Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Epee Em posted:

I forget how to check if some are featured already

The list of games with blurbs is at lparchive.org/blurbs. I don't think there's a way to see which games need blurbs other than seeing if it's NOT on that list. Remember that the blurb images should be 160x120.

Geop posted:

Final Fantasy XII IZJS by BrainWeasel - An incredibly informative subtitled VLP of, in my opinion, an under-rated game with a very unique presentation. (Recommended by Ilyich)

Huh, wow. Okay. Not to self-promote, but can I ask for an addition to this recommendation, that people with archives should read the original thread where possible? The LP had fantastic thread participation, both in the essay contests and general between-update discussion and analysis, that really made the LP what it was but was too much to archive.

Actual recommendations -- I really enjoy Smite's Rogue Legacy, PsychBalls' Super Meat Boy, and the ongoing JadeStar XCOM guide. I really like video LPs where somebody makes a difficult game look easy, as well as deconstruction-y stuff that expose the gears and wires behind the game, and that applies to all three of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Weekly poll, top 3 get recommended?

Don't know what that would do that "sort by thread rating" wouldn't.