Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

People sometimes do Fighting Fantasy on the actual Let's Play subforum. If you search "Fighting Fantasy" on the Master List, they'll pop up.

There's a couple active ones too: "Armies Of Death" http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650628

and, uh, I swear there was a Deathtrap Dungeon one that was going on or nearing completion.

Look for wethamster the thread was game and book dnd style and it went into the archives in the last month so I don't know if it still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Even more awesome is that it is live commentary that sounds like post commentary.
The only way us viewers learn of this is when she upgraded her mic and didn't know exactly where to put it so we heard the faint clickty-clack of the controller for an episode or 2.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

What's the most Christmas-themed LP's you can think of? Screenshot or video are fine. I'm fine with (and encourage) loose arguments as to what makes a LP a Christmas LP.

Well there is the PS1 game going on now called The Grinch and is based on the live action movie of the Grinch that stole Christmas.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm sick and can't do much beyond sitting in bed or shuffling to the kitchen to make tea/really uncomfortable mucusy noises. Any recommendations of VLPs to chill out and watch while I recover? I'm thinking along the lines of something chill and informative like Diabetus's Mario Galaxy 2, or something with a fun dynamic like Geop's Dark Souls.

e: Dan&Dad's Mercenaries 2 was a masterwork

There is frozentreasure's Fez LP The videos are very chill. He does all the platforming/exploration in the first round and leaves all the puzzle stuff for NG+.
Fair warning, The thread drifts in and out of chillness.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Putty posted:

isn't this the guy that said the pathing bugs for monsters was an intentional part of the game's difficulty

Actually it was intentional. There is a prebeta version of dark souls 1 with 100% proper pathing. The play testers actually asked for some of the fixes to be turned off, especially in blight town, because it took certain positioning for the enemies to kill them selves. Sorry, My google-fu is a bit off tonight so I don't have a link to the interview that where the lead programer said that right now.

Edit: I am not saying that it is smart of fromsoft I am just saying what I remember reading of interviews reposted on SA threads.

Major_JF fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Sociopastry posted:

Any Bioshock 2 LPs? I've watched the Bioshock 1 in the archive and now I'm ready for the next one!

Brainamp did a SubVLP of 2 Here If you don't have archives The first video is Here.