Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Squish posted:

Are Dead to Rights and Devil May Cry 3 working for anyone else? Both gave me Video Not Found errors.

I think we may need to make this banner an auto-reply for this thread. Having it on the pages in the LP archive and in the OP of this thread and two posts up on this thread clearly isn't enough for some people.

As for Dead To Rights, which happens not to have that banner, the baldurdash links are working for me.

Edit: Bah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

KillHour posted:

I'm watching through the Kay Plays Dark Souls LP recommended in the OP, and it's fantastic so far - except for one thing that's really annoying me. Does she ever play online? When I realized she's offline, it removed a huge chunk of my motivation to watch since I already know the game front and back.

I think she did go online eventually, particularly around the Anor Londo area and afterward, but I can't say for sure. I didn't watch the Dark Souls 2 playthrough because I'm still working my way through the game (by which I mean seeing how much dust it can collect), but she's just started Demon's Souls and she's definitely online for that. She's also improved quite a bit technically, both in gameplay terms and in presentation, so it's a good watch.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, forgot to mention that there are a couple of interesting Demon's Souls LP's going on right now, like Dooky Dingo's LP of it and I think Angrymog's beginner's guide to the game (though I'm at a loss to find the threads).

Possibly because you're searching for Demon's Souls and those two threads are running Dark Souls.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The idea that everything not on SA is garbage is just elitism. Depending on your tolerance for things that the community here frowns on, there's a lot of high-quality work out there, but it's buried in popular-by-means-of-screaming-scarecam channels that Youtube promotes, because one percent of the channels should have fifty percent of the views. Smooth McGroove (often linked in LP threads here for his a capella covers of video game music) has just started an LP channel (link) complete with facecam, that uses editing and speed-ups judiciously, but also the silly captions to draw attention to funny things. You might find the face in the corner obnoxious, since it covers part of the game screen, but the playthroughs are fun, and it just isn't a Smooth McGroove video without his cat showing up at least once. Kay Plays (link) does the same level of editing for blind playthroughs, with no facecam. I happen to enjoy both, even though neither would last long on SA with their current styles. They're both playing the original Legend of Zelda right now, coincidentally, so you can compare them if you so choose.

I've said before that choosing not to be entertained by something just limits your options and decreases your overall quality of life. I watch plenty of things that aren't "objectively good" if such a concept exists, but I choose to have fun and enjoy them. Give stuff a chance and you'll be better for it. Granted, there's plenty of material here on the forum to keep anyone fully occupied, so if you want to insist on top quality, you can. But you don't have to.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Are there any other glitch-run LPs like MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening?

Youtube user SwordlessLink does LPs where he exploits glitches as much as possible, generally in the interest of showing them off but also usually to meet some sort of condition, such as completing the temples in Ocarina of Time in reverse order or beating Super Mario 64 DS without collecting a single coin. I recommend starting with the Ocarina LP to see whether you like his style - late in the Mario 64 DS LP, he starts getting angry at the game and it's considerably less fun to watch. Still neat to see, but probably more so if you're that devoted by then.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

I'm going to add a recommendation for ddegenha's ongoing Illusion of Gaia LP. It's an obscure mid-90s SNES action RPG which I think is best summed up with this quote:

You'll probably want to read Soul Blazer first, if you haven't. The Illusion of Gaia LP kind of picks up where that one left off, since it's a spiritual successor. ddgenha has made that slightly more literally true.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Sounds like you are against the idea of satire, while Lizard Wizard is obviously a satirical poster. I'm not asking for an apology, but i feel sort of annoyed to be probated for interpreting the LP line-up.

You probably should have E-mailed Fedule, then.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

The guy who made MODE popped into supergreatfriend's thread a couple times and also got probated? for a while for, if I remember right, going on and on about conspiracy theory stuff. It'll take archives, though. Also even though SGF finished up the LP on his youtube channel he stopped coming back to the thread at some point.

He made a new thread and finished the game in that. Spaxter did return for the ending.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

kjetting posted:

In the original thread the director of the game started posting, and suddenly a lot of the game made sense. I think he was banned for spouting some conspiracy theories or something, but he still had some good stories about the production of the game and the justification for things like using a multicolored bar as the only interaction in the game.

He re-upped when the final thread came around and gave a bit more insight into the more obscure parts of the game, more or less confirming a couple of technical problems and scenes that aren't normally accessible within the game even though they were supposed to be.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Does anyone remember a LP of a game in which you play golf with frogs? I cant remember who did it or the name of the game. Any help is appreciated.

Are you thinking of the "Frolf is Frog Golf" game? I believe that was Ribbit King, Pins did the LP, and he deleted the videos for reasons that may or may not have been clear to anyone at any time.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Beelerzebub posted:

Does anyone know of any good Yakuza 1 and 2 LP's?

I really liked the one Jamesman did of the first game.

Obligatory reminder to click the GIANT RED BANNER at the top of the page to see the videos.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Are Strawhatno going to do it? I've fallen in love with their Zelda stuff.

They're doing it right now on their Youtube channel, as a stream with VODs.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Thanks for this. There have been times when I had to ask someone to mention one of my LPs that was a perfect fit for the request, and I was rapidly running out of friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

davidspackage's LP of Limbo of the Lost should probably tell you enough just from the title, but the thread was pretty marvelous too, if you have archives. He posted in the persona of his mother, having found his corpse at the computer and wanting to know why he died, so she was posting the videos he'd recorded to honor his final wish.