disabled or the inbox is full or something. If you're interested, it's on LPArchive. You can shoot me a PM for the link, if you want.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Holy poo poo, it's beautiful. :aaaaa:

BMS posted:

I'd also highly recommend you check out the thread, as they also broke down the "Shadows of the Empire" comic, and all it's wackiness.

All the information breakdowns, including the various comics, pop-up books, and the one TIE Fighter update are saved on the archive. I tried to quote as much possible of relevant posts, but yeah, the thread was an awesome read. Everyone contributed awesome stuff to the LP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HeartNotes3 posted:

The Star Wars one (I've never been a fan) actually looks really interesting because it's pretty much all new to me.

Cool! If you have any questions or concerns about Shadows or Dash Rendar, feel free to post them in one of my other LP threads. They generally all use the tag, and the Killzone thread has been good for general chit-chat.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lance Streetman posted:

It's been mentioned before, but it seriously looks like an ad. It blends into the page too well and doesn't stand out enough, so if you're not looking for it you're likely to not notice it.

This. I know it's there and I still miss it from time to time. It's not as obvious as some people think.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ultrafilter posted:

It's not quite finished, but nine gear crow's White Knight Chronicles is a brilliantly done piss take on a game that could've been fantastic but instead failed on almost every conceivable level. The level of effort he's put into it is ridiculous, and you should be reading it.

Skip to the first update, though. The character list has some pretty massive spoilers.

I hope it ends soon. I fear that crow is going mad. No one should have to play such a lovely game, let alone multiple times.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
One day I will do an Assassin's Creed III LP with Canadian/American history segments that feature Geop and SkippyGranola as guests. One day.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mico posted:

AC Liberation HD's on my To-LP list because it's actually good and hella underrated. Aveline's a way better character than Connor. The game suffers from alot of problems just by virtue of running on the same engine as AC3 though.

I wanted to play it, but couldn't because I didn't own a Vita. Finally saw the HD America collection, and since I haven't played Liberation or Black Flag, I think I'll probably pick it up. Good to hear it's fun.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

pigster posted:

Does anyone else like Halo 2.

Yeah, Halo 2 rocks. I would LP it, but first I must LP the Halo-Killer: the Killzone franchise. It's taking a while, so check back in 10 years.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

I plan to do a narrative screenshot Let's Play of Halo 2 soon. I plan to write all the dialogue in Ye Olde English except for Master Chief, who will be a pirate.

Sounds similar to my Killzone LP gimmick. (All the dialogue is written in Shakespearean-esque English, except for Rico, who gets to keep all his regular lines because he doesn't know what the gently caress a Shakespeare is).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Does he have an eyepatch? This is critical to my viewership needs.

The eye-patch should cover the entire visor of the Chief's helmet.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
My bad. To be completely 100% honest, I sometimes forget what threads I'm posting in. I just click through my bookmarks and read whatever the latest posts are. I can erase all mentions of "THAT GAME" if it makes you feel better.

But seriously, oops, I thought this was the Request thread for some reason.

Sally fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 21, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

digital signal processing

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Mass Effect 3's story was flawed, but it still had a lot of high-points that are worth checking out. I wouldn't write off the game entirely just because the ending was poorly handled.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Suspicious Dish posted:

That's an acronym, beef.

Initialism works if slowbeef intends for you to pronounce each individual abbreviated letter.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:negative:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lazyfire's latest LP of Wolfenstein: The New Order is really good. One, because Lazyfire has an excellent commentary style. Two, because W:TNO is an extremely fun game to watch. So check it out, and see BJ monologue while stabbing and shooting robo-Nazi horrors!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BMS posted:

I'd highly recommend you check out CJacobs' Dead Space 3 LP. Anybody that's familiar with his other DS LPs will know why, but for those that aren't, he's doing a great job of showing off the game, while preserving the atmosphere of it, which is HIGHLY important...ok, maybe not as important for DS3, but that's a personal opinion! :ghost:

Preserving the rich atmosphere of this masterpiece has been our number 1 priority.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
There's a pretty sweet LP going on of a rad art-y puzzle game. It's been going on for a while, so there's plenty of content to watch. The graphics are great, it has an awesome soundtrack, and the gameplay is of the simple yet challenging variety. You should watch it. oh yeah, it is called flywrench

Sally fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 14, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Holy crap, we have entered a golden age of joke LPs. Read DATE SPEEDWAGON. it's goddamned hilarious.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Why does nobody remember The Forgotten Sands. :negative:

Haha, I get it! "Why does nobody remember The Forgotten Sands?" I guess we all forgot!!!!$!$@ :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Richard Gamingo is my favourite SA LPer. He and Valkhorn were the true pinnacle of the craft.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Valkhorn came in, put out a bunch of low effort LPs, and left when people stopped watching them because he refused to improve upon them. But hey, he made it clear his intent was just to get on what he perceived as the lofty and elite LPArchive, so I suppose he succeeded in that regard.

frozentreasure posted:

After doing this a bunch, people started calling him out on wasting everyone's time asking for feedback and criticism yet always ignoring the main things people would bring up. Eventually he started a Kairo thread and was super defensive of any criticism in the OP and the thread was almost immediately gassed, and that was about the end of Valkhorn's time on SA, excluding the odd time or two that he'd pop out of the woodwork to explain how everyone in LP is an elitist poo poo and he doesn't have to put up with it (fair cop).

Actually, he persevered through the Kairo LP, despite no one really watching it.

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 8, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Azran posted:

Also, I just tried to watch The Man with the Hat's Dead Space LP and all the links are dead :(

DumbRodent is also currently working on a Dead Space LP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697968

Heck, the entire trilogy is being LPed at the moment.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lethemonster's Xenoblade LP is chill and good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you like interesting JRPGs, Dragonatrix's Shin Megami Tense: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 LP is good: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660272

They're through the first game, and nearing the end of the second. Also, for an SMT LP, it has minimal amounts of idiots freaking out about whether or not Chaos, Neutral, or Law is the superior path.

(It's an SSLP, with videos of boss fights and music links--the music is VERY good).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

frozentreasure posted:

Who even says "chill" anymore?

hey man, chill.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FactsAreUseless posted:

You need to be watching this Super Mario World LP. Ground floor here, people.

I second this. It's really funny.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Funniest (off-site) LP I've watched today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSktFSnr2mM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Maybe it should flash? Or be a different colour? Of have a "click me" icon?