Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Sneaky Fast posted:

So i saw this video of Arma where two police officers (in character ) stop a driver and all hell breaks lose. Does anybody have the faintest clue to where i could find it?

Possibly one of the shacktac guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PnJf35vso&index=1&list=PLEC4CDB080258A454

Check out that playlist for anything starting with A2: The Game.

e: well maybe not then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sneaky Fast posted:

That it is it!!!!! i was wrong about it only being American/Canadian guys. loving Fabulous

Swell!

Chewbot posted:

I have to say, this is pretty fantastic and the fact that the main guy sounds like Homestar Runner just pushes it over the top for me.

That's Beagle. He's pretty chill Aussie and in addition to putting up ARMA highlights from ShackTac he's also done an amazingly funny and incredibly well edited play through of XCOM: Enemy Unknown on the hardest difficulty with ironman mode enabled. He also explains the reasoning behind his decisions clearly and concisely. For a long time was the go to guy to watch to learn how to play XCOM, at least until the expansion dropped.

Big disclaimer:

He has two very different series. XCOM: Ironman Impossible is the very tightly edited series with short, punchy and funny episodes. Live and Impossible are live recordings uploaded (almost) in full. It's interesting to see his decision making live but it's nowhere near as entertaining as Ironman Impossible.

He's also currently doing a live series of the Long War mod beta, which makes so many changes to XCOM that it's beyond incredible and adds tonnes of depth. It's also ball-breakingly hard even though Beagle has a habit of making it look easy when the RNG helps him out of a bind. The downside being that the videos are really, really, really loving long but you can skip the end of the video where he takes ages painstakingly setting up the squad for the next mission.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Xander77 posted:

Are / were any of the CYOA's written in GBS (I think they were popular for a time? I recall one where the goons played as an Ork on a Space Hulk and one where we were a roman senator) any good, and also actually completed instead of being abandoned?

(Note that I'm very much not talking about the illustrated stuff that ended up on the front page a while back)

The Ork CYOA wasn't completed but it was still great. It languishes in the archives.

There's an Imperial Guard CYOA still going which will likely outlast humanity. Link.

Dunno about any others, try the game room subforum in trad games.

e: fixed, thanks

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 11, 2014

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Were you actually looking up spoiler warning, because I remembered the name completely wrong.

There are some really funny moments and some insightful commentary in SW's skyrim lp, but that's offset against long stretches of tedium and the commentators sounding so sick and tired of the game that they'd happily slit their wrists to escape.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Paradox Personified posted:

I've always been enamored with post-apoc, somewhat survival-type genres.. I've been way too into World War Z lately and that type of run-fight-survive as the world breaks down around you is an amazing motif. Is State of Decay one of these, even though it has zombies I won't discount those types but I'd prefer the whole post-apoc battle as the focus, instead of zombies.
Remember HomeFront and those game mechanics and that ever-present storyline? Junk like that, if anyone knows anything? :)

Well, SoD is after everything has already broken down and is about setting up and managing a base, going out to gather resources and finding survivors to recruit. The zombies are incidental except for a few special types that will put the fear of god in you. It's a pretty neat game, charming and with a lot of atmosphere at times.

It has a storyline but it's nothing special, in fact the story is considered an extended tutorial for the Breakdown DLC, which has no storyline but you have a goal to find and fix up an RV to move on. When you 'move on', you restart the same map with a few of your survivors and supplies but everything gets harder. More zombies, tougher zombies, more special zombies, less loot, less vehicles to use. It gets drat hard after a few iterations, and the game really starts to shine when every supply run is an exercise in sphincter control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Pollyanna posted:

I've been getting into humorous group VLPs recently, having just finished Four Swords Adventures. That LP was amazing just due to the sheer hilarious bullshit and dickery between all the different players. Geop's Wind Waker and Faerie Fortune's OoT runs (plus its associated Chaos Mode and Super Wrong runs) are also great and have awesome group dynamics, and watching a blind player being directed by a non-blind player trying to avoid spoilers is seriously funny poo poo. (I don't have the patience to watch all of Geop's Dark Souls LP, though.)

The LPs like those that I've found include Dead Space 3, which was pretty great, and I just found Disaster - Day of Crisis on the archive, which looks promising. Any others like these I should know about?

I would recommend MenDrinkin'Coffee. Ride to Hell: Retribution doesn't have coop dickery but it's an amazing(ly bad) game and the MDC have so much fun with it. They also did MindJack, which does have coop and even dark souls-like PVP invasions at times.