Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This thread title brought to you by raocow.

HideofBeast goes as Violen on the SA forums, i think. Loved his Megaman challenge runs, even though i never played the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am pronouncing Loz OoT right now and it sounds like the opposite of "lawsuit". Instead it sounds like shizukamiteiru, actually, which makes more sense since Shigeru Miyamoto is Japanese.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
DumbRodent is also doing a Dead Space LP now tho i'm not sure if he's posted a thread for it yet.

Alternatively, i can't recommend The Man With A Hat's Dead Space LP enough. He's even giving you the option. subtitled close-to-first-experience playthrough and a voiced have-fun playthrough.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Definitely watch Last Alert, it's the one that made them consider riffing on Long Plays at all. The game is absolutely ridiculous, and it's almost worth watching alone to hear Diabetus burst out in full laughter for once.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And pondering in the bathroom.

So much pondering.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MrMenshevik posted:

This is a weird one, but I'm trying to practice my German and I was hoping I could listen to some banter. Anyone know of a good German-language LP in any genre?
Sorry, they're all trash.

All good German LPers do their LPs in English.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Their reaction to finishing Shadow's story in Sonic '06 was amazing and i'm so glad nobody spoiled that for them.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Saints Row 2

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Is there a good LP of The Stanley Parable? Because I heard that that game was great and I played the demo, and I don't get it at all. I want to know what people who like it see in it.

Isn't the Stanley Parable one of those games where the demo's content are actually not in the main game at all, and just kinda like it?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Powerfrog posted:

One of my favorite unexpectedly chill LPs ever is MapleLeaf's Big Mutha Truckers. http://lparchive.org/Big-Mutha-Truckers/

Towards the other extreme, what are some LPs where the LPer is clearly better at the game than 99.99% of people and it shows? I feel like most of the more impressive LPs I've seen have been based on good planning and editing but not so much raw skill.

Also to be super annoying and specific, preferably not speedrunny kind of stuff, as I get enough of that from actual speedruns.

This'll probably seem a little... "janky" by now, since it's an LP from 2009, but if you're looking for skill, you can't really miss out on James315's Battlefield 1942 LP. Yeah, an LP of a multiplayer game seems like a really bad idea, but he makes it work. Even when his side loses, he usually still tops the scoreboard. His voice is always calm and informative, and he explains most of the little tricks he uses to get an edge.

/edit:
Also, some extremely badass things happened in that LP

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 19, 2015

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
slowbeef isn't really bad at the game, just doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. Which is p. bad if you're looking for lore videos and whatnot, but hell, i still remember when he was playing Demon's Souls blind and rolled through the crossbow machine on his first try.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xoFcitcrA posted:

Ayn Rand-themed erotic thriller?

What the gently caress are these words doing together

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
AccountingNightmare's LPs of the Devil May Cry series are very skillful, mostly flashy but not speedy.
James315 did a pretty skillful LP of Battlefield 1942 (yes, the online FPS). So skillful that you can count the number of matches where he didn't rank first on one hand. It's pretty old by now though, maybe a little janky for 2016.
Stuntman by TyrantSable might be the most brutally hard and unforgiving driving game i've ever seen. Not sure if you can call it skillful, but the finished stunt run for a level at least looks pretty skillful. :v:

All of them single commentator, though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't watching slowbeef's Wifestreams already, please, for the love of whatever deity you worship, do so. They get uploaded to youtube, too. Definitely check out their playthrough of Catherine, a game fittingly about relationships and cheating. They have amazing banter.
slowbeef's wife hasn't really played videogames or been much on the internet before this whole streaming thing, but she sure can troll with the best of them.

:v: "Now Vincent can pursue his dreams of streaming games professionally and jerking off to anime."
:j: Yeah!
:v: Wait, but Vincent IS anime!
:j: Vincent is DarkSeedPhil.
:v: D'you think that.... Do you think that, like.... Anime jerks off to us? :420:
:j: Yeah
:v: ....okay. Anyway-
:j: Heyy, uhm, you wanna get in bed and watch some hentai?
:v: .... What'd you say?
:j: Do you wanna get in bed.... watch some hentai? :heysexy:
:v: Thaaat's my plan!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aithon posted:

I think Rogue Legacy might fit the bill. Most unlocks are just bought with treasure you find lying around, but after every death, you get a new character with a different class and their own weird quirks.

The LP is also done by someone who (at the time of the LP) had the world speedrun record for the game.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Probably Work Time Fun.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://lparchive.org/Touhou-1-6/

Zorak's playthroughs of Touhou 1-6. He planned for more, but burned out i think. Definitely worth a watch. he goes into the origins of some of the imagery or enemies and the like, and it's also interesting to see where the series got its origins (as a kind-of Arkanoid style game)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
P. sure Beags does in fact have an account here, but he's not posting in LP.

Also he's amazing, not just at playing XCOM, but at the whole making it entertaining thing, too. His joy in interacting with the game and its troops is infectious, and makes you care about these dumb guerilla pixelmen a lot.

edit: Here he is.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 11, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also lemme post in here to say thanks for getting my attention back towards Beaglerush resuming his XCOM2 playthrough. It's intensely entertaining, which is surprising since it's 30 minutes of solo commentary over like 8 strategy game moves with little changes between missions. He's just so enthusiastic about the game, and having fun with it. I dunno, you rarely see that nowadays.

"I love alien murder. I just love ayy murder, I love it so much."
- Beaglerush, 2016

*25 seconds later, maniacally laughs while tearing down entire buildings to crush the enemies inside*

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zandar posted:

Don't forget, he also LPed Final Fight.

Even if you don't care about Final Fight, watch this. Yes, you.

Do it.